What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blake Bortles - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Got him for free back in mid-September by dropping Flacco. At the time I figured he might start 1-2 times. This week will the third time using him & I might roll with him ROS. Great volume, two good WRs, good young RB, fat ### TE with good hands. If these guys ever get a coach lookout. Jags could get good quick with this foundation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redraft. Hurns was fairly even with a couple other flex guys I had on the bench so it was worth it for upgrade in qb

Last edited by a moderator:
Got him for free back in mid-September by dropping Flacco. At the time I figured he might start 1-2 times. This week will the third time using him & I might roll with him ROS. Great volume, two good WRs, good young RB, fat ### TE with good hands. If these guys ever get a coach lookout. Jags could get good quick with this foundation.
Hey Bobby, we had some good discussion a week or so back on Tyrod Taylor vs Blake Bortles rest of season.

Which I do still think Bortles will be the better play rest of season.

After our discussion, in week 10 Tyrod put up 13.52 points in our leagues, and he was in full fledged game manager mode. I see this as happening here and there with Tyrod, he seems to be a slightly more efficient game manager in real life, whereas Bortles is more of a loose cannon, slinger type.

In that week Bortles put up 20.02 in an "easier" Baltimore matchup.

Anyhow, the reason I bring this up, is I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight....did you happen to see it?

I can only go on the box score and some random articles and notes I could drum up earlier.

I'm thinking we might have seen a bit of the "Bad Bortles"......?

In my one league he put up a sleepy 12.58 , and this week should most certainly be a better week for Tyrod vs NE.

I did read that he had a fumble attributed to him, that shouldn't have been ruled a fumble, but what can you do. (thats only 2 points in my league, so it still wouldn't have been a good night)

If anyone goes onto Yahoo and looks up the boxscore, there is a nice post game interview with Blake Bortles and the NFL network announcers, Deion, Nate Burleson etc.

At one point, Deion asked Bortles point blank "What do you need, what do you need....whats the one other component you need to get you to the next level other than besides the obvious running game??"

Bortles never hesitated at all and said sharply "I gotta quit throwing picks".

He also said he thinks "we can win the division". :excited:

They made sure to point out that they have won two games in a row, which must be a big thing for the Jags. (sometimes I do forget this is the JAGUARS )

I do have a site online I frequent that posts a fair bit of the NFL games and I can stream them, often 24 hours later.

But for some reason, the Jaguars games are never posted. :rant:

From the scant few highlights I dug up online, Allen Robinson looked really good, but we need Bortles to step it up a notch for the fantasy playoffs.

TZM

Hey Bobby, we had some good discussion a week or so back on Tyrod Taylor vs Blake Bortles rest of season.

After our discussion, in week 10 Tyrod put up 13.52 points in our leagues, and he was in full fledged game manager mode. I see this as happening here and there with Tyrod, he seems to be a slightly more efficient game manager in real life, whereas Bortles is more of a loose cannon, slinger type.

Anyhow, the reason I bring this up, is I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight....did you happen to see it?

I can only go on the box score and some random articles and notes I could drum up earlier.

In my one league he put up a sleepy 12.58 , and this week should most certainly be a better week for Tyrod vs NE.

I did read that he had a fumble attributed to him, that shouldn't have been ruled a fumble, but what can you do. (thats only 2 points in my league, so it still wouldn't have been a good night)

If anyone goes onto Yahoo and looks up the boxscore, there is a nice post game interview with Blake Bortles and the NFL network announcers, Deion, Nate Burleson etc.

At one point, Deion asked Bortles point blank "What do you need, what do you need....whats the one other component you need to get you to the next level other than besides the obvious running game??"

They made sure to point out that they have won two games in a row, which must be a big thing for the Jags. (sometimes I do forget this is the JAGUARS )

I do have a site online I frequent that posts a fair bit of the NFL games and I can stream them, often 24 hours later.

From the scant few highlights I dug up online, Allen Robinson looked really good, but we need Bortles to step it up a notch for the fantasy playoffs.

TZM
From the number of Tyrod owners in this thread & the number of Blake owners in the TMobile thread, think we're not alone. ARob had a good game but I feel like I probably chose poorly at QB this week. But probably not fatal - I've got a lot strength elsewhere.

I don't know what to think about last nights win. Disappointing from a FF perspective, sloppy & a bit lucky - Greene's punt return saved the day - but 4-6 teams will take anything they can get. Defense played very well; Titans didn't have a single snap in the RZ.

Hurns is as tough as anyone in the league but he was not himself. Same thing for Yeldon. Head scratcher they ran Denard three times in a row. Fat Julius was a clear mismatch they could have exploited more.

Gus is to me the typical play-not-to-lose NFL coach. 4th and inches he chose FG over going for the win. Worked out but I thought it was the wrong call,

I'm a little invested in both the Bills & the Jags beyond FF. They're not making a deep run but getting to the playoffs would be huge for their franchises. Buffalo is in the middle of 5/6 on the road, Jax has to leapfrog two teams with better divisional records.

FF wise, I'm just happy I have 6 solid starters. I need a 12-15 point floor from QB, I can win most weeks if they don't kill me. Don't feel very confident in either after the last two TNF games but it beats trying to stream with what's on the WW ATM.

TZM
Only saw first half but Bortles while far from perfect overall looked pretty decent. Made a few nice throws. Didn't have a lot of time on a number of plays which is what kept him from going to his receivers - at least in the first half anyway.

I thought Bortles actually looked very good last night. The fumble probably shouldn't have been a fumble as it happened when he had already been pushed back 2 yards, and the INT was just a bad, late throw. It happens. But he squeezed some great throws into some tight windows and showed off one hell of an arm on downfield passes.

He was a victim of awful, AWFUL play calling or it could've been another 2 or 3 TD game pretty easily. 3 straight runs into the line from around the 5 yard line when you have Robinson, Hurns, Lewis, and Thomas to throw to in the red zone? The TD to Thomas came on a first down play from inside the 10... if they had tried that approach instead of run, run, run or run, run, pass, his night would've been much better and they likely would've had another TD or two instead of 3 field goals.

We've landed on the moon!
If the moon looks like that, I'm going.

We've landed on the moon!
If the moon looks like that, I'm going.
Her IG feed was legendary.

Now private.

:kicksrock:

Don't worry boys.................

Blake Bortles in the coming next few years as this offense progresses and becomes a more competitive team, he will have another 20 just like her, if not better.

In life, when you have money and fame in excess, you get women in excess.

TZM

No I benched him in both my leagues for cam and Brady but I'm gonna have a heck of a decision week 16 vs New Orleans.

My slogan posted on my team page the last few weeks:

Quarterbacks?! We don't need no stinkin' quarterbacks!

Bortles & Taylor, #1 seed locked up

ShaHBucks, on 05 Nov 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:
He's as bad as Gabbert and Geno. He should have had like 3-4 INTs this game if they weren't dropped. He has no feel for the position. Another flameout...

He should have had a pass or two intercepted today. That one right in Griffin's hands and I thought there was another.

He made a couple dopey passes.

He looked excellent overall though.

This year Carr Mariota Winston and Bortles all look special but they have had cake schedules since they joined previous losing teams. I don't really care. I mean my mindset was "show me something" it wasn't about success.

Don't you think that's how it goes though? Do well against lesser teams, then even better and better teams?

Every offseason is more for them to sorta drink in and learn from.

Mariota does not have excellent WRs but the others do. Bright bright future ahead of em'

He's as bad as Gabbert and Geno. He should have had like 3-4 INTs this game if they weren't dropped. He has no feel for the position. Another flameout...
That was one out of about 100 posts bashing Bortles - all w/ the same amount of self assurance.

That was one out of about 100 posts bashing Bortles - all w/ the same amount of self assurance.
Yep.

Bortles still makes mistakes, not unlike other young QBs asked to carry their teams. But the kid has elite talent. As said earlier, ShaHBucks and some others must've either been blindly hating on him or just clueless.

Yep.Bortles still makes mistakes, not unlike other young QBs asked to carry their teams. But the kid has elite talent. As said earlier, ShaHBucks and some others must've either been blindly hating on him or just clueless.
Those would be the ones calling him "human garbage" and "the worst quarterback I've ever seen".

I don't think Bortles will become an average NFL passer, which Cam has been for the most part of his career. He'll be forgotten by then :lol:
This post won't be forgotten, that's for sure.
Ehh you got it buddy. Not worth the time.
Yeah but it was worth your time to post around 80 Bortles-hating posts in this thread.Well played, genius.
Glad you understand

I don't think Bortles will become an average NFL passer, which Cam has been for the most part of his career. He'll be forgotten by then :lol:
Yeah but it was worth your time to post around 80 Bortles-hating posts in this thread.Well played, genius.
He's the first person to quote posts and brag when he's right, and drop off the planet when he's wrong. Don't expect him to eat any crow, he's proven his lack of knowledge and ignorance in many threads around here.

The next INT Bortles throws he'll be back, don't worry.

The dooshery is strong with ShaHBucks.

Think I'll start Jameis over him.

Disclaimer: Opponent looks to be starting Vincent Jackson and Austin Sefarian Jenkins.

I've also left 3 consecutive 5 TD performances on my bench with Jameis, Stafford, and now Bortles all riding pine so my advice should be ignored.

Might get roasted for this, but Bortles is not that far off from Luck in his second year.
I own both of them and was looking at this earlier today too.

Luck 2014 - 380-616 (62%), 4761 yards (7.73 YPA), 40 TDs, plus 64-263-3 rushing, 22 total turnovers

If Bortles averages his same per game figures over the last 4 games, he'll end up at:

Bortles 2015 - 362-628 (58%), 4,365 yards (6.95 YPA), 36 TDs, plus 52-325-0 rushing, 20 total turnovers

People can draw their own conclusions based strictly on numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread