What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bold Predictions for 2022 (1 Viewer)

1. The Texans have a winning record but do not make the playoffs.
2. Davis Mills finishes as a Top 12 QB.
3. Green Bay finishes 3rd in the NFC North.
4. Both Austin Ekeler and Derrick Henry finish outside the Top 15 RB.
5. Both CEH and Miles Sanders* finish inside the Top 15 RB (* or switch this name to Kenneth Gainwell to enhance the bold flavor of the prediction).
6. Kadarius Toney finishes Top 5 WR in points per game. He plays less than 10 full games.
7. Justin Jefferson is the WR1, but the top 3 are rounded out with CeeDee Lamb and DJ Moore.
8. There is not a Bengal WR in the Top 10 WRs.
9. Kyle Pitts outscores both Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill.
10. Christian Kirk is the #1 WR during playoff weeks 15-17.

That was exhausting.

Lions, Eagles, Fins, and Jags make the playoffs; Rams, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Bengals do not.

Edit to add: As ever, you are strongly urged to disregard all of my opinions.

Last edited:
1. AFCW: Broncos win division
2. AFCN: Burrow leads NFL in passing yards and TDs, takes Bengals back to Super Bowl
3. AFCE: Tyreek finishes season as #1 fantasy WR
4. AFCS: Henry rushes for more than 2105 yards in 16 games, finishes #2 fantasy RB
5. NFCW: Aiyuk finishes with more fantasy points than Deebo
6. NFCN: Lions win division, Sun God finishes top 5 fantasy WR
7. NFCE: Sam Howell throws more TDs than Wentz and Heinicke
8. NFCS: Baker Mayfield has more passing yards and TDs than Brady
9. Cowboys beat Cardinals in NFC Championship game
10. McPherson kicks a 67 yard field goal as time expires in Super Bowl LVII for the win

:lol:

team predictions:
1. Raiders win the AFC west
2. Lions get a WC and win a playoff game
3. Texans have a winning record.
4. Browns have a better record before Watson plays than after he’s back
5. Bills almost go undefeated, but lose on thanksgiving.
6. Philly makes it to the super bowl

Player
1. Derek Carr gets MVP consideration.
2. Austin Hooper is a top 5 FF TE
3. Trevor Lawrence reminds us why he was the easy #1 pick
Josh Allen MVP (this isn’t bold so not counting it)
4a. Malik Willis starts a few games and does enough to take over in 2023.
5.* Dan Campbell, CotY

Last edited:
Bold but possible:

1. Jags will win their division and one playoff game (still alive)
2. Patriots will finish last in their division
3. Mitch Trubisky will be a top 10 qb (ooof)
4. The Eagles will be in the Super Bowl ( a possibility)
5. The Panthers will finish ahead of The Bucs in their division
6. The Lions will beat Green Bay in the last game of the regular season and get a wildcard spot while knocking The Packers out of the playoffs (so close)
7. The Houston Texans will win 9 games (blech)
8. The Raiders will play The Bills in the AFC Championship game (Nope)
9. The Cowboys will lose 11 games ( you said BOLD)
10. Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson will both lose to their former teams( sooo close)

Last edited:
QB
Qb1 overall: Jalen Hurts
Surprise top 5 qb: Cousins

RB
RB1 overall: Saquon
Surprise top 5 RBs: Pierce, Conner

WR
WR1 overall: Michael Pittman
Surprise top 15 WR: Rashod Bateman, Elijah Moore

TE
TE1 overall: Schultz
Surprise top 5 Te: Njoku

ETA my boldest take: Jakobi Meyers will score a TD.
You are a year too late on a couple of these. Conner was a Top 5 RB last year . . . and Meyers' streak of not scoring a TD ended last season and he ended up scoring two TD.

QB
Qb1 overall: Jalen Hurts
Surprise top 5 qb: Cousins

RB
RB1 overall: Saquon
Surprise top 5 RBs: Pierce, Conner

WR
WR1 overall: Michael Pittman
Surprise top 15 WR: Rashod Bateman, Elijah Moore

TE
TE1 overall: Schultz
Surprise top 5 Te: Njoku

ETA my boldest take: Jakobi Meyers will score a TD.
You are a year too late on a couple of these. Conner was a Top 5 RB last year . . . and Meyers' streak of not scoring a TD ended last season and he ended up scoring two TD.
Fair enough. :hifive:

not really bold, but Javonta Smith is going to be a top 5 WR . total stud.

D. Pierce will rush for at least 1300 yards and double digit TDs.

Treylon Burks is going to destroy his ADP, he'll be the week 2 darling waiver wire add after going 8-125-2. go watch fantasy scout on youtube, in particular the video about Burks. dude was open on so many plays but that dopey QB Malik Willis can't read defenses. Burks was open on two deep balls and many more slant routes. Those passes are made by Tannehill. kid coulda had 6-126-2 at a minimum and we'd all consider him the de facto #1 rookie wr to select. but now he's just a 'project'. get him before week 1.

D. Schultz will finish outside the top 10 TEs because Tony Pollard is going to catch a LOT of balls. Don't take my word for it, Dak has recently said that the offense is going to use Pollard more than ever as a pass catching RB.
Michael Carter has more rushing yards, rec yards, TDs than Breece Hall

Rashad Penny stays healthy and finishes 2022 as the RB 7.

CMC, Henry, Zeke, Kamara - all out of the top 15 rbs
Mike Evans out of top 25 wr
Cinn 5 wins
Chi first overall pick, Texas 2nd
Fields doesn't have a chance... Oh wait that one's obvious

• Davis Mills will be a viable starter in 2QB leagues
  • Javonte Williams will still cede plenty of work to Melvin Gordon, thus greatly devaluing his current ADP
  • ...same thing with Rhamondre Stevenson and Damien Harris
  • Zack Moss gets traded to another team and becomes a decent flex play
  • James Robinson gets healthy and ruins all those Travis Etienne hopes for a huge workload
  • Jarvis Landry outperforms Chris Olave in fantasy points
  • Cordarrelle Patterson smashes his ADP
  • Isaiah Pacheco finishes the year with more fantasy points than CEH

1. Rham Stevenson leads league in rushing TDs
2. ETN becomes 4th player with 1000yds rush/rec in a season.
3. Lawrence top 10 QB 4000/30 floor
4. Breece Hall puts up Saquon-esque rookie season 1800 total yds 12 TDs
5. Ju Ju 100/1400/10
6. Jameis legit MVP candidate 4500/35
7. AJones and Dillon both rush for 1000
8. Pats finish last in AFCE rumors of BB being fired
9. TB does not make playoffs as father time has finally beaten TB12
10. NO wins Super Bowl, see #6.

• Saints represent the NFC in the Super Bowl
  • AFC - heart says Buffalo, gut says Baltimore
  • Lions make the playoffs
  • Chargers win the AFC West
  • Houston Texans have a top-16 offense (total yards)
  • Cowboys extend Mike McCarthy's contract

Lions win the NFC North.
Packers have over 500 rushing attempts (while paying their QB $50M this year)
Gabe Davis has 1400/15
JuJu has 100+ receptions

1. Rham Stevenson leads league in rushing TDs
2. ETN becomes 4th player with 1000yds rush/rec in a season.
3. Lawrence top 10 QB 4000/30 floor
4. Breece Hall puts up Saquon-esque rookie season 1800 total yds 12 TDs
5. Ju Ju 100/1400/10
6. Jameis legit MVP candidate 4500/35
7. AJones and Dillon both rush for 1000
8. Pats finish last in AFCE rumors of BB being fired
9. TB does not make playoffs as father time has finally beaten TB12
10. NO wins Super Bowl, see #6.
I like these a lot guapo. My "father time" candidate is Travis Kelce. And it crushes me to say that..he's one of my favorite players to own ever in FF.

Bold but possible:

6. The Lions will beat Green Bay in the last game of the regular season and get a wildcard spot while knocking The Packers out of the playoffs

10. Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson will both lose to their former teams
very bold and possible indeed. good work on all 10, will be rooting for your entire list but kudos especially for these two scenarios. well three scenarios i guess.

Let's get spicy with it. My calls and reasoning:

1. Edwards-Helaire has a mini breakout season, easily beating his ADP.

REASONING: Tyreek Hill is a special player and none of the "replacements" in KC like Hardman and Moore are in the same ballpark talent-wise. JuJu may have a decent season, but his big play ability has been totally absent the last few years. All of this means KC's passing offense may regress, which could lead to the run game and CEH being emphasized more. I admit to being fooled by CEH as a college prospect. I thought he'd be better than he has been, but this year may be his best chance yet to put up volume. The other backs on this roster are not scary at all IMO. Now or never for Clyde.

2. Alec Pierce is the WR1 in Indy by the end of the season.

REASONING: I like Pittman. I think he's a good player. He should have a solid season. All that said, Pierce is faster, more athletic, and more talented. What can't he do? He is big, fast, tough, and quick. He can separate on the underneath stuff and win the contested catch, but also has more speed than Pittman to burn deep. He could potentially become the synergy of Jordy Nelson and Eric Decker. Awesome late flyer candidate, and a great bargain option for stuff like best ball leagues and the FBG contest.

3. Kyle Pitts finishes TE1.

REASONING: Kelce has had a great career, but he's 32. More importantly, the loss of Tyreek Hill will be seismic for KC's passing attack. Stopping Kelce will be priority #1 for opposing defenses. Due to age and a likely drop in efficiency, I'm expecting a decline. Andrews is in his prime with no obvious reason to regress. He'll be a contender for the TE1 spot, but Pitts is the faster and more electric player. Let's be real, he's not even a TE. He's a big WR. His ceiling is Larry Fitzgerald numbers, but from the TE slot. Pitts only scored 1 TD last year, which is a total negative fluke. He'll destroy that figure this year. With improved efficiency in year two and a higher TD count, he can make a real run at the TE1 spot. My biggest concern is the pile of tepid mediocrity that is Marcus Mariota. Can Mariota sustain any receiving weapons? I don't know. If he's at all serviceable, Pitts should eat.

4. Tua will beat his ADP by a comfortable margin.

REASONING: It's simple. He has elite weapons in Waddle and Hill. That's a dream pairing for any QB. Those guys together can be lethal. Edmonds is a plus pass catcher who hasn't been fully utilized in the past. Gesicki is a quality starting TE. Add it all up and I just think the pieces are in place for Tua to put up solid stats if he's at all capable. Keep a small eye on the rookie WR Ezunkanma, who could be a dark horse to have a decent supporting role with this team, as he brings a size and physicality to their WR unit that their top options can't match.

5. Josh Jacobs finishes as a top 10 RB.

REASONING: Zamir White is a decent back and I've always been higher than most on Ameer Abdullah, who never really got a fair shot after Detroit. That he's still in the NFL after all these years is a testament to his talent. I can see credible reasons to anticipate RBBC here, but ultimately I just believe Jacobs is better than his reputation. While he lacks big play juice, there aren't many backs in the NFL right now who are his equal in terms of overall skill set. This team has a solid passing attack, particularly with the addition of Davante Adams. That may equal less volume for Jacobs, but the flipside is potentially more TD vulture looks, and that's an area where he excels. Top 10 may be overly ambitious, but I see nothing but value at his current ADP, though I'll hedge slightly and say that adding White/Abdullah as handcuffs may be sensible.

Just a quick aside, I think Jacobs is the walking embodiment of how quickly FF owners become bored with their new toys. It's funny to look around at ADP and see how many flavor-of-the-year types have fallen out of favor. I'm thinking of people like Miles Sanders, DK Metcalf, Chris Godwin, Antonio Gibson, Chase Claypool, and JuJu. It wasn't long ago that these guys were billed as the next great stars, but now that they've been exposed as mere mortals, the honeymoon period is over and people are swooning over the likes of Swift, Javonte, Etienne, Pittman, Higgins, St-Brown, and others who haven't had time to post a disappointing season yet instead. I think what you often find in the NFL is that the talent level of the next-big-things relative to the last-big-things is overstated, and I guess part of the reasoning behind a few of my picks (Jacobs, CEH, Tua) is that some of the former blue chippers still have latent upside and value. Last year's top 10 RBs is littered with guys who had mega hype and then crashed (Mixon, Fournette, Patterson). That talent doesn't vanish overnight though. Learn from the careers of Thomas Jones, Marshawn Lynch, Cedric Benson, etc. Last year's "bust" may yet have value.

The Buffalo Bills win the Super Bowl. Bold because Early 90’s I was in high school watching them lose 4 straight and I believe they are cursed.

Not a terrible bold prediction, but I think that something 'other' than football related will delay at least one game from being played as scheduled.
Either COVID or some weather-related event like a hurricane or smoke from a wildfire, etc. will cause at least one game from being played as scheduled this season.

1 - I like Trevor Lawrence/top 10 and Kirk/top 15 to pair up as potential league winners.

2 - Gabe Davis lives up to the hype and ends up as a top 20 WR.

3 - disaster in TB, the offensive line is just too terrible and they don’t even break .500.

4 - The Rams will run a more balanced approach on offense and play time of possession ball to limit the impact of throwing on Stafford. It’s a successful thing for the team but not FF or fantasy points.

5 - Travis Kelce will be the WR1

Last edited:
CD Lamb is not a top 15 WR.
Hurts is a Top 5 QB
McCaffery is a bust
Brady not a top 10 QB this year
D. Hopkins ends up on a lot FF championship teams.
Waller # 1 TE this year
Tony Pollard outs scores Zeke

disaster in TB, the offensive line is just too terrible and they don’t even break .500.
I agree with this. There is something off about Brady this year. He doesn’t look right. He is starting to look like an alien. If he is having personal issues now he may have them again. Julio is a bg downgrade from AB. Rudolph/Brate is a huge downgrade from Gronk. Godwin is recovering an injury and may not be himself. Fournette is due to do something stupid. Evans will be tweaking some hammies.

I have zero shares of Bucs this year.

Treylon Burks is going to destroy his ADP, he'll be the week 2 darling waiver wire add after going 8-125-2. go watch fantasy scout on youtube, in particular the video about Burks. dude was open on so many plays but that dopey QB Malik Willis can't read defenses. Burks was open on two deep balls and many more slant routes. Those passes are made by Tannehill. kid coulda had 6-126-2 at a minimum and we'd all consider him the de facto #1 rookie wr to select. but now he's just a 'project'. get him before week 1.
I watched this game and saw Malik miss Burks often when he was open. He’s for sure gonna get his opportunities given their lack of WR depth.

1 - I like Trevor Lawrence/top 10 and Kirk/top 15 to pair up as potential league winners.

2 - Gave Davis lives up to the hype and ends up as a top 20 WR.

3 - disaster in TB, the offensive line is just too terrible and they don’t even break .500.

4 - The Rams will run a more balanced approach on offense and play time of possession ball to limit the impact of throwing on Stafford. It’s a successful thing for the team but not FF or fantasy points.

Top 20 is not a bold prediction, that is a given.

2 - Gave Davis lives up to the hype and ends up as a top 20 WR.

Top 20 is not a bold prediction, that is a given.
fair enough and I hope it's true!

Russell Wilson finishes outside the top 15 fantasy QBs.

Kyren Williams will be the Rams fantasy back to own

Elijah Moore finishes as a Top 5 fantasy WR as the Jets go with an upgrade at QB.....in Joe Flacco.

Dawson Knox finishes as a Top 3 TE

Russell Wilson finishes outside the top 15 fantasy QBs.

Kyren Williams will be the Rams fantasy back to own

Elijah Moore finishes as a Top 5 fantasy WR as the Jets go with an upgrade at QB.....in Joe Flacco.

Dawson Knox finishes as a Top 3 TE
:kicksrock: Well it was a run.

I'd still stash Kyren in IR spot. Looks like when he's healthy, his blocking prowess will come in handy.

Buy low on Knox :excited:

This isn't a bold prediction, but wanted to post it somewhere...
TEN HC Mike Vrabel played LB for 14 seasons. During that time, he caught 10 passes for 14 yards - and all were TD's!

Let's see your Top 10 Bold Predictions (weak consensus takes need not apply)

1. Patrick Mahomes doesn't skip a beat without Tyreke Hill, but Hill fails to crack the Top 20 WRs in Miami
2. Breece Hall - offensive rookie of the year, making the Michael Carter as RB1 talk look silly
3. Baltimore Ravens get the top seed in a stacked AFC, while Super Bowl runner-up Cincinnati does not make the playoffs
4. Geno Smith far exceeds expectations and flirts with QB1 (top 12) status as the Seahawks play from behind most of the season.
5. Kenneth Gainwell nearly doubles Miles Sanders in fantasy points.
6. JuJu Smith-Shuster leads KC in targets (narrowly over Kelce) and flirts with 100 receptions on the season
7. Isaaih Pacheco is the most valuable fantasy RB in KC and finishes in the RB25-30 range.
8. Isaaih Spiller leads the Chargers in rushing yards and TDs.
9. Albert O is closer to Top 5 TEs than he is to Top 15 TEs - meaning he finishes at least Top 10.
10. Jimmy Garrapolo starts more games than Trey Lance - who looks like one of the worst passers in the league.

I would call you a genius if you weren't a Jets fan.

Let's see your Top 10 Bold Predictions (weak consensus takes need not apply)

1. Patrick Mahomes doesn't skip a beat without Tyreke Hill, but Hill fails to crack the Top 20 WRs in Miami
2. Breece Hall - offensive rookie of the year, making the Michael Carter as RB1 talk look silly
3. Baltimore Ravens get the top seed in a stacked AFC, while Super Bowl runner-up Cincinnati does not make the playoffs
4. Geno Smith far exceeds expectations and flirts with QB1 (top 12) status as the Seahawks play from behind most of the season.
5. Kenneth Gainwell nearly doubles Miles Sanders in fantasy points.
6. JuJu Smith-Shuster leads KC in targets (narrowly over Kelce) and flirts with 100 receptions on the season
7. Isaaih Pacheco is the most valuable fantasy RB in KC and finishes in the RB25-30 range.
8. Isaaih Spiller leads the Chargers in rushing yards and TDs.
9. Albert O is closer to Top 5 TEs than he is to Top 15 TEs - meaning he finishes at least Top 10.
10. Jimmy Garrapolo starts more games than Trey Lance - who looks like one of the worst passers in the league.

I would call you a genius if you weren't a Jets fan.
This may be the only week this looks like a good call. 😀 May as well take it.

Users who are viewing this thread