What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bill Maher wants to coach the Democrats (3 Viewers)

🤷‍♂️  Trump set a low bar for COVID response, and Biden can't even get over it.
Arguing who's guy is more responsible for more deaths is likely neverending -- what we DO know is the first guy was in denial, slow to respond, sowed distrust and division and we paid for it dearly.

Arguing who's guy is more responsible for more deaths is likely neverending -- what we DO know is the first guy was in denial, slow to respond, sowed distrust and division and we paid for it dearly.

What we also know is the the second guy, knowing how deadly the virus was, armed with a vaccine (provided by the first guy) has seen even more people die YOY than the first one. 

There was a massive wave in Dec/Jan. About 105k people died from covid in January. Trump was president until Jan 20, so attributing all 2021 covid numbers to Biden is really inaccurate.

That being said, I think it is dumb to use covid cases or deaths to evaluate the performance of either president. There is so much out of their control because the response is mostly up to states and individuals themselves.

Almost entirely because supporters of the first one refuse to take the vaccine.

That is an irrelevant fact.  One person had 0% of the population vaccinated.  Another person had over 50% of the population vaccinated.  The mortality numbers shouldn't even be close, instead, MORE people are died this year under Biden.  

There was a massive wave in Dec/Jan. About 105k people died from covid in January. Trump was president until Jan 20, so attributing all 2021 covid numbers to Biden is really inaccurate.

That being said, I think it is dumb to use covid cases or deaths to evaluate the performance of either president. There is so much out of their control because the response is mostly up to states and individuals themselves.

And yet people are still posting this:

Trump is obviously very dislikeable but he was also a disaster.  His handling of the Covid crisis was just so awful.  And it was pretty much set up on a tee for him.  He just had to take it seriously and pretend to be concerned about the health of the everyday American.

That is an irrelevant fact.  One person had 0% of the population vaccinated.  Another person had over 50% of the population vaccinated.  The mortality numbers shouldn't even be close, instead, MORE people are died this year under Biden.  
You realize that the US didn't hit the 50% vaccinated rate until August

It's irrelevant if you're not attempting to draw a conclusion and merely stating numbers.  If you're attempting to draw a conclusion such as "Biden has performed poorly" then it's hugely relevant.  It becomes even more relevant when one realizes that Biden is attempting policies to coerce more Trump supporters into becoming vaccinated, yet being shouted down and fought every step of the way by the same people.

Of course it's relevant and a piece of the puzzle.   When you combine the way higher % of a death being a from an unvaccinated person (stats I saw from CDC were something like 92% of deaths from April-July were unvaccinated individuals) and then what moops just posted that we can't post as though we were fully vaccinated for this whole year.  

It's irrelevant if you're not attempting to draw a conclusion and merely stating numbers.  If you're attempting to draw a conclusion such as "Biden has performed poorly" then it's hugely relevant.  It becomes even more relevant when one realizes that Biden is attempting policies to coerce more Trump supporters into becoming vaccinated, yet being shouted down and fought every step of the way by the same people.

I just posted the numbers earlier.  Only 60% of Independents are vaccinated.  You keep trying to paint this as a Trump supporter thing but Independents voted mostly with Biden.  The reality is people don't want to put something in their bodies without long-term safety studies.  

And yet people are still posting this:
I'm not really interested in debating anyone's performance on covid. It's way to politically charged to be useful (although you could probably say that about any of the discussions in this forum). I just wanted to point out that the stats you posted did not support your contention that Biden's numbers are worse than Trump's. For the record, I've generally given all political leaders wide leeway in their response because this was a pretty unprecedented situation. Nobody knew the right course of action and me least of all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just posted the numbers earlier.  Only 60% of Independents are vaccinated.  You keep trying to paint this as a Trump supporter thing but Independents voted mostly with Biden.  The reality is people don't want to put something in their bodies without long-term safety studies.  
Political party aside, what I feel is happening is the same people who don't want any or many covid protocols in place also seem to be similar to the ones who are using these #s to place blame on Biden.    I would guess vax/unvax is probably the highest predictable indicator as far as these deaths go this year, right?   Just seems odd if the vaccination is readily available to not start with placing the blame on people who can but won't take it.  

"Trump supporter" is literally the single most predictive data point to discern whether a person is vaccinated.  That doesn't mean only Trump supporters are unvaccinated, but they are, by far, the highest percentage of unvaxxed.

Didn't Trump get around 40% of the independent votes? 

Users who are viewing this thread