What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Mirror (1 Viewer)

I think the show is good, not great, because the misses drag the show down a peg. There were a few meh episodes. My wife likes it even less than I do and I'm trying to drag her through the new season. San Junipero was ok but Shut Up and Dance made up for it. I think I check out Nosedive and then Playtest. The last two, Hated in the Nation and Men Against Fire, seem to get the least praise on lists I've seen.

I think the show is good, not great, because the misses drag the show down a peg. There were a few meh episodes. My wife likes it even less than I do and I'm trying to drag her through the new season. San Junipero was ok but Shut Up and Dance made up for it. I think I check out Nosedive and then Playtest. The last two, Hated in the Nation and Men Against Fire, seem to get the least praise on lists I've seen.
Hated in the Nation is a must watch.

Finished season one and really enjoying it. Most posts in here are accurate - have to limit to one episode a night. Two maximum. I only checked my phone once during the third episode, so it was very good. 

Re:  Shut Up and Dance:

I realize that I must be a completely passive movie/tv viewer, because I didn't figure out what the victims all had in common until the very end when the kid got the call from his mother.  Looking back, it should have been obvious.  I mean the guy in the woods comes right out and says it!

I've only watched the first three episodes of Season 3.  The first two were just okay for me.  I didn't enjoy Playtest as much as most, though I did think Zook from 22 Jump Street was hilarious.

I realize that I must be a completely passive movie/tv viewer, because I didn't figure out what the victims all had in common until the very end when the kid got the call from his mother.  Looking back, it should have been obvious.  I mean the guy in the woods comes right out and says it!

I've only watched the first three episodes of Season 3.  The first two were just okay for me.  I didn't enjoy Playtest as much as most, though I did think Zook from 22 Jump Street was hilarious.
Just watched Playtest and it seemed pretty obvious to me and a meh episode IMO.  You're not alone

People selling this as a modern Twilight Zone are doing the show a tremendous disservice IMHO.  TZ was all about the twist that shifts your perception of what you saw before.  It was quick, intriguing and fun.  BM is a show about futurology, the dehumanizing impacts of tech and the possibilities of the future.  If you watch it, looking for the twist, as one might tend to do with TZ, you'll miss 95% of what they are trying to say.

So, what do you think - would Trump #### a pig on live TV to save Ivanka?  Tiffany?  Melania?

Probably for Ivanka - but those other two could be in trouble...

Just finished all of them....not bad. The British/Irish accents get annoying at times (I had hard understanding the Irish detective in Hated Nation) but overall, it was a pretty good series. I really like how each show is a different plot with different actors. There's no need to keep track of every episode in order.

Started a week ago, I'm up to S3E2, just watched 15 Million Credits again with Mrs. McG and she agreed that dude put in one of the best performances we've ever seen. I'm glad I watched it again, caught all kinds of little clues and easter eggs. This show is phenomenal.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/745219/black-mirror-netflix-season-4-release-date-cast-latest-news-rumours

What will happen in Black Mirror season 4? (due by end of 2017)
(VERY vague synopsis of the 6 episodes within, but put in spoiler tags just in case)

Like previous runs, season four contains six stand-alone episodes, with each tackling a different genre.

Episode one, Crocodile, is a “beautiful, more personal study”, producer Annabel Jones told The Independent.

“It’s a film set in the near future where your memories are no longer private so they can be dredged – sometimes in helpful ways,” she explained.

Unlike fan-favourite The Entire History of You (season one), the memories in Crocodile can’t be relied on.

Jodie Foster directs episode two, Arkangel, which explores the concept of helicopter parenting.

“It follows a mother who has a young daughter and faces that perennial question of how to look after a child in an increasingly technical world,” Jones said.

Episode three, Hang the DJ, has “quite a lot of sex” and tackles online dating.

It is followed by USS Callister, a “space opera” which promises to be Black Mirror’s most lavish production yet.

“There are obviously more unsettling, poignant and slightly more melancholic moments, but at the same time, it is a romp,” Jones said.

Episode five, Metalhead, is Black Mirror’s first-ever black and white film. Little else is known about the episode.

The season finale, Black Museum, is an anthology within the anthology.

Like White Christmas, it features three separate stories, and is a “a portmanteau-type thing”.

Jones teased: “It’s absolutely full of ideas that whip along and before you know it you’re at the end of a 90-minute film and you’re like, ‘Oh my God, can you please stop? This is horrendous – stop throwing me these things!”  

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think they all had it in common, only the two that had to fight to the death.  The crimes of the other two were racism and soliciting prostitution. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they all had it in common, only the two that had to fight to the death.  The crimes of the other two were racism and soliciting prostitution. 
I think he means they all had in common that they were being extorted by the same guy

shuke said:
Only through first 3 episodes of season 3 but they were all incredible.  

Nosedive, while not my favorite of the series so far, is probably the most foreboding.
Yep... Many of these episodes have you thinking "damn... that #### could kinda happen, too"..... that one, exceptionally so. "Social currency" is definitely a thing already. 

First episode of season 4 is a fun trip. Not perfect by any means but a very cool homage to a familiar series, and another one that comes up unexpectedly in the form of a cameo.

Saw SS Callister and Archangel.  B+s to both from my first run through them.  I normally don't like watching multiple episodes in the same day because this show imo should be digested at a slower pace than other shows that don't present such fascinating ethical perspectives, but I was fiending.

Please put spoiler tags in your post if you are going to give away important plot points.  Thanks!

Saw SS Callister and Archangel.  B+s to both from my first run through them.  I normally don't like watching multiple episodes in the same day because this show imo should be digested at a slower pace than other shows that don't present such fascinating ethical perspectives, but I was fiending.

Please put spoiler tags in your post if you are going to give away important plot points.  Thanks!
This. 

Currently hooked hard on Mr Robot S1, but dying to watch Black Mirror S4. Enjoying following the reception. Spoilers for sure. 

Also agreed BM can’t/shouldn’t be binged. The GF and I have had to take a break from TV at times after a particularly “heavy” or unsettling episode of BM. They’re not all home runs, but there are some historically great episodes in this series.

The one with Bronn was disturbing. 
Haven’t watched one since but we’re nearly ready to re-engage. The one where the dude had the experience in the house in his mind also caused a pause in watching until we felt like doing it again.  Need periods of ‘Its Always Sunny’ to normalize. 

Haven’t watched one since but we’re nearly ready to re-engage. The one where the dude had the experience in the house in his mind also caused a pause in watching until we felt like doing it again.  Need periods of ‘Its Always Sunny’ to normalize. 
I am not sure if I feel bad for you that a show can cause that sort of feeling for you.................or if I am jealous.

A Prime Minister riding a pig - this series gets better, right?
My least favorite one.  They imo are all better than that.  The one I tell people to watch first is White Christmas.  It's a movie length episode and is outstanding.

Other favorites:

Entire History of You

White Bear

Nosedive

San Junipero

Men Against Fire (although this concept episode's theme has been explored already, I think Black Mirror did it best)

I really enjoyed all the S4s so far as well.

My least favorite one.  They imo are all better than that.  The one I tell people to watch first is White Christmas.  It's a movie length episode and is outstanding.

Other favorites:

Entire History of You

White Bear

Nosedive

San Junipero

Men Against Fire (although this concept episode's theme has been explored already, I think Black Mirror did it best)

I really enjoyed all the S4s so far as well.
Ok, I'll jump around in order.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread