What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blake Bortles - Official Thread (2 Viewers)

Thinking about cutting tannehill for bortles. Miami seems like team turmoil. I have Wilson too. I'm already playing bortles over stafford in another league

I was definitely one who thought the Jags should've taken Mack at 1.03, and while that would've been a solid pick too, Bortles is looking good so far this season. Rooting for him, it'd be nice to see JAX finally turn things around. :thumbup:

Yes, his fantasy numbers are good this season, but...

,,,can he continue to be a starting QB in the NFL with his scary bad completion percentage?

,,,can he continue to be a starting QB in the NFL with his scary bad completion percentage?
1.5% lower than Luck.
Yes, but Luck has shown that he is capable of much, much better.

Bortles has not.
Compare their second seasons:

Luck: 60.2%, 23 TD, 9 INT, 377 yards rushing

Bortles (pro-rated): 54.5%, 24 TD, 12 INT, 364 yards rushing

Thank you.

I'm kinda hoping some here will convince me to keep him. lol.

He just seems to miss his receivers by a mile way too often.

Thank you.

I'm kinda hoping some here will convince me to keep him. lol.

He just seems to miss his receivers by a mile way too often.
I'm not saying he's in Luck's neighborhood, but it's simply too early to tell.

1.5% lower than Luck.
Yes, but Luck has shown that he is capable of much, much better.

Bortles has not.

Not sure if the stats mean anything, but Luck was as pro ready as they come out of college and Bortles was a project. He's not there yet but showing some promise which is encourgaging.

Denard Robinson will help too when he returns

Greene looked good before he got hurt.

This might be quite the offense in 2016.

Doctor Detroit said:
He'll be a forgotten man before he's someone you can count on weekly for FF like Wilson/Ryan.
This is going to get bumped weekly until the end of time.
This is the part where you hang yourself.
Wow, wat?
He NFL blows. If Jac is just going to rack up yards vs prevent defense then I'm not fighting it. If this is a league where he and McCown outperform my 1st round picks of Rodger/Luck then I'm the idiot. Definitely sell

Doctor Detroit said:
He'll be a forgotten man before he's someone you can count on weekly for FF like Wilson/Ryan.
Wow, wat?
He NFL blows. If Jac is just going to rack up yards vs prevent defense then I'm not fighting it. If this is a league where he and McCown outperform my 1st round picks of Rodger/Luck then I'm the idiot. Definitely sell
This is a fantasy football board, Corky. Just try admitting you were wrong and we can move on like adults.

Doctor Detroit said:
Wow, wat?
This is a fantasy football board, Corky. Just try admitting you were wrong and we can move on like adults.
Temporarily

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet#Jaguars coach Gus Bradley tells reporters QB Blake Bortles has a grade 1 AC joint sprain that he played through.

12:02 PM - 12 Oct 2015
is that bad? is grade 1 minor?
Grade 1 is the least severe, so yes, it's minor.

From NFL.com:

Bortles' status will be updated throughout the week. Coach Gus Bradley said he doesn't expect the injury to be too serious, but cautioned not to be alarmed if the quarterback doesn't practice on Wednesday.

As for the rest of the week's practices, Bradley said, "right now, I think he'll be in good shape."
From sportsinjuryclinic.net:

Grade 1 is a simple sprain to the AC joint with minor damage to the ligament and no separation of bones.Immediate first aid for any AC joint injury is rest and apply ice orcold therapy. Immobilize the shoulder in a sling to ease pain by taking the weight of the arm...A doctor may prescribe Anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofenmedication to reduce pain and inflammation and advise on AC joint sepration exercises.

Doctor Detroit said:
Wow, wat?
Guess you don't know this guy. Admitting he's wrong just isn't an option in his mind.

Bortles has been a pleasant surprise this year though. Still sitting on some waivers and is QB7 right now in my league.

Guess you don't know this guy. Admitting he's wrong just isn't an option in his mind.

Bortles has been a pleasant surprise this year though. Still sitting on some waivers and is QB7 right now in my league.
Yup, I just picked him up off waivers after trading away Eli in a package deal. Pleasantly surprised by both he and Dalton.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet#Jaguars coach Gus Bradley tells reporters QB Blake Bortles has a grade 1 AC joint sprain that he played through.

12:02 PM - 12 Oct 2015
is that bad? is grade 1 minor?
Grade 1 is the least severe, so yes, it's minor.

From NFL.com:

Bortles' status will be updated throughout the week. Coach Gus Bradley said he doesn't expect the injury to be too serious, but cautioned not to be alarmed if the quarterback doesn't practice on Wednesday.

As for the rest of the week's practices, Bradley said, "right now, I think he'll be in good shape."
From sportsinjuryclinic.net:

Grade 1 is a simple sprain to the AC joint with minor damage to the ligament and no separation of bones.Immediate first aid for any AC joint injury is rest and apply ice orcold therapy. Immobilize the shoulder in a sling to ease pain by taking the weight of the arm...A doctor may prescribe Anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofenmedication to reduce pain and inflammation and advise on AC joint sepration exercises.
Read a Florida Times Union piece which quoted an orthopedic surgeon saying he'll be tender but should be able to recover quickly from this. Depends on how he responds to treatment but he should play this weekend.

Probably starting him over Drew Brees. Bottom line is he has a lot more weapons than most QBs and hasnt been as mistake prone.

Wow, wat?
Guess you don't know this guy. Admitting he's wrong just isn't an option in his mind. Bortles has been a pleasant surprise this year though. Still sitting on some waivers and is QB7 right now in my league.
Glad to see you could join us. Pick 6 to seal it. That was quick. I will admit I was wrong about him piling up numbers vs prevent defenses every week when the Jags are down 20 like he just may do now. We'll see how long that last though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Points are points.

...but in dynasty I'd take Winston over Bortles. In a re-draft for '15, it's closer but I'd probably do the same.

Bortles simply getting it done from a fantasy perspective -- 7th QB in my league's point system going into this week, and with likely be ranked even higher coming out of it.

Points are points.

...but in dynasty I'd take Winston over Bortles. In a re-draft for '15, it's closer but I'd probably do the same.
Both are inaccurate.

Both have good receivers.

Bortles can run. Winston cannot.

Bortles can read, write, and speak English. Winston cannot.

I'll take Bortles.

Acquired him in a trade this week. Starting him over FitzMagic this week because of the risk Fitz gets hit on his left hand and he has to leave the game again.

He gets BAL in Week 10 and his playoff schedule looks juicy right now.

Finally, JAC allows 30 points per game, which tends to dictate a lot of pass attempts.

Jack White said:
Acquired him in a trade this week. Starting him over FitzMagic this week because of the risk Fitz gets hit on his left hand and he has to leave the game again.

He gets BAL in Week 10 and his playoff schedule looks juicy right now.

Finally, JAC allows 30 points per game, which tends to dictate a lot of pass attempts.
Sound logic. My only problem is that the Jets are so banged up right now that I'm not sure they are capable of putting up a lot of points, so I'm not sure Jax will be forced into the air as much. Trying to decide if I want to start Hurns this week.

Users who are viewing this thread