What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Mirror (1 Viewer)

Nonsense.

the episode makes no sense otherwise.  Why would you send anyone out with all of those badass indestructible mechanical homicidal dogs around to get a teddy bear?  She clearly had a leadership position or close proximity to leadership, as well as skills- an asset not to be used lightly.

We finally watched them all.  I loved every episode.  They were all As or B+s to me.  People say Metalhead didn't fit into the overall theme of the series, but I think it does.  I don't need the backstory.  I can take the story right were it is at face value.  The end was a weird twist for me that the Vox review of that episode really fleshes out better than I could.

I also disagree with a few folks here on their view of Archangel, but I don't know how to do spoilers, so I'll just shutup.  It would be cool if we had a test forum to figure out how to do spoiler tags.

I don't know how to do spoilers, so I'll just shutup.  It would be cool if we had a test forum to figure out how to do spoiler tags.
Type the word "spoiler" between [  ].  Write your text. Type "/spoiler" between [ ].   No " or spaces.

watched the first 2 episodes last night after several rum and cokes

WTF was that?

Interesting, but still WTF

I liked Crocodile quite a bit, but I sense that my affinity stems more from the cinematography and the acting performances than from the story itself, which I found a bit derivative and unoriginal.  I was continually wowed by the external shots of the remote winterscape, and both the lead actress and the insurance investigator gave extremely compelling performances.

I liked Crocodile quite a bit, but I sense that my affinity stems more from the cinematography and the acting performances than from the story itself, which I found a bit derivative and unoriginal.  I was continually wowed by the external shots of the remote winterscape, and both the lead actress and the insurance investigator gave extremely compelling performances.
I just couldn't get over the idea that some frail lady was going to accomplish all of that.

With the creator explanation of the end on the previous page, Metalhead is officially the worst of the season for me.  Black Museum was the best.  I don't think anything cracked my top 5 of: White Christmas, Shut up and Dance, White Bear, The Entire History of You, and Hated in the Nation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dedfin said:
Found on reddit, Black Mirror viewing guide.  I don't share all the opinions, but it's pretty good.

https://i.imgur.com/QjKoxlX.jpg
white bear and 

shut up and dance  have been my favorites.

black museum was too obvious.   the nosedive one was stupid

some of them i've missed, i'll have to go back and watch some of the 1st and 2nd season ones.

Agree with your take. Leading actress was very good. I enjoyed it.

Not crazy about season 4. I thought the USS Callister episode was pretty average when I first watched it but so far its the best of the season. I'm only 3 episodes in however. Hopefully one of the last 3 is better.

Enjoyed Hang the DJ.  Not great but enjoyed it.

This season is not the best but certainly not disappointing either. 

What bugged me about the USS Calister episode was that the cloning somehow also cloned their memories and personalities.  A DNA clone wouldn’t do that. 

watched the first 3 episodes.  does it continue with the unconnected themes in future seasons?  pretty good.

I enjoyed metalhead quite a bit.

Anyone able to explain what she was doing when in the tree doing the countdown an throwing things at it?

Wildcat said:
What bugged me about the USS Calister episode was that the cloning somehow also cloned their memories and personalities.  A DNA clone wouldn’t do that. 
Not saying this says you are wrong, and it's just one paper, but

http://jeb.biologists.org/content/216/20/3799.short

tl;dr: planaria can retain memory despite being decapitated and regenerating a new head.

This suggests that we still don't know everything about how memory works, and it's not necessarily just in the brain.

So if the same universe...wonder if San Junipero is directly resultant to USS McAllister?

Like someone found the guy in his apartment...stuck in the box and it ultimately lead to Junipero's use of that tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filmed in Iceland.  I agree about the story.  Didn't like it, but it was well done.

Wildcat said:
Why didn’t he just say “end game” when he came back from the pause and then restart on the bridge?  If he had all of these powers, why was he unable to catch the ship or regain entry to it?

Why didn’t he just say “end game” when he came back from the pause and then restart on the bridge?  If he had all of these powers, why was he unable to catch the ship or regain entry to it?
Why would his system get updated when it wasn't connected to the network?

A genius coder would create a system that he can't get out of?

I really think it would've been better had they swapped out the temple connect piece with one that was hacked...thus eliminating his ability to get out of the system.

After a few days of being stuck in there...he'll die of dehydration.

Users who are viewing this thread