What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know where I can find official time (meaning duration) of games? My league uses trash talk as the tie breaker but the scoring stops with the end of MNF and there is a dispute over which posts should be counted toward this week.

If anyone is interested in using this, trash talk is judged by the Commish (me) on quality, quantity, and creativity.
Best way to figure it out that I know of is to check liveblogs of the game for "game over" statements.

This one has the "game over" statement at 11:42 ET.

Officially out of the playoffs - so now my fun begins, waiver priority is my ally in screwing up as many teams as I can to join in my misery. All within the rules of course. I have two decent QBs, but a hurt RB on the bench? Okay - I will pick up another QB - which means the guy with Romo on bye and Palmer hurt will now have to go with Ryan Mallett after I take Drew Stanton. Guy that is hurting at RB? I will take CJ Anderson and send my condolences to the guy who has bye week and injury RB issues. Sucks I am out of the playoffs, but it will be fun being a spoiler. Sour grapes? Heck yes, but how can I be punished for trying to make my team better and maintain competitive balance?

Last edited by a moderator:
I lead the league in points by a mile, and I'm 5-5. That's the same record as the lowest scoring team in the league. But even I don't have it as bad as the 2nd highest scoring team. He's 2-8. The top teams are scoring in the middle. Really bizaar year.

I lead the league in points by a mile, and I'm 5-5. That's the same record as the lowest scoring team in the league. But even I don't have it as bad as the 2nd highest scoring team. He's 2-8. The top teams are scoring in the middle. Really bizaar year.
Typical week - Team A loses 100-98 to Team B. Team C wins 65-50 against Team D. Rinse wash repeat, but when Team A plays Team C, Team C scores 100 that week to beat team A. Our top team is the highest scoring team - but our 3rd through 5th place teams are lower half points scored. Strange year indeed.

I own mathews and ball. I have been trying to trade with the same owner for oliver or hillman for weeks. Guess who i play this week?

Why do I keep starting players on Thursday nights. Makes me not look forward to Sundays. Landry starts out solid on first possession for Miami and then just disappears.

Not really bragging or venting, but I recently picked up Chris Hogan in my league that has deep rosters. Seems like he's really found some footing in the Bills' offense.

On a more #####y note, I had Clay, Wallace, and Miller in various leagues yet Gibson (who I thought was Matthews at first) and Landry were the ones to find the endzone.

Tannehill is incapable of throwing the ball more than 15 yards. Its awful. As a mike wallace owner, its really hard to watch. I really needed some decent pts from wallace last night and again came away empty. Think I will start benching wallace for more upside in the future. There is not much here.

Picked Forbath as my kicker over Dawson and carpenter. Stuck with Chiefs D over Detroit. Losing big to worst team and league and I am about to lose 3rd straight after an incredible 6 game win streak. This is not a fun season.

So many injuries this year. Lost Ball, again, and Julius. Then, Jennings gimps off late even though he says he's fine.

Woof. Going up against Mike Evans this week. Down by thirty-five. On the plus side, I still have Bradshaw, Gronk, Prater, and the Detroit D going, so maybe...

I'm just waiting to get finished off by garbage time scores from the Sanchize and Starks.

How can Stafford and Calvin be so terrible? How? Was very confident that these two would be top 10's at their positions but are borderline startable. So frustrated with these two. Surprisingly, the rest of my team has been above average but these two are keeping me down. Sucks!

Traded gronk for graham cuz i wanted the brees/graham combo going into the playoffs and of course the first game the saints offense ####s the bed.

First place, playing against last place, and I lose thanks to Stafford. If he gets even one freaking touchdown I win...

HOW DO YOU HAVE CALVIN JOHNSON ON YOUR TEAM AND ONLY THROW FOR 150 YARDS?!?!?!?!

The Good: Picked up C.J. Anderson for this week (he gets me 115 total yards).

The Bad: Dropped Jonas Gray for him (199 yards and 4 TDs) when I could have dropped Ben Tate (-9 yards rushing) or Monte Ball (hurt again).

Well, my lead held up against my opponent's Gronk, Hilton, Bradshaw & Gostkowski. Now I need to dodge Martavis Bryant on MNF.

After winning my big money league title last season I have followed it up by drafting the biggest bunch of turds assembled. On my way to a 5-6 record and no playoffs. Amazing I even won 5 games.

Heres was my starting roster after the draft

Brees

Ball, cj2k, vereen, ivory, bradshaw

Allen, harvin, wallace

Ertz

Parkey

Ne def

Brees, ball, cj2k, allen, harvin, ertz all busts

Damn

F' THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS! rG3's bum ### couldn't do anything against arguably the worst pass Def in the league. Literally... every QB before him put up major numbers. THis dude... smh

Also... thanks to piss poor redskins... I lost my survivor pool! Effing BUMS

Im involved in an absolute turdfest this week ( 50.8 pts v 65.7 pts so far ). Had Bradshaw, Graham, Bryce Brown, Browns going but opponent had West, Julius and a few other low scorers.

Was 7 pts behind with Bradshaw v Edelman going last night.

Now need 15 pts dead from Big Ben to win.

Have come back from 3-5 to 5-5 so this is it, can only afford one loss in these last 4 matches and it's all coming down to tonight.

Bricking it.

Headed back to the Playoffs. 13th time in my 14 year Re-Draft. Tough sledding this year, with my team being the first to lock up a playoff spot. Other 3 spots still up for grabs with 1 week left in the regular season.

50/50

Won one matchup because Bell was a BEAST. But lost another because Pit's D sucked aside from the pick six (no other turnovers forced and NO SACKS WTF).

Users who are viewing this thread