What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

My main league....I was 5-1coming into this week (we play doubleheaders), but I took a huge blow this week.
Lost both ends of the DH by over 30 points
Lost Javonte for the year (and don't have a lot of depth at RB)
Tua gets 2nd concussion and will likely be out for at least a few weeks.....that affects my Jaylen Waddle.
Teams are consciously taking JaMarr Chase out the game.
Dalvin Cook is already banged up.
Cousins is back to sucking. At least Brady had a good game.

Amazing how quickly your fortunes can change in a week.

Crowing:

Barring stat corrections, FRANKIE ****ING LUVU was the reason I won this week with a pick-six for thirty-eight yards. Won by 3.4 points.

I'll take it!

Grieving:

I just lost by .04 points in one league, our Summerpalooza FFA league. That's about two passing yards. Oooooof.

Last edited:
Huge comeback on MNF

Down 101.48-123.50 (-22.02)

Opponent had Stafford (-6.76)

I had Jeff Wilson (13.40)

And the 49ers DT (26.00)

Won by 10.62

Stafford's pick six was a 10 point swing

Still had to sweat it out the penultimate Rams drive bc a passing TD + passing yardage could have wiped it out, but two sacks and a fumble sealed it

My main league redraft team has been awful. 1-3 record and I have been the league low score in 3 of the 4 weeks. All-Play record is used as a tie breaker, so it does matter. The worst part is, I don't know what to do with this team...There are no fixes on the waiver wire and anything I could possibly offer in trade would be a sell low situation.

QB: Carr, Wentz - had Dak originally; picked up Wentz after those first 2 big weeks...averaging 9.5 since :crying:
RB: N. Harris, Kamara, Montgomery, Herbert, Gordon, and Warren - beat up, underperforming group. :topcat:
WR: Waddle, Sutton, M. Williams, D. Smith, Lazard - meh...not good enough especially with the slugs I have elsewhere
TE: Schultz, Thomas - usually would carry one TE, but needed to add Thomas when Schultz got sidelined...dropped Pickens to do it. Schultz graced me with a goose egg upon his return :rolleyes:
K: York - looked so promising after week 1. :mellow:
D: Green Bay - drafted Saints, thought GB was a good option last week against a team without a QB and next up NYG, NYJ, and Was. :kicksrock:

:tfp:

I don't think I've posted in this thread in its 6 year existence.

College fantasy - 5 starters out.
NFL fantasy - 5 starters out. I don't have a starting RB on my roster.

What do you even do? I drink.

Playing against Ekeler in 3 leagues, Josh Allen in 2 this week. High points scorer in multiple leagues but middling records as usual

Most frustrating year of fantasy football by far for me. In 4 leagues and will likely have only 5 wins through 5 weeks total. My teams are pretty solid but every match up my opponent seems to go off.

I just cost my team a player because I got so wrapped up in the Jets I forgot to sub out Frankie ****ING Luvu for Micah Parsons because of injury.

GD. That sucked.

3rd week in a row and 4th time overall (out of 6 weeks) where I've scored in the top 3 of the league and lost. I'm 2-4 but third in overall points, and now facing the #1 scoring team overall in Week 7. And of course he has no one on bye while I have three guys on bye.

Today is some of the worst football I’ve ever seen. I have no problem with low-scoring games if they are well-played, these are not.

I hate ff this year. Every week I am a huge favorite and every week my opponent's players score twice as much as they are predicted to score.

12 team keep 2 league(Adams, Montgomery) and I drafted 10th every round and first 4 picks were Hall,AJ Dillon,Sutton and Gordon. Not looking good for this season:(

Not sure how this site and the writers come up with their weekly game rankings but every week my team is highly ranked and supposed to score
points and almost every week the rankings here pretty much suck! They are so poor, it's not really funny.

Starting to look at other sites to see how they rank players and suggest lineups to see if someone else is better.
Year after year the rankings here stink.

Not sure how my players/team can be ranked highly, projected to score a high amount of points, and be off 25+ points most weeks.
There has not been any improvement in all the years I have been here. Like the site but the suggested lineups and rankings are
awful and the weakest part of this site.

Maybe this offseason look at your process and see where you are doing things wrong

Not sure how this site and the writers come up with their weekly game rankings but every week my team is highly ranked and supposed to score
points and almost every week the rankings here pretty much suck! They are so poor, it's not really funny.

Starting to look at other sites to see how they rank players and suggest lineups to see if someone else is better.
Year after year the rankings here stink.

Not sure how my players/team can be ranked highly, projected to score a high amount of points, and be off 25+ points most weeks.
There has not been any improvement in all the years I have been here. Like the site but the suggested lineups and rankings are
awful and the weakest part of this site.

Maybe this offseason look at your process and see where you are doing things wrong
Rankings have gone downhill since Dodds left

I hate ff this year. Every week I am a huge favorite and every week my opponent's players score twice as much as they are predicted to score.
That's just FF gods being FF gods. Everyone has that season where every.single.week you will run into some guy who has a career day, doesn't something they never did, your guy lays an egg on that one day all you needed was just anything. Its the way it randomly goes.

I am a guy that stopped playing 5-6 years ago and I have never missed it for a second. It really took something from me to enjoy the actual game when I was trying to figure out how Kuechly got a concussion (again) or how something named David Gabriel III never caught more than 1 pass in a game but the day I played him when the opponent was forced to start him, he catches 3/67/2TDs and beats me by .2 points. LOL. it is just the way.

Dynasty team lost Lance, Eli Mitchell, Javonte, Breece and Amon Ra (maybe he'll be back?). Good news (ish??) I have the 23 first of the guy with Taylor/Chase team so maybe that's going to be a mid round pick. Assumed it would be late but that's evened out by one of the other 23 firsts I have having the luck of the irish. 5-2 but 10th out of 14 in points scored/ all play record.

Redraft team was totally "matchup cursed" 4th (by 80 points over the next team) in points scored, first in points against (again by like 80 points). 3-4 and near the bottom of the standings . And this week lost Chase, Williams and Njoku who I had just traded for. WTF. Team was just starting to click. first in points scored by a ton this past week.

Time to roll those sleeves up and grind it out. Never easy.

The one time….. THE ONE TIME I needed to play Derek Carr because Herbert was on a bye and he absolutely was horrendous. Friggin awe full!
3 %#&$& points!
The over/under was 50. Shutout.
I don’t even think he crossed the 50 yard line. I thought McDaniels was an Offensive Wizard!?!

Rant over……

Thought my team was toast after losing Chase. Wrong.

Pollard, Foreman, D Cook, Cousins and Waddle. 2 receiving TDs, 8 rushing TDs and 2 passing TDs from this crew. Put up 211 this week!

Crushing my opponent behind hurts, brown, and waddle. Thanks boys
I made it interesting... I am ahead by 1 point, but he has Buffalo's Gabe still with ppr scoring... but I am going to lose to your Hurts, Brown, Waddle... and my opponent upped you CMC. (sigh).

ETA: In the end I lost by 1 point with the second highest score of the week. Meanwhile I was 2 points short of my perfect lineup because I finally sat Pitts who outscored his substitute by 2 points.

Last edited:
Crushing my opponent behind hurts, brown, and waddle. Thanks boys
I made it interesting... I am ahead by 1 point, but he has Buffalo's Gabe still with ppr scoring... but I am going to lose to your Hurts, Brown, Waddle... and my opponent upped you CMC. (sigh)

I had it won after the noon games. Up by 40 with still jones to play. It was an asskicking
I lost by less than 2 points going against that foursome. Heartbreaker. Sadly, that still means that I lost.

Team that has broken 100 points twice with 140 and 101 Other 6 weeks less than 100 points

They play me and has guys who have not done much most of the season and am losing by 40 with Mixon left for me.

Total joke! Am getting sick of fantasy football to be honest, sick of all this type of ********,
Next week that team will go back to not scoring. Have had this go on the last 3 weeks against me
Guys having big one off games and my top guys having decent days but not big.

shout out to Kadarius Toney for my Week 8 win. I was looking at Kalif Raymond or KJ Osborn starting (lost Hollywood & Mike Williams last 2 weeks); after the trade, one of my league mates picked him up, dropped Rondale Moore, and my WK8 WR3 dilemma was solved.

Had a 36+ point lead going against Mixon & Chubb. Lost by 1.8 because for whatever reason Chubb had a 2XP run instead of them just kicking the XP.

Dynasty team lost Breece, Mike Williams, and Chase. Figured I'm toast this week. Forced to start Pollard, Lat. Murray, and Slayton.

Still scored 170 pts, good for 2nd highest score of the week. (y)

But faced CMC, Henry, and Foreman and lost by 30. (n)

Now sitting at .500, 4th time this year I've faced the weekly high scorer. I'm 2nd in overall points. I'm so sick of the head-to-head format....

Faced Mixon in the only 2 leagues I'm in. This clinched it being my last year of fantasy. Faced kelce in his 4 td game and lost by 2. Just not worth the frustration anymore. Head to head leagues suck.

Apologies to Zed and Irish, won today despite facing Mixon. Luckily my opponent had little else and I had KW3 and the Pats D who put up about 60 between them.

I had Mixon and Adams lead me to high score of the week. Of course I was H2H against the low score of the week. Wish I could roll some of those points over. :ROFLMAO:

A year ago, sitting with Hurts and Tua as my dynasty QBs, reading the endless negative narratives throughout the offseason. Thought at times of putting them out there on the markdown rack for 59 cents. Held onto them :)

Users who are viewing this thread