What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Sheesh - that one play from Jeremy Hill was the difference. Take away the td and I win, the 130 yards I could absorb, but not the td. Oh well - second place money will spend well.

Eff Danny Amendola. 2 years ago I played him instead of Roddy White and lost the championship. This year I played Moncreif instead of him which looks like would've been enough to win. My least favorite player in the league now.

Great, another championship lost because I started the wrong QB (went with Ryan over Wilson). Of course, maybe I would've won anyways had Dalton not overthrown Green, causing him to get blasted in the arm (yeah, I'm blaming the ginger).

I got Luck vs Wilson

Still had a chance to win with D Thomas playing tonight, but lost by a point. Grrr.

D. Thomas had big plays called back that cost me a championship, but ultimately... Screw you Luck.

Lost both my championship final matchups... each by 3 points.

Owned Beckham in both leagues.

One loss was due to Luck having the worst fantasy performance by a QB in the modern era.

One loss was due to a nullified Jimmy Graham TD that should have counted.

Oh well... better luck next season I suppose.

i won both leagues. one by 33 and the other by 17. the one by 17 was close. he had peyton and demaryius. i didn't enjoy the game down the stretch lol.

$450 in my pocket. Best season ever for me personally.

Lost both my championship final matchups... each by 3 points.

Owned Beckham in both leagues.

One loss was due to Luck having the worst fantasy performance by a QB in the modern era.

One loss was due to a nullified Jimmy Graham TD that should have counted.

Oh well... better luck next season I suppose.
better Luck next season...good one

NoMercy said:
My three teams with Luck all made the finals, not a coincidence. Two are definite losses, one has a chance tonight with a big game from CJ. Also not a coincidence. That was shocking. The only QB that Luck outscored was Manziel, who got hurt. If only I had started Ryan Lindley instead.
Skipper, we have the same teams! One of my Luck lead teams has a chance with C.J. going nuts tonight. I can't believe how horrible Luck and the Colts were on Sunday. By the way, my other team has Romo as my #1 QB while another team Romo sat on the bench for Luck. Of course I would not bench Luck...who saw this train crash happening? Good luck with C.J.!
A little bit of magic won me the $500 prize in that league. I decided to go with CJ over Hill, and dropped Hill to play Nugent over Barth. A big game from Anderson plus the 14 points from the CIN kicking game were enough. Hope CJ got enough for you as well. Those were some nice yards on that final drive.

i had AJ Green in one of the 2 leagues. i won despite him. he left a bad taste in my mouth this season. probably wouldn't draft him next season. very unproductive.

Back to back titles, winning record 6th title. The engine that drove me to the promised land: Gronk, Demarco Murray, Odell Beckham and Demariyus Thomas. Matt Ryan had a hand these last 4 weeks.

To top it off, became a dad today for the second time to a baby girl. Somehow the fantasy championship didn't feel as exciting.

I had the most dominating season in my dynasty league's history this year.

Luck

Murray, Charles, L.Miller, J.Stewart

D.Thomas, AJ Green, J.Jones, D.Bryant, J.Gordon

J.Graham

Benched J.Jones and D.Murray for L.Miller and J.Stewart, yay, I'm a genius.

Too bad I started Luck and Green. Scored 16 points lower than my next lowest output.

2nd place. Bleh.

Won my dynasty league, which was sweet redemption because I narrowly missed the playoffs last year with a legitimate contending roster. Only needed the combo of Sanders and Hill to get a handful of points to secure the victory.

My buddy needed .6 from AJ Geen tonight. I thought that was a sure thing. Ouch.
I won on that technicality too, I'm happy I won I guess but it feels dirty/doesn't feel right.
How is scoring more points than the other team a technicality?

I guess this whole darned game is a technicality, then..?

No. You scored more points. You won fair and square. Ain't no asterix on that.

Feel bad for the other guy? Sure. But it does not diminish your win.

NoMercy said:
My three teams with Luck all made the finals, not a coincidence. Two are definite losses, one has a chance tonight with a big game from CJ. Also not a coincidence. That was shocking. The only QB that Luck outscored was Manziel, who got hurt. If only I had started Ryan Lindley instead.
Skipper, we have the same teams! One of my Luck lead teams has a chance with C.J. going nuts tonight. I can't believe how horrible Luck and the Colts were on Sunday. By the way, my other team has Romo as my #1 QB while another team Romo sat on the bench for Luck. Of course I would not bench Luck...who saw this train crash happening? Good luck with C.J.!
A little bit of magic won me the $500 prize in that league. I decided to go with CJ over Hill, and dropped Hill to play Nugent over Barth. A big game from Anderson plus the 14 points from the CIN kicking game were enough. Hope CJ got enough for you as well. Those were some nice yards on that final drive.
Indeed they were some nice yards on that final drive. C.J. played as well as can be expected, especially given that Denver fell behind which is not how they wrote the script to this game. $500 prize is great for you!

First of all I would like to thank FBG, the guys on the forum, all the sharks, editors, writers and people the put all this together so we can come discuss, laugh, and talk about our teams. It was a successful season and Thank you all for being a part of it and look forward to seeing FBG continue to prosper. Merry christmas and happy new year to everyone on this forum you are awesome !

13 total teams this season, 10 dynasty 10 playoff teams 5 championship appearances 4/5 Champion, and one 3rd place Victory. 4Championships for 13 and 4 for 14. 4 Championships and runner up = $1400

5x Division Winner, 2 High points

8/11 Champ over past two season....

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy needed .6 from AJ Geen tonight. I thought that was a sure thing. Ouch.
I won on that technicality too, I'm happy I won I guess but it feels dirty/doesn't feel right.
It is what it is, just sucks for AJ Green owners. He would have won if Alshon didn't drop all those passes. Sucks.
Yeah I am happy to have another banner. And there's plenty of examples where I got jobbed on points from my own guys, so I'll take it. I do feel bad for the other guy, since I've been there in the past, but we move on I guess.

First of all I would like to thank FBG, the guys on the forum, all the sharks, editors, writers and people the put all this together so we can come discuss, laugh, and talk about our teams. It was a successful season and Thank you all for being a part of it and look forward to seeing FBG continue to prosper. Merry christmas and happy new year to everyone on this forum you are awesome !

13 total teams this season, 10 dynasty 10 playoff teams 5 championship appearances 4/5 Champion, and one 3rd place Victory. 4Championships for 13 and 4 for 14. 4 Championships and runner up = $1400

8/11 Champ over past two season....
Impressive!

Apologies in advance but needed to whine about my gut wrenching loss during my 14 team .5PPR redraft Superbowl which cost me mucho dinero. Comfortably ahead at 3 EST on Sunday until Mike Wallace scored his 2 Tds -- Wallace who my opponent picked up and started after I had dropped him days before.

Then, I had Vinitari, Martellus Bennett and Rams D combine for negative 2.5 points -- Wound up losing by 1 pt after that last Bengals 1st down by Hill before they took a knee to end the game.

Praying for a stat correction somewhere, but obviously not my kind of luck. My other active players were Rodgers, Lacy, Gerhardt, Beckham Jr, Lafell, and Sanchez as my Superflex.

Making things worse, any of the following players on my bench would've had me win: Delanie Walker, Carolina D, Phillip RIvers, Mike Wallace (who I dropped for Amendola).

Opponent started Rothlesburger, Hill, J Charles, Charles Johnson, Mike Wallace, Matt Ryan, Heath Miller Dan Bailey and Jags D.

Final 114.9 - 113.9 Brutal

Luck

J.Graham

Benched J.Jones and D.Murray for L.Miller and

J.Stewart, yay, I'm a genius.

Too bad I started Luck and Green. Scored 16 points lower than my next lowest output.

2nd place. Bleh.
In 2011 I went 13-0 in my main keeper league and lost in the final by 6 points. I left points on the bench and my opponent had Cruz get that 99 yard TD. I still think about it sometimes! Dominating a season and finishing second feels pretty damn hollow.

Luck

J.Graham

2nd place. Bleh.
In 2011 I went 13-0 in my main keeper league and lost in the final by 6 points. I left points on the bench and my opponent had Cruz get that 99 yard TD. I still think about it sometimes! Dominating a season and finishing second feels pretty damn hollow.
Justice was served. Back in 2011, a team went 13-0 regular season and lost to the bottom seed in round 1 of the playoffs that year - then put up high scores in remainder of playoffs to finish 3rd. Except for one anomalous game he would have been 16-0. This year he won the championship against the team that dropped the anomaly on him in 2011 - and he did it with the weaker team this year. So it evens out I guess.

I had the highest scoring team in league history. In the semifinal I ran into a team on a hot streak and with Jordy and AJ Green mailing it in, I lost by 2. This week, even with AJ's 0 and my kicker and D combining for 3 points, the rest of my team showed back up and scored the third most points this year.

Frustrating as my team was the best team all year and all three chances at money were lost with blips on the radar as I doubled up the other team in the third place game.

Luck

J.Graham

2nd place. Bleh.
reminds me of the New England Patriots 18-1 season.

Andrew Luck helped me all year.

Scared the crap out of me with a zero going against Manning. Stewart and Hill rocked my Championship week!!! Both FA pickups?

I really think that going to a "team running back" slot (where you get credit for the team's RB scoring instead of the individual), might be a better way to go in today's league. I've played for 16 years, and "insert random running back here" getting the goal line work seems worse the past couple years than ever before.

I still ended up with 7 of my 8 teams in the playoffs, 3 of 7 in the championship game, and then won 2 of those games (this would be the "brag" portion of my post, lol). So I'm not just griping here due to sour grapes. But when you have an equal chance of winning by picking up Daniel Thomas in free agency as opposed to the guy who did his homework and drafted Lamar Miller over Moreno, and scenarios like that happen every Sunday, then...I dunno, it just seems like it becomes more and more about random chance and luck rather than skill. Maybe that's always been true of FF, but not to the extent we've seen this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final kick in the crotch from Shady (after getting vultured, again, earlier in the game at the GL)--gets knocked out of the game on his final carry, hitting 99 yds. No 100 yd bonus for me.

heckmanm said:
Hopkins, Wallace, Gates all with NOTHING in the first half :hot: And my opponent has Randle, who's outscoring Beckham
Gates with a little, but Wallace/Hopkins are going to kill me. 1 catch, 5 yards between them.

Oh, and the Dolphin defense making Geno ####### Smith look like Tom Brady.

heckmanm said:
Hopkins, Wallace, Gates all with NOTHING in the first half :hot: And my opponent has Randle, who's outscoring Beckham
Gates with a little, but Wallace/Hopkins are going to kill me. 1 catch, 5 yards between them.

Oh, and the Dolphin defense making Geno ####### Smith look like Tom Brady.
And now Atlanta rolls over, so Newton doesn't need to do a damn thing in the 2nd half. Perfect.

Screw you, Kelvin benjamin.

Screw you, Julius Thomas.

Screw you, Reuben Randle.

Screw you, Andre Johnson. Do you know what year this is?

Users who are viewing this thread