What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Benching Allen and Rivers... AAAAAAH! Would have had 250+ points. But facing Graham so I guess it evens out as long as Landry does something similar to what he's been doing lately.

The players that kept me from making the playoffs by lousy performances week 13.....Romo(first game in 38 that he didn't throw a td pass) and Crowell(maybe I can blame Hoyer)

I need a big game from Jordy.

Without Brady likewise putting up anything beyond mediocre.

I am effed.

ETA: Guess I should've benched Jordy & started Davante Adams instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laying a beating on my division foe. Looks like I'll clinch #2 seed and a bye.

Tired of losing. This year has been so unpredictable. How can a team with Romo, CJ Anderson, D. Thomas, J. Nelson, D. Bryant, M. Evans, and J. Gordon be 1-5 in the last 6 games? I mean seriously? Thank God for the 6 game run I had earlier in the year or I wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Hopefully the v law of averages kicks in next week. If not this may be the most crushing Fantasy season for me.

A little bummed but I have hope... I have hope.

With a win, I earn a bye (with a key loss which happened), division title, a profit and some "in your face."

My team starts off great with Stafford, Calvin, Jordan Matthews and Hauschka on Thursday. I know that doesn't win the game but those four helped me get a great start.

Today's games are going well. I'm leading but the lead is shrinking as the day goes on. At the end of the Packers game, I faced, Roethlisberger, Julio Jones and Crosby. My Jordy and Gronk had average games but the lead is gone. I am now down 15 points and he still has Mike Wallace tomorrow night.

Why I have hope. I have CJ Anderson tonight and Lamar Miller or Chris Ivory. What will this Denver game bring me? Hope or despair? A bye week or no playoffs at all?

Can't believe I won. If Mason Crosby makes that 40 yd FG for my opponent, I would've lost by 2 instead of winning by 2; and Packers getting that first down right at the 2 minute warning kept my opponent's Tom Brady off the field.

I've go tissues going forward (who the hell do I start out of Crowell/Gio/Jeremy Hill??); and my QB situation sucks (Cutler), with no ability to improve it.

Shady has finally turned it on a bit (though it's easy to see future stinkers out of him since he doesn't get pass targets); Jordy continues to be a stud & ODB has solidified my WR corps. It feels like my team is on a razor's edge every damn week. I've won 6 in a row, and 5 of those wins have been by 3 points or less. I don't expect to last long in the playoffs, but at least I'll make the dance.

Struggled all year, but somehow clinched two playoff spots. In the league I'll miss out, beat the #1 seed today.

Weird year in a lot of ways, losing in every conceivable fashion, but for some odd reason, it's been a year that rejuvenated my interest in FF. Been playing 20 years, and 21-18 record has been one of my worst, but I've enjoyed the challenge immensely.

first week of playoffs with pretty even matchup. I have dem thomas an Miami d vs his cj anderson. not getting the warm fuzzies right now.

Going to miss out on a playoff spot in one league because the refs reversed Manziel's fumble that was recovered for a TD....

....and my opponent's defense got a late gift pick - six by none other than Matt frigging Schaub. Makes me want to quit forever.

Mario Kart said:
A little bummed but I have hope... I have hope.

With a win, I earn a bye (with a key loss which happened), division title, a profit and some "in your face."

My team starts off great with Stafford, Calvin, Jordan Matthews and Hauschka on Thursday. I know that doesn't win the game but those four helped me get a great start.

Today's games are going well. I'm leading but the lead is shrinking as the day goes on. At the end of the Packers game, I faced, Roethlisberger, Julio Jones and Crosby. My Jordy and Gronk had average games but the lead is gone. I am now down 15 points and he still has Mike Wallace tomorrow night.

Why I have hope. I have CJ Anderson tonight and Lamar Miller or Chris Ivory. What will this Denver game bring me? Hope or despair? A bye week or no playoffs at all?
I am currently up 11 points thanks to CJ. Won't breath easy until tomorrow after the game if I prevail. Not the best team to go up against tomorrow night either in the Jets. Miami should score at least 4 TD's, no?

Mike Wallace vs. Lamar Miller & 11 points

Just clinched first round bye!! Up by 50 heading into Sunday Night Football, Won by 3, despite getting boned by Romo and have Julio Jones and Tre Mason on my bench. I managed to survive going up against P. Manning and Cj Amderson!

Faced Andrew Luck, Tre Mason, and DeAndre Hopkins.

What should have been an easy victory is now likely a loss thanks to those three all having CAREER freaking games at the same time. My only hope is if both Tannehill & Landry break 30 tomorrow night. Only saving grace is that it's not the playoffs and I've already clinched a spot. If this were next week I'd be so pissed right now my wife would divorce me.

F'n Tre Mason. WTF.

For the second time in 14 years, I didnt make the playoffs in my main league. Just a dreadful season.

My draft was ugly... Graham, ball, vereen, vjax, crabtree, sjax, reed. Late picks like ingram, benjamin, and RW kind of helped me salvage a 6-7 season.

I can finally say that my team arrived....only took 13 weeks to do so. Needed a win to secure a playoff spot, I scored 197 this week with Tannehill left.

Roethlisberger, Ryan, Tannehill, C Anderson, Mathews, Ju Jones, Marshall, Cobb, Gronkowski, Tucker, SEA D

Nice week guys to secure me a playoff spot. :moneybag:

Tre Mason saved my behind. I'm in a Yahoo pay league fighting for a playoff spot going against an abandoned team that scored almost 40 points above his projection. I'm in now, but if not for Tre Mason I would have lost to a ghost team and having to fight for a spot against a strong team the last week.

Started the year 0-5. Won the next three, then two more hard luck losses. Was 3-7 with three weeks to go. Had to win out (beating each of the three teams I could catch for the last playoff spot), and have one of those teams go 0-3 and the other two teams go 1-2. Last week was down 115-100 going into Monday night and wound up winning 118-115. This week set an all time weekly scoring record (22 year league) by putting up 165 points with two players still to go....but the other team I needed to lose (the team I came back on last week) was still in his game with 4 minutes to go in the KC/Den game and CJ Anderson looking incredible. Thankfully he wound up losing 115-105 and my miracle three week run became a reality.

What is ridiculous is that scoring average in our league is 85 points. The guy I edged out of the playoffs scored 115 points and 105 points the last two weeks and lost both games. Kind of makes up for all the games I lost this year early when I was putting up 100 - 110 points and losing.

12-team standard redraft. Team has scored the 2nd most points in the league heading into this week (only 20 points behind league leader). League leader is 9-3 with the playoffs locked up; my team was 6-6 needing to win this week to secure a playoffs spot.

I made the following incorrect decisions:

1) Started Romo over Sanchez -- figured Romo at home was safer; Romo on Thanksgiving had been money; and either way it shouldn't have been a huge shift in such a shootout. Left 17 points on the table with Romo scoring a whopping 3.

2) Started Andre Ellington at RB and Denard Robinson at FLEX over Tre Mason -- I really wanted to bench Ellington, but after the Thursday games I was in a little hole. The matchup was really good for Ellington, and I thought he'd win on the perimeter through the air even if he didn't get much on the ground. The Robinson decision was due to his effectiveness and the Giants woeful run D. In fairness, Denard performed on his touches... he just didn't get very many. Denard scored 5 points; Ellington 1 point; Mason 33 points. Had I followed my gut on Mason (benching Ellington), I'd have gained 32 points.

The second incorrect decision was really 2 decisions in one (technically 3 but I decided CJ Anderson was playing relatively early, and he performed). I lost by 9 points. Literally had I played Tre Mason over ANY SINGLE ONE of the RBs or FLEX options I played, I'd have won. Had I played Sanchez over Romo, I'd have won. ORRRRRRRRR had Jimmy Graham scored 9 points, I'd have won.

A #### end to a #### out of luck season.

After reading about people getting knocked out of the playoffs I feel a bit stupid for having concerns about my playoff-bound team. With that said:

QB concerns: I have enough FAAB $ to make one roster move (we have no waiver wire & no $0 bids). I currently have Cutler & McCown. I won't win bid for Fitz; lost bid last week for Mettenberger. Will likely try to get Colt McCoy or Manziel.

RB2/Flex concerns: Roddy White gimpy again. So that leaves me with trying decide which two of Crowell/Gio/Hill I should start. I'll likely start the wrong one.

Big thanks to Jordy & ODB for carrying me the past 6'weeks or so

Three leagues ... 10-and-3 and the #1 seed in each. Won more than my entry fees back already, and in great position to have the best fantasy season I've ever had. :pickle:

Considering the randomness that the playoffs always unleashes, I'll be happy with one title, but after the first 13 weeks I'm feeling really greedy. :moneybag:

For the first time, I have to thank a defense for saving my behind. I was dismayed after Thursday because I sat Seattle. But I had St. Louis going...BAM!

Was almost eliminated 3 weeks ago, basically all but impossible to get in... After winning 2 in a row, I had an outside shot with a big week and out scoring the final playoff spot guy by 66 points (he also had to lose).

Coming into tonight I had out scored him by 77 (which was almost insanity on its own). He had RT at QB and Miller at RB, I had Caleb Sturgis at kicker.

RT has his worst game of the year and scores 8, Miller hangs 14, and Sturgis has 12. I'm in by 1 point. Now I just have to hope on no stay corrections!

Was almost eliminated 3 weeks ago, basically all but impossible to get in... After winning 2 in a row, I had an outside shot with a big week and out scoring the final playoff spot guy by 66 points (he also had to lose).

Coming into tonight I had out scored him by 77 (which was almost insanity on its own). He had RT at QB and Miller at RB, I had Caleb Sturgis at kicker.

RT has his worst game of the year and scores 8, Miller hangs 14, and Sturgis has 12. I'm in by 1 point. Now I just have to hope on no stay corrections!
Best sneaking into playoffs story! It really came down to RT not seeing a wide open Wallace for TD on final possession and having to settle for the Sturgis FG two plays later.

Had to win to get in... Was down 14 last night with Tannehill, he was done... Tannehill lays an egg...

Meanwhile, DeSean Jackson, Jay Cutler, Heath Miller and worst of all, Tre Mason were on my bench... FML

In one of my leagues, a guy needed to win and then have another lose to get in. The guy he needed to lose was playing another who had already clinched a wild card berth. First owner won as needed. The guy he needed to lose was down 14.79 points going into Monday, and had Jarvis Landry going. Of course Landry gets exactly 14.8 and he wins by .01 points. So first guy loses the playoff spot by .01 points.

http://www16.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/45614#0

My team was able to beat the CJ Anderson/Tre Mason owner and eliminate him from the playoffs...I'm sure nobody wanted to see them during the playoffs.

12-team standard redraft. Team has scored the 2nd most points in the league heading into this week (only 20 points behind league leader). League leader is 9-3 with the playoffs locked up; my team was 6-6 needing to win this week to secure a playoffs spot.

1) Started Romo over Sanchez -- figured Romo at home was safer; Romo on Thanksgiving had been money; and either way it shouldn't have been a huge shift in such a shootout. Left 17 points on the table with Romo scoring a whopping 3.

2) Started Andre Ellington at RB and Denard Robinson at FLEX over Tre Mason -- I really wanted to bench Ellington, but after the Thursday games I was in a little hole. The matchup was really good for Ellington, and I thought he'd win on the perimeter through the air even if he didn't get much on the ground. The Robinson decision was due to his effectiveness and the Giants woeful run D. In fairness, Denard performed on his touches... he just didn't get very many. Denard scored 5 points; Ellington 1 point; Mason 33 points. Had I followed my gut on Mason (benching Ellington), I'd have gained 32 points.

The second incorrect decision was really 2 decisions in one (technically 3 but I decided CJ Anderson was playing relatively early, and he performed). I lost by 9 points. Literally had I played Tre Mason over ANY SINGLE ONE of the RBs or FLEX options I played, I'd have won. Had I played Sanchez over Romo, I'd have won. ORRRRRRRRR had Jimmy Graham scored 9 points, I'd have won.

Just to polish this one off...

Finished in 6th place at 6-7, but only 4 make the playoffs. Scored only 27 points behind the league leader for the season (he went 9-4 and is the 1 seed). Scored 135 POINTS more than the third highest scoring team (the 2 seed) -- in a standard league, an average of more than 10 points per week more.

So I essentially fielded an extra 100 yards every single week relative to the rest of the league, still managed to post a losing record, and missed the playoffs.

Bull####.

Get the #3 seed. Whats my prize? Playing the 6-7 #6 seed who happens to have a great team including demarco murray, gronk, brady, ingram, crowell. Already down 31-0

I'm going to lose to Bennett. I had this guy his entire Dallas career in dyno. What a jerk head

Grabbed Murray with the #10 pick in RD 1. I had my eye on him as a late pick and chose that spot when my name was pulled. Man what a score. Tonight he put me up 28 against the highest scoring team in our league to kick off our playoff game.

Just to polish this one off...

Finished in 6th place at 6-7, but only 4 make the playoffs. Scored only 27 points behind the league leader for the season (he went 9-4 and is the 1 seed). Scored 135 POINTS more than the third highest scoring team (the 2 seed) -- in a standard league, an average of more than 10 points per week more.

So I essentially fielded an extra 100 yards every single week relative to the rest of the league, still managed to post a losing record, and missed the playoffs.

Bull####.
Love this hobby!

These kinds of exacting outcomes are what makes it spicy. Like being a fan of a real team.

The good: Cutler had a very solid game; should wind up no worse than, what?, top 6'ish QB this week

The bad: opponent had Jeffrey, though it could've been worse.

Opponent also has Aaron Rodgers/Lynch/Forsett/Sanders. My RBs are not looking great this week (Shady & Crowell, or Hill/Gio). I'll need Jordy to catch a good share of Rodgers' production, and ODB to not be inexplicably ignored for an entire quarter+.

Users who are viewing this thread