What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Mirror (1 Viewer)

I liked the first episode but didn't care for the second one. I hope the third lives up to the hype in this thread.

Finished watching these this weekend. Really enjoyed all episodes. particularly liked Entire History Of You.

Black Mirror is not a happy show. It is very good, But other than the absurdity of Ep 1, I haven't laughed

Episode 1 of Season 1 was absurd and funny because of the kidnappers demand. But when they got down to it, it was sad and pathetic.

Episode 2 is just depressing

Episode 3 (The Entire History of You) is a standard jealous husband/hot wife/ mysterious stranger triangle, but having to watch it over and over, damn. Makes me glad i am not in a relationship.

I've watched the first 4 so far and they're all decent, not great. There's not much else on so I'll finish it out and check out the Christmas one.

Season 1

Episode one "The National Anthem " - Grade : B
Very interesting start to the series. A little tongue in cheek but very cool commentary on what our society has become with regards to fixating on trainwrecks, groupthink/mob mentality of social media, and it's impact (for the worse) on politics/society.

Episode two "Fifteen Million Merits" - Grade : A
Again, very out there, but not too unrealistic a notion of the masses grinding away, captivated by the entertainment industry. As a marketing guy, the full screen cells/rooms with forced consumption was pretty interesting and semi-plausible as well

Damn.

Season 2 episode 2 starts shoddy but finishes strong.

####### LOVE this series so far... Brilliant really.

Really liked the Christmas special, better than any of the episodes imo.

Just finished White Bear. It's the only one I'll have to watch again. Probably my favorite of the series beside the special.

Not looking forward to The Waldo Moment judging by the review here.

Worth getting Netflix for this? I keep hearing its great.
Eh, it's pretty good, but there's only six episodes. Maybe if it was a couple full seasons worth of content.
Available ondemand if you have directv. Personally, I don't think it's worth getting Netflix just for it.
Tend to agree here. If Netflix had a 1 week free trial you could easily knock it out. Or borrowing a GB's Netflix login and watch them over a weekend would work too.

On a let down since Waldo episode was stupid and can't find Christmas ep which looks to be top reviewed of the 7 per imdb.

Just finished Waldo Moment and it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. The worst out of the series but not horrible.

ranking:

White Bear

The National Anthem

Entire History of You

Be Right Back

Fifteen Million Merits

Waldo Moment

Good series but not great.

(HULK) said:
Ive enjoyed the whole series and believe it's worth watching, but not enough to get Netflix for.

However i highly recommend getting Netflix because it's awesome. Oh, and as far as "Series Good Enough To Get Netflix For", there's Arrested Development, House of cards, Archer, Breaking Bad, more.

For anyone looking for the Xmas special, try this video site called "YouTube". The kids rave about it.

Just watched "WhiteBear:, that was messed up.

I want to know how many times they have done this to that woman. Yes, I know that this woman and her fiance had done a monstrous act, but they have put her through with this at least 18 times. My thought is they have done it to her longer..a lot longer.

And at what point do people tire of it?

Does it always happen as planned?
I do have a lot of questions, but it is the best one I have seen so far. Only the Waldo episode and hopefully can find the Xmas one soon.

White bear-

I don't think the punished woman was the point. Her memory is always wiped so that the "punishment" has no lasting effect except that it's taking years off her life that she won't remember, like sleeping through your prison sentance. Not the worst thing ever.

I thought it was an exaggeration on how we like to see a guilty person get punished (People's Court, Court TV, etc). Another angle on the media desensitizing us, except it was vague because the set was a memorial/tourist attraction instead of the more logical imo TV set with live viewer audience.

Ive enjoyed the whole series and believe it's worth watching, but not enough to get Netflix for.However i highly recommend getting Netflix because it's awesome. Oh, and as far as "Series Good Enough To Get Netflix For", there's Arrested Development, House of cards, Archer, Breaking Bad, more.

For anyone looking for the Xmas special, try this video site called "YouTube". The kids rave about it.
Youtubed Xmas episode. :thumbsup:

Ive enjoyed the whole series and believe it's worth watching, but not enough to get Netflix for.

However i highly recommend getting Netflix because it's awesome. Oh, and as far as "Series Good Enough To Get Netflix For", there's Arrested Development, House of cards, Archer, Breaking Bad, more.

Black mirrorOrange is the new black

Went worth

House of cards

Lillehammer

The fall

Broad church

Happy valley

Spiral

Are all worth getting Netflix for....

White Bear:

Does it always happen as planned?
I think we should be able to lose spoilers by now. *SPOILERS*

Definitely didn't always happen as planned. Remember when the other chick threatened to tazer her if she picked up the phone. It's a small tour so I bet there would be a long list to get in on it. A couple of TV seasons worth at least.

Got AppleTV and Netflix this week so finally caught this show, only watched the first episode but liked it a lot. Felt bad for the PM though, heck even felt bad for the pig.

For fans of Black Mirror, there's another British anthology show 'Inside No. 9' that's good.

Personally, I didn't like the first episode "Sardines" and would recommend saving it for last. Nice twist at the end but I don't really like this style of uncomfortable British humor, at least not 30 minutes straight of it.

Got AppleTV and Netflix this week so finally caught this show, only watched the first episode but liked it a lot. Felt bad for the PM though, heck even felt bad for the pig.
It gets better and better. Than worse. Then better again.

The whole first season is amazing. The second is mostly great. Haven't seen the holiday episode yet, its not on Netflix, but Jon Hamm is in it - I've heard its really good.

Really wish there was a serial pulpy sci-fi show on tv nowadays. Its a shame it seems like they are a dead genre outside of black mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:
My rankings:

White Bear

National Anthem

The Entire History of You
Holiday Special (not going to say why I have this ranked this low right now, it was good)

Be Right Back

The Waldo Moment

15 Million Merits

Just watched the first three episodes. The Entire History of You reminded me a bit of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. That episode in particular felt so realistic and genuine, like I could definitely see things playing out in real life exactly like that.

Thought it was an interesting detail when they were having mundane married person sex that they were both redoing a more torrid session from earlier in their relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread