What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bill Maher wants to coach the Democrats (1 Viewer)

He sounds like a complete nutjob in that monologue.  Trump won’t even get the nomination in 2024.  He’s done.  America’s had enough of him.

He sounds like a complete nutjob in that monologue.  Trump won’t even get the nomination in 2024.  He’s done.  America’s had enough of him.

sadly, I'm not so sure about that. Who else has enough of a following to beat him?

sadly, I'm not so sure about that. Who else has enough of a following to beat him?
Trust me.  I’m the guy who predicted Trump would win in 2016.  Don’t be deceived by the people who still like Trump and go to his rallies.  They like that he fights back and gets in Liberals’ heads.  But they also realize he makes a bad President.  He’ll get votes, but he won’t get the nom.

Trust me.  I’m the guy who predicted Trump would win in 2016.  Don’t be deceived by the people who still like Trump and go to his rallies.  They like that he fights back and gets in Liberals’ heads.  But they also realize he makes a bad President.  He’ll get votes, but he won’t get the nom.
I'm not so sure about that.

And if he is the best chance that the Republicans have to beat the Democrats, they'll line up behind him in mass.

I would love nothing more then to believe this, but the support he still enjoys with the rank and file GOP in Congress suggests otherwise. They still bend the knee at every chance possible. 

He still has a stranglehold on the party as is evident by the fear of anyone to speak out and those that do get Ostracized almost immediately.  

He’ll get votes, but he won’t get the nom.
Who would primary him?

Desantis seems the logical choice--he's young, good looking, checks every box on the MAGA checklist, but Trump will unload on him, and perhaps do permanent damage to Desantis' career.

Brian Kemp is an example. He is MAGA on steroids. The dude made a campaign commercial where he pointed a gun at his daughter's boyfriend. He did everything he was supposed to do except steal the election, and for that reason Trump has humiliated him, going so far as to endorse Stacey Abrams.

Trump will burn everything to the ground if he doesn't get his way.

I think he will, simply because no one wants to commit political suicide by going up against him.  Pretty much every Republican who has gone against him since 2015-2016 is either a non-factor now (remember when Marco Rubio was considered one of the future stars of the GOP? I cannot remember the last time I heard anything about him) or got in line behind him (Cruz, Graham) and you don't get in Trump''s line to jump it on him.  

I'm not so sure about that.

And if he is the best chance that the Republicans have to beat the Democrats, they'll line up behind him in mass.
 Maybe, but you can't win the presidency without winning over a lot of independents, and my guess is most independents would rather vote for either no one or the Democratic nominee than Trump in 2024 (mark me down as one of those people). 

I think he will, simply because no one wants to commit political suicide by going up against him.  Pretty much every Republican who has gone against him since 2015-2016 is either a non-factor now (remember when Marco Rubio was considered one of the future stars of the GOP? I cannot remember the last time I heard anything about him) or got in line behind him (Cruz, Graham) and you don't get in Trump''s line to jump it on him.  

Maybe, but you can't win the presidency without winning over a lot of independents, and my guess is most independents would rather vote for either no one or the Democratic nominee than Trump in 2024 (mark me down as one of those people). 
That's true, but that ain't gonna keep him from winning the nomination.

So which part wasn't true? 
The Raffensberger call stuff has been pretty thoroughly discussed and debunked. Yes, Trump used the words "find votes", no he wasn't asking Raffensberger to find votes for him on some secret call of coercion to overthrow the election.  I'd rather not go into too much because of the mods, but Maher specifically states at the end he is fear mongering so my comment shouldn't be too controversial.

The Raffensberger call stuff has been pretty thoroughly discussed and debunked. Yes, Trump used the words "find votes", no he wasn't asking Raffensberger to find votes for him on some secret call of coercion to overthrow the election.
I hope you warmed up and stretched well before that reach, you could pull something.  

He never asked to make up any fraudulent votes, he outlined that they believed that they won by many more (over 400K votes) than the 11k+ difference. But he says that there is no difference between winning by 1/2 million votes or 2 votes. He outlined multiple violations they believed happened but to save everyone time, they didn't need to investigate every instance of fraud, just the minimum would be enough for them to turn the state. 

Here is the full transcript

But just in case you don't want to read the whole, here are the instances I reference.

I hope you warmed up and stretched well before that reach, you could pull something.  

I mean, there's a transcript that can be read. Like I said, already pretty thoroughly discussed here.

Sadly there is no one that will even come close to Trump to getting enough "Republican" votes in the primary. The General election itself is up in the air depending on whether Democrats can find a moderate candidate that can appeal to independents that is not a Bernie Sanders radical type. Biden should refuse the nomination.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/575207-trump-favorability-hits-new-high-in-iowa-poll

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost Rider said:

I can't believe people hate Trump so personally that they would really vote for Biden again?  Biden has been a complete and utter disaster.  Through his first 9 months, he is easily the worst President of my lifetime.  

Not to hijack but anyone who calls for peaceful protests and pursues legal challenges through the courts is upholding democracy, not destroying it.
I would not characterize advancing specious and baseless legal claims as upholding democracy, nor would I consider the spreading of misinformation in order to undermine public confidence in our electoral process to be upholding democracy.  Also, calling for the Vice President to act extra-constitutionally in order to overturn the election results is not upholding democracy, in my opinion. 

I would not characterize advancing specious and baseless legal claims as upholding democracy, nor would I consider the spreading of misinformation in order to undermine public confidence in our electoral process to be upholding democracy.  Also, calling for the Vice President to act extra-constitutionally in order to overturn the election results is not upholding democracy, in my opinion. 
Touche.

Let's call this one a draw.

I can't believe people hate Trump so personally that they would really vote for Biden again?  Biden has been a complete and utter disaster.  Through his first 9 months, he is easily the worst President of my lifetime.  
Vote for Biden again? I would say the odds of Biden running again in 2024 are slim to none.  

It is curious.  Rather than placing someone effective, albeit stomach turning, they would happily place someone they think is a "good guy" but whose policies are thoroughly devastating to this nation , notable the most disenfranchised among us.

The worst President in my lifetime failed to accept the fact he lost an election and concede like every other President, and  said he loved a bunch of rioters who injured police while breaking into the US Capital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of a single Democrat right now who deserves my vote.  Not one.  I can come up with a few Republicans who I would vote for at this moment.  
It would be wishful thinking if the Republicans you might consider were any of the following..Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, John Kasich, Mitt Romney. Ben Sasse. About the only ones I would consider. 

It would be wishful thinking if the Republicans you might consider were any of the following..Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, John Kasich, Mitt Romney. Ben Sasse. About the only ones I would consider. 

At least there are Republicans you would consider.  I can't think of one Democrat.  Maybe Buttigeig.  

The worst President in my lifetime failed to accept the fact he lost an election and concede like every other President, and  said he loved a bunch of rioters who injured police while breaking into the US Capital.
Sorry to hear of your passing 10 months ago. 

If they make the right moves between now and mid-terms, I think Trump will NOT run and will throw his support behind someone.  I am thinking a female and I am thinking Nikki Haley or Kristi Noem (although neither stick out right now).  I do not think it is unreasonable to see a Haley/Desantis ticket with DeSantis as VP and I think that ticket with the support of Trump would be extremely difficult to match on the Democrat side.   

If they make the right moves between now and mid-terms, I think Trump will NOT run and will throw his support behind someone.  I am thinking a female and I am thinking Nikki Haley or Kristi Noem (although neither stick out right now).  I do not think it is unreasonable to see a Haley/Desantis ticket with DeSantis as VP and I think that ticket with the support of Trump would be extremely difficult to match on the Democrat side.   
I hope you're right.  I like Haley.  But she's not a Trump acolyte, so I'm not sure Trump would throw his support behind her.  Haley has been pretty good at straddling the fence between Republican and Trumplican, but I don't think she will kiss the ring.

Trump is obviously very dislikeable but he was also a disaster.  His handling of the Covid crisis was just so awful.  And it was pretty much set up on a tee for him.  He just had to take it seriously and pretend to be concerned about the health of the everyday American.

Trump is obviously very dislikeable but he was also a disaster.  His handling of the Covid crisis was just so awful.  And it was pretty much set up on a tee for him.  He just had to take it seriously and pretend to be concerned about the health of the everyday American.

And yet armed with a vaccine, Biden's COVID numbers are even worse.

Snotbubbles said:
And yet armed with a vaccine, Biden's COVID numbers are even worse.
This seems a lot like complaining about an F on a test after refusing the teacher's offer to provide extra help.  Republicans are the ones ranting and raving about COVID policies the administration wants to implement or tries to implement, then simultaneously complaining that the administration isn't doing enough to help.

Admin:  Get vaccinated!
GOP:  *stomps feet*  No, I don't wanna!
Admin:  Wear a mask!
Admin:  Practice social distancing!
GOP:  Why won't the administration do something??!!?!

This seems a lot like complaining about an F on a test after refusing the teacher's offer to provide extra help.  Republicans are the ones ranting and raving about COVID policies the administration wants to implement or tries to implement, then simultaneously complaining that the administration isn't doing enough to help.

:rolleyes:

Is it you that keeps repeating this tired little thing over and over?  Or are you guys copying and pasting from Meta or something?   You got one part wrong...The GOP isn't whining about the administration to do something, they want the administration to STOP doing things.  And they especially want the admin to stop MANDATING things.  Subtle differences I know, but hey..facebook is super cool!!!

Not quite.  But I'm not going to belabor how totally off-base you are with your position since it been beat to death repeatedly on these boards.

Users who are viewing this thread