What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bostick or Quarless... who's it gonna be? (1 Viewer)

Really think it's gonna b bostick. But want to see his usage tonight before making any move...if bostick looks involved early I am adding him

I'm a Saints fan in cheese land, and here's my take.

- Quarless knows the plays, has been part of the team for a while, so there's an emotional attachment there (and corresponding trust). High floor, low ceiling kind of player. One of those 4/30 guys that sneaks in a TD every now and then.

- Rodgers isn't afraid to throw to anyone. Boykin right off the reserve squad for example.

- Rodgers tends to bring out the ceiling in High Ceiling players

- There are a lot of mouths to feed in this offense

I suspect Quarless is going to continue in his role as the inline TE, and while he might see more snaps, it might be Bostick that gets more receiving opportunities from being split out, and that does more with them. His physical skills are a better match for the job there, so he probably has a better ceiling. I passed on Quarless to get Bostick this week.

That said, I'm waiting a week to see what happens before starting either, even in a 2 TE league.

I picked up bostick too. I think after a week in practice playing the Finley role he will have more involvement today and Rodgers will give him a shot to make some plays. If he steps up he could be a surprise ff football difference maker for the rest of the season.

Quarless is nothing special. Bostick at least has the potential to create the mismatches that Finley did in that offense.

It doesn't sound like the coach is all that enamored with Quarless:

Today the official Twitter account of the Green Bay Packers quoted Head Coach Mike McCarthy in a tweet saying:

I just want Andrew Quarless to be fundamentally sound, assignment sound, he needs to exert himself like he’s done in spurts.

It doesn't sound like the coach is all that enamored with Quarless:

Today the official Twitter account of the Green Bay Packers quoted Head Coach Mike McCarthy in a tweet saying:

I
just
want Andrew Quarless to be fundamentally sound, assignment sound, he needs to exert himself like he’s done in spurts.
Yep. Suggests disappointment here. Nice observation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Saints fan in cheese land, and here's my take.

- Quarless knows the plays, has been part of the team for a while, so there's an emotional attachment there (and corresponding trust). High floor, low ceiling kind of player. One of those 4/30 guys that sneaks in a TD every now and then.

- Rodgers isn't afraid to throw to anyone. Boykin right off the reserve squad for example.

- Rodgers tends to bring out the ceiling in High Ceiling players

- There are a lot of mouths to feed in this offense
This...adding...

-I think Bostick is a nice stash if you have the room for later. Could emerge close to FF playoffs and into next year. For today, if you had to pick one, it would have to be Quarless IMO.

Quarless for now but I could see Bostick develop. He is very raw and they like his potential but I'm not sure he's ready yet. Keep an eye on Taylor if he gets healthy and back on the field.

Obviously recently it has been Quarless.

Bostick also now out for the rest of the year about to have surgery.

What about 2014?

Finley staying or going?
Bostick has more 'raw talent' compared to what ive seen of Quarless in the past.

That or that draft one of the top 3 TEs that come out this year.

Anyone have any input on where they think Finley would go if he was picked up next year?

I'm bumping this up. Is Quarless worth a pickup in any leagues?

Tight End isn't a very deep position and it looks like he might be the guy in Green Bay although he hasn't been targeted much.

Looks like Rodgers and Bostick have played themselves into McCathy's doghouse. I think Quarless has value, similarly to why I think Adams has value. Rodgers is eventually going to have to spread the ball around more.

Quarless isn't going to hit you any home runs in fantasy and most weeks will provide you with low TE2 production. I would prefer to burn the roster spot on someone with higher upside.

Looks like Rodgers and Bostick have played themselves into McCathy's doghouse. I think Quarless has value, similarly to why I think Adams has value. Rodgers is eventually going to have to spread the ball around more.
I kinda agree with this. Don't think Rodgers is in the dog house, but Bostick and Boykins surely is. I agree with you on Adams as well, but he seems to be struggling with the playbook. He ran a bad route last week and got benched 2 qtrs because of it. He's clearly number 3 material. Quarless will remain the top TE right now.

Quarless isn't going to hit you any home runs in fantasy and most weeks will provide you with low TE2 production. I would prefer to burn the roster spot on someone with higher upside.
Oh I agree with the bolded. I roster several players at the end of my bench in a long bench league that I call my pile of dreck. I have Quarless in this group hoping he emerges as Aaron Rodgers trusted safety valve with red zone upside. And if he's not, I cheaply throw him back into the dreck pile and start over again...rinse/repeat.

Rodgers was benched last week due to his abysmal run blocking (or lack thereof). Bostick didn't see the field due to special teams errors. Quarless is the only one the coaches have faith in at the moment but may not register any more than a couple/few catches with a TD every 3 or 4 games...maybe.

Jack White said:
dwashington said:
Is Quarless the Packer TE to have for the FF playoffs?
Why would you want one?

Good luck figuring out which guy scores a TD in which game.
other options are Ertz, Ebron and Rivera\

Pack plays Patriots this week, the Hoodie normally plans to take away the best players (WR and RB) figured the TE will have some good looks this week.

Users who are viewing this thread