What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

FF sucks this season. There's too many productive players. I don't even have an edge perusing this forum against people in my league who play very casually.

I own Fitz, Nicks, Bowe, CJ2K in a 12-teamer and I lost hecka bad.

'Darryl Talley said:
FF sucks this season. There's too many productive players. I don't even have an edge perusing this forum against people in my league who play very casually.I own Fitz, Nicks, Bowe, CJ2K in a 12-teamer and I lost hecka bad.
FYI, perusing a FF forum is usually bad for gaining an advantage.Protip: Next time you think about taking advice from a FF forum like footballguys, do the opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:
RG3's performance was simply stunning. I have Vick/RG3 at QB and Vick's dumpster fire game against the Browns was more palatable after I saw the stat line for RG3.

'Darryl Talley said:
FF sucks this season. There's too many productive players. I don't even have an edge perusing this forum against people in my league who play very casually.I own Fitz, Nicks, Bowe, CJ2K in a 12-teamer and I lost hecka bad.
That is because you refuse to recognize that nicks is always injured; Fitz has no Qb; cj2 blows

I drafted Julio in my keeper league last year (keep 4), went through the injuries and such last year, kept him at the end of the year knowing the potential he had, and boy am I in love with this player. He's a ####### BEAST.

Your fault. Why draft a RB in 2nd round when that team has no Qb and no wrs....which means very few goal line chances too....add his injuries; playing against Pitt Cincy and Baltimore twice and it was pretty obvious
That is because you refuse to recognize that nicks is always injured; Fitz has no Qb; cj2 blows
What kind of jackass comes into the venting thread and talks ####?Its week one, almost every performance is not indicative of what we will see the rest of the season...

Cant believe I'm considering sitting CJ1k for Ridley next week :-S Tonight I need 5 points from Gresham, and I'm worried I'm not gonna get them (PPR at least).

'need2know said:
Colston mia Graham starts out great than disappears.
I can't figure out why the Saints didn't keep going to Graham. The Redskins looked like munchkins trying to stop him or tackle him.But they didn't and the Skins won. :thumbup:

'need2know said:
Colston mia Graham starts out great than disappears.
I can't figure out why the Saints didn't keep going to Graham. The Redskins looked like munchkins trying to stop him or tackle him.But they didn't and the Skins won. :thumbup:
Oh, I know the answer here....because I was playing against the Lance Moore owner and he needed a stellar game out of him to beat me.... so after posting a zero for most of the game, Brees decided to throw to Moore exclusively for a 6-120-1 stat line. FING AWESOME!!!1111

Brags - Happy to have Matt Ryan and Brandon Marshall on my team!

Vents - Thanks to Hakeem Nicks and the Bills defense (and my opponent having the Texans), I'm still in a position where I could very likely lose, even though I started Ryan, Marshall, Harvin, Murray, and Vernon Davis.

I now have to rely on Mcfadden and Kaeding to outscore Ray Rice. It's possible, but I'm not feeling good about things.

League #1: Terrible RB auction drafting on my part. Could've had Ridley with only a minor overpayment, instead left with Wells, D.Brown, and Benson as my RB2 options.

League #2: Thought I waited to long in my 2 QB league, ending up with Peyton and RGIII. Not looking too bad right now.

I drafted Doug Martin and Stevan Ridley as RB 3s and 4s in all of my leagues. DMC and Lynch as RB1s and 2s.... I AM EFFING STOKED about 2012.....

Brags - Happy to have Matt Ryan and Brandon Marshall on my team!Vents - Thanks to Hakeem Nicks and the Bills defense (and my opponent having the Texans), I'm still in a position where I could very likely lose, even though I started Ryan, Marshall, Harvin, Murray, and Vernon Davis.I now have to rely on Mcfadden and Kaeding to outscore Ray Rice. It's possible, but I'm not feeling good about things.
I believe that this is very possible solorca. don't give up hope just yet!

'Darryl Talley said:
FYI, perusing a FF forum is usually bad for gaining an advantage.Protip: Next time you think about taking advice from a FF forum like footballguys, do the opposite.
you lost cause you drafted guys who have big names but if you thought about their situations, all suck.

'rocketsauce said:
Top in points in my league week 1, and nobody really even exploded. Just steady contributions across the board.
Me too. those are the best weeks, when you feeli like you have a TEAM; not just a bunch of high profile names.Congrats on your good week.

EATING CROW: I underestimated ADP's abilty to bounce back this quickly... short of a re-injury, I don't see how he doesn't finish as a solid RB1. Props to all who had the balls to stick their necks out for him.

MISMANAGEMENT:

Benched Garcon for Antonio Brown (WR3)... Benched Pats DST for Ravens DST (yet to be seen but Pats posted a ####load of points).

BRAG:

Had a pretty big money league draft 2 weeks ago and simply can't believe how it shook out... $300 buyin with $10 FA Pickups. TWO 10-team PPR Bonus Scoring leagues that send their top 2 into a playoff for weeks 15/16 for a combined prize pool of almost $7500. :excited: Couldn't believe how poorly some folks drafted... ended up with the following:

QB (1) : RGIII / Ben

RB (2) : Foster / Martin / Sjax / Tate

WR (3): Julio / AJ / A Brown / P Garcon / D Baldwin

TE (1): Hernandez / Gonzalez

PK (1): Henery / Bullock

TD (1) : Ravens / Patriots

:unsure:

Bad: Going to lose if Seabass kicks a FG tonight.

Bad: The idiot who set my roster. Starters: 121. Bench: 111.

Good: Got lots of depth :thumbup:

Brag: Drafted and started AP as my RB2. Coupled with Gore and McCoy... and ultimately LeShour in flex.

Brag: Kept the faith in Manning and am starting Tamme and Demariyus.

Grieving: Also have WES WELKER and VJAX. Although my opinion is both still have great seasons.

Grieving: AP + Shady + Gore + DT + Tamme - Welker - VJAX = Being up six points right now with Nate Kaeding left... and he has Rice and Janikowski :no:

'rocketsauce said:
Top in points in my league week 1, and nobody really even exploded. Just steady contributions across the board.
Me too. those are the best weeks, when you feeli like you have a TEAM; not just a bunch of high profile names.Congrats on your good week.
You too man. I missed this feeling. Had a real struggle of a season last year.

First I start Nicks... then at the last minute, idiot me, listening to all the talking heads, switch out Ridley for DeAngelo Williams at the last minute. They all said start him, higher than Ridley. How can they, we, have missed the freaken BOAT on Williams SO BAD- with no Stewart??? MY BAD, Williams can suck it. Trust your gut folks, at least you can live with it!!

Looks like my weak play will cost me this week, 0-1.

Up 2, opponent has Ray Rice. I have Mcfadden and Kaeding. Rice already has nine points after about 5 minutes of football.

Sigh - Playing against the league champion who never seems to have a good team, but ALWAYS beats me. My lineup of...

Matt Ryan

Demarco Murray, DMC

Marshall, Harvin, Nicks

Vernon

Kaeding

BILLS

vs.

Cutler

Gore, Rice

Lloyd, VJax, Roddy

Gronk

Crosby

Texans

Even looking at the roster and knowing what I do about the games, I don't know how he's close...but somehow he's in the lead. I fully expect Rice to continue to explode in this game and end up with me being in a 30 point hole when my game starts. Then, DMC will probably get hurt.

Every time I play this guy....

Was up by 50 heading into tonight - after Ray Rice I am in a battle....need McFadden and Gates to outscore Rivers and Janikowski (well to not lose to them by more than 10).

Started Flacco, facing Rice.

If Flacco gets the TD when he threw to Smith and Clements committed PI, I win. Rice gets the TD instead, I lose.

Projected to win by 25. Every time this happens, I know I am in for a rough week. Welker 1 point, Fred Jackson out, Antonio Brown not doing much matched up against Champ bailey. As of now, I am down 40 points, with Mcfadden and Rice and Baltimore DST left to play on a Monday night. Monday night better be better than today was.
Whew dodged a bullet. Rice got me 20 and Ravens D has gotten me 33 so far. Glad I listened to my gut and Started Ravens DST over the Lions, when everyone said Lions would have a great week against St. Louis. Lions managed to get 13 points, go figure. I am going to bed now, no need to stay up and watch DMC.

Up 2, opponent has Ray Rice. I have Mcfadden and Kaeding. Rice already has nine points after about 5 minutes of football.Sigh - Playing against the league champion who never seems to have a good team, but ALWAYS beats me. My lineup of...Matt RyanDemarco Murray, DMCMarshall, Harvin, NicksVernonKaedingBILLSvs. CutlerGore, RiceLloyd, VJax, RoddyGronkCrosbyTexansEven looking at the roster and knowing what I do about the games, I don't know how he's close...but somehow he's in the lead. I fully expect Rice to continue to explode in this game and end up with me being in a 30 point hole when my game starts. Then, DMC will probably get hurt.Every time I play this guy....
It's still possible that Mcfadden fumbles or loses some yards, but after the first half, I've managed to take the lead.I'd like to thank Carson Palmer for constantly throwing to Mcfadden, allowing me to pick up a ton of cheap PPR points

Pretty good week considering I got shellacked in one of my main leagues where I also lost FJax.

Happen to be in a ppr league where I can start 4 RBs, just happen to have R. Rice, D. Mcfadden, A. Bradshaw and BJGE - And Julio Jones.

Come on Rivers, is one more TD too much to ask, so I can win in my money league? ETA: Apparently it is. :wall:

However, I am winning all the rest of my leagues! :excited:

Two games decided by a total of .5 points. Was praying the Chargers would run back a TD at the end so Kaeding would get a PAT and I'd win 'em both.

Lose by 4.2 in a PPR. Started Little over BJGE/Gonzalez. Ran in to McFadden's 13 receptions and Kaeding tonight. Kaeding also beat me out for top score in another league for money by 4 points (benched AP for Sidney Rice last minute). Kaeding and my benchings > me.

League high in points in 2 out of 3 leagues and neither was really close, 6 points off of the league high in the other league.

After a disasterous 2011 and not making the playoffs in either of my 2 leagues (after winning it all 3 out of 4 yrs in one - lost in finals other year, 1 championship and 2 semifinals in the last 3 yrs in the other league), Im starting to get that old time feeling back of why FF gets me excited. :football:

Users who are viewing this thread