What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BO (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I started at my new job about 5 months ago.  And before I go any further, this is not a story about me and my BO, so temper your expectations accordingly.  On my first day, I entered the building into that small area of double doors that separates the outside from the inside.  It's kind of like the China Syndrome containment area.  Two sets of double doors.  As I entered that small area, I was smacked in the face by a powerful stench of BO.  That kind where you know that wasn't just someone forgetting deodorant that day.  It was someone who was angry at the world and wanted to punish people.  Not quite like on a terrorist level.  But maybe a step or two down that ladder.

As I was going in, someone was going out and my fear was they thought it was me.  I hoped I never saw them again.  And luckily, I haven't.  But now, 5 months later, that room still smells like BO.  And I have to wonder, "How is that possible?"  Does BO have a longer halflife than most radioactive elements?  Surely mixing with the air would dilute it somewhat, but no.  This stench persists like Day 1.  Which leads me to believe, what I smelled probably wasn't even Day 1.  

So we're talking half a year of powerful body odor smell.  I feel like scientists should be looking into this to come up with some kind of super weapon.  Not sure exactly what, but that staying power is something out of a comic book.  

Is it possible for a smell to last that long?  Or is there someone going in at the end of each day and rubbing the armpits of his or her shirt on the walls?  

Jerry: Boy, do you smell something?

Elaine: Do I smell something? What am I, hard of smelling? Of *course* I

smell something.

Jerry: What is it?

Elaine: I think it's B.O.!

Jerry: What?

Elaine: It's B.O. The *valet* must have had B.O.

Jerry: It *can't* be. Nobody has B.O. like this.

Elaine: Jerry. It's *B*.*O*.

Jerry: But the whole car smells.

Elaine: So?

Jerry: So when somebody has B.O., the "O" usually stays with the "B".

Once the "B" leaves, the "O" goes with it.

Jerry: Boy, do you smell something?

Elaine: Do I smell something? What am I, hard of smelling? Of *course* I

smell something.

Jerry: What is it?

Elaine: I think it's B.O.!

Jerry: What?

Elaine: It's B.O. The *valet* must have had B.O.

Jerry: It *can't* be. Nobody has B.O. like this.

Elaine: Jerry. It's *B*.*O*.

Jerry: But the whole car smells.

Elaine: So?

Jerry: So when somebody has B.O., the "O" usually stays with the "B".

Once the "B" leaves, the "O" goes with it.
The beast!!!

I get the work place*** isn't going to be ....OH BOY!....so I just deal with all the sucky things about it.  What really sucks is being unemployed.

*** actually only worked indoors for a little while. My big problem....fog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you take the place of a disgruntled employee?  I'm thinking they hid a wheel of Limburger cheese in the duct work before they left.   Pretty genius actually.

Everyone else thinks it's you, but they're too polite to ask you directly.  They talk about you when you're out.    Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a few conference rooms on the 1st floor that perpetually smell like BO.  I'll give you one guess what function is on the 1st floor...

FYI - I'm not answering if you're right or not...but I'm sure some of you have an idea based on what group, if you work for a larger corporation, often has issues with BO.

We have a few conference rooms on the 1st floor that perpetually smell like BO.  I'll give you one guess what function is on the 1st floor...

FYI - I'm not answering if you're right or not...but I'm sure some of you have an idea based on what group, if you work for a larger corporation, often has issues with BO.
Ritz throwing R&D department?

So... no one else seems to notice the BO. The BO apparently only appears when the OP walks in. I think the mystery is solved.

Probably mildew.  Replace the carpet.  And sleep with the boss's wife. 
Or sprinkle some carpet deodorizer on and vacuum it. Then throw a can of Febreze in the foyer. You’ll be considered a god, especially with the ladies if you’re not already. 

Users who are viewing this thread