What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blind Bidding System for FA's (1 Viewer)

offdee

Footballguy
My league wants to go to a Blind Bidding system on Free Agents.The website we use to host the league (will remain nameless to not go into the best site debate) has a Blind Bidding system installed but if there is a tie for highest bidder the player goes to whoever submitted that bid first.To me that doesn't seem right to award the player to whoever got to the computer first...but, we'd rather it go to the team with the worse record at the time if there is a tie high bid.So, does anybody have any solutions as to how to do our own Blind Bidding system? The first thought is to just setup a separate e-mail account somewhere and all e-mail in bids and just check them all at once at the deadline each week. But, I'm the Commish and also own my own team so I'd rather not be put into the position of people questioning if I sneaked a peak at the bids everytime I was awarded a player.Any solutions that anybody can think of?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a league site where commishes can lock themselves out of being able to view other owners' bids, waivers, etc while being able to let the site completely manage blind bid processing including tie-breakers.I'd mention the site, but it would only start a site pissing contest.*cough*mfl.com*cough*

Why not switch to a new site that can handle your needs?Or, tell your hosting site what you want them to do and see if they will be able to change their system for you.In one league, we emailed our BB requests to a hotmail account. Commish would check it Thursday, post the results and open FCFS. We all trusted him and had no reason to believe he would 'sneak a peek'.

There is a league site where commishes can lock themselves out of being able to view other owners' bids, waivers, etc while being able to let the site completely manage blind bid processing including tie-breakers.

I'd mention the site, but it would only start a site pissing contest.

*cough*mfl.com*cough*
I know there are probably sites out there that can accomodate what we're looking to do, but we're very happy with the site we use and aren't interested in changing. So, please lets try to keep the site namedropping out of this discussion if at all possible.We need to figure out a solution outside of our site parameters.

Why not switch to a new site that can handle your needs?

Or, tell your hosting site what you want them to do and see if they will be able to change their system for you.

In one league, we emailed our BB requests to a hotmail account. Commish would check it Thursday, post the results and open FCFS. We all trusted him and had no reason to believe he would 'sneak a peek'.
As have already mentioned, not interested in changing sites....we've been using this site for the past 5 years and are very happy with it.I did e-mail the Site to request that this feature be added...he responded saying that they would be happy to submit our suggestion to the head honcho who makes all final decisions to see if it is a feature that can be added for next year. Hopefully, they are able to add it and all of this would be a moot point....just preparing for how to handle it if it doesn't get added to the site.

All the guys trust me as well, and have said repeatedly that they'd have no problem or ever question me "sneaking a peak". It might come down to that if can't think of a better solution, but I'd rather not even take the chance of being questioned if I don't have to.

There is a league site where commishes can lock themselves out of being able to view other owners' bids, waivers, etc while being able to let the site completely manage blind bid processing including tie-breakers.

*cough*mfl.com*cough*
I know there are probably sites out there that can accomodate what we're looking to do, but we're very happy with the site we use and aren't interested in changing. So, please lets try to keep the site namedropping out of this discussion if at all possible.We need to figure out a solution outside of our site parameters.
Why not ask the site owners to make changes that accomodate you? I find it hard to believe that they couldn't do it considering that it can be done, and that a lot of other leagues wouldn't be interested in using the feature.The other alternatives appear to involve others in the league being able to accuse you of sneaking peeks at bids (e-mail accounts, commish-processing, etc.) or involving a disinterested party (hard to do because there is no buy-in to the league by that person). Is there really a question of trust in your league?

*cough*mfl.com*cough*
There are a couple of things.. Do something like what has been suggested. Or, I developed a Blind Bidding Addon for Mfladdons last year, if the league that you use can export info (like rostered players, FA's etc.. I can probably convert it to work)

here is an older demo that basically gives a feel for the software. I have since added a login system per team, a box to show your total balance, email bid notifications, ability to view past bids etc... If something like this interests you, pm me and let me know your league software, i'll let you know if I can do anything with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

*cough*mfl.com*cough*
Why not ask the site owners to make changes that accomodate you? I find it hard to believe that they couldn't do it considering that it can be done, and that a lot of other leagues wouldn't be interested in using the feature.The other alternatives appear to involve others in the league being able to accuse you of sneaking peeks at bids (e-mail accounts, commish-processing, etc.) or involving a disinterested party (hard to do because there is no buy-in to the league by that person). Is there really a question of trust in your league?
No question of trust whatsoever...but, I'd rather not give the opportunity to open an area for someone to question it if I don't have to.As mentioned earlier...did request the add-on to our site, and they said they'd look into it. Just coming up with a plan B in case that doesn't go thru.

We had blind bidding this year in two of my leagues, and there was never a tie with any of the bids. If you're worried about tie bids, increase the cap for everybody. If all owner have $10,000 to spend on players, and must bid in increments of $1, you're less likely to have tie bids than if the cap is, for example, $100 per team.

Users who are viewing this thread