What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Lloyd a Redskin? (1 Viewer)

Why did this thread turn into a 49ers thread? Very simply you avoid the 49ers because they have no value for your team (at least next year). My biggest question is what is the value of Campbell if he starts and what is the value of Lloyd as a #2 with Brunell or Campbell?

Campbell is an unknown, he hasn't played a down. He must look promising to Gibbs in practice or they would not be trying to move Ramsey. But until he plays it is anyone's guess.

If Campbell becomes just a functional QB, he will overall be the equal of Brunell fantasy-wise. Brunell has some good games but gets hurt and tails off in later games, having some truly bad ones.

I doubt Campbell can demonstrate enough knowledge and good judgement to be the opening day starter. I do think there's a decent possibility he'll be the starter by the end of the season, and certainly by the beginning of the following season. Just my guess from watching the Skins.

Lloyd should be a significant upgrade for Washington. It's hard to guess what fantasy numbers he will put up this year, since we don't know if it will be Brunell throwing accurately, Brunell bouncing passes, Campbell playing scared, or Campbell throwing rockets to Lloyd down the field. I'd say Lloyd has more fantasy value next year than this coming year.

Campbell is an unknown, he hasn't played a down. He must look promising to Gibbs in practice or they would not be trying to move Ramsey. But until he plays it is anyone's guess.

If Campbell becomes just a functional QB, he will overall be the equal of Brunell fantasy-wise. Brunell has some good games but gets hurt and tails off in later games, having some truly bad ones.

I doubt Campbell can demonstrate enough knowledge and good judgement to be the opening day starter. I do think there's a decent possibility he'll be the starter by the end of the season, and certainly by the beginning of the following season. Just my guess from watching the Skins.

Lloyd should be a significant upgrade for Washington. It's hard to guess what fantasy numbers he will put up this year, since we don't know if it will be Brunell throwing accurately, Brunell bouncing passes, Campbell playing scared, or Campbell throwing rockets to Lloyd down the field. I'd say Lloyd has more fantasy value next year than this coming year.
I would anticipate Lloyd putting up about 80-85% of Housh's numbers last year. They both have similar situations (except for QB) in a solid running game, a good #1 WR and good coaching. Obviously, whoever the QB is in Washington will not be as good as Palmer is but my bet is that Lloyd will put of TJ-esque numbers this season.My prediction:

65 Rec. - 775 yards - 5 TDs

why would the 49ers give up their best offensive skill player?
Same reason they shipped T.O. out. Although not to the same extreme, Lloyd has some conduct problems.
Not as bad as TO. I cant beleive they gave him up for so cheap.
TO=arguably best WR at the timeLloyd=a handful of highlight reel catches

Hardly comparable.

I would hope(not sure if true but hope) Alex Smith is their best skill position player.
Lets get this straight now. Noone said Brandon Lloyd is a good as T.O. at any point. Similar situation not similar players.Actually it seems to be good trade IMO. They did not get much more for T.O. if I can recall they got a pick and Brandon Whiting for T.O. from the Eagles. A third and fourth rounder seems like a decent deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a 49er fan, this pisses me off.

They deserve to have 3 or 4 more losing seasons.
That sounds like a homer. :rolleyes: Seriously, I was very surprised by this move but I don't know it was a bad one for either team.
Just the beer talking.As a 9er fan who hasnt paid much attention to this offseason, Im just surprised they would trade him away, and I dont like the move at all. Theres no good WRs still on the market, and they need to address OL in the draft early....where are they gonna get a WR is what Im wondering

Had to bump this.

That (POS) Brandon Lloyd trade has resulted in him being replaced by Darrel Jackson and Jason Hill.

Looking pretty good right now. :rolleyes:

Had to bump this.That (POS) Brandon Lloyd trade has resulted in him being replaced by Darrel Jackson and Jason Hill.Looking pretty good right now. :rolleyes:
Bump of the year cantidate. Lloyd isn't really that much worse a player than he was in SF. He's just missing that one ESPN highlight per game.

Had to bump this.That (POS) Brandon Lloyd trade has resulted in him being replaced by Darrel Jackson and Jason Hill.Looking pretty good right now. :rolleyes:
Bump of the year cantidate. Lloyd isn't really that much worse a player than he was in SF. He's just missing that one ESPN highlight per game.
I'm convinced the Redskins are going to be a markedly better offense this year, especially in the passing game. Whether Lloyd is a significant part of that remains to be seen.

Can we pretty much assume any move by the redskins that results in 20 "great move by redskins posts" is in fact a horrible move, and another waste of a draft pick?

How far back do we have to go to find a good move by the redskins? 2002?

Someone needs to bump the Duckett trade, and about how Portis dropped to RB21 by Dodds. "One of the best goal line RBs in the league". That stuff was classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm convinced the Redskins are going to be a markedly better offense this year, especially in the passing game. Whether Lloyd is a significant part of that remains to be seen.
With a healthy Portis and Cambell starting instead of ancient Brunell I'll agree with you...... but I think Lloyds abilities have been seen and people have been left waiting to see more. Keep waiting. Keep waiting.

Had to bump this.That (POS) Brandon Lloyd trade has resulted in him being replaced by Darrel Jackson and Jason Hill.Looking pretty good right now. :goodposting:
With a healthy Portis and Cambell starting instead of ancient Brunell I'll agree with you...... but I think Lloyds abilities have been seen and people have been left waiting to see more. Keep waiting. Keep waiting.
I can't argue with you that Lloyd's career seems to have been most defined by failure to fulfill his potential. What I hope is that this coming year, with the Saunders offense in full swing, Campbell entrenched as the starter, and a healthy Moss opposite of him, we'll see what Lloyd has to offer finally.

Giggity said:
Can we pretty much assume any move by the redskins that results in 20 "great move by redskins posts" is in fact a horrible move, and another waste of a draft pick?

How far back do we have to go to find a good move by the redskins? 2002?

Someone needs to bump the Duckett trade, and about how Portis dropped to RB21 by Dodds. "One of the best goal line RBs in the league". That stuff was classic.
The Duckett trade was not all that bad at the time. I find it very convient how everyone forgets that Betts AND Portis were hurt at the time, Betts was also still just another backup, noone was creaming their pants over him like they are now. Yes the Redskins over paid, but they had to have someone and at that point Duckett was the cheapest insurance policy.

To be fair to Lloyd, the 3rd and the 4th picks that were traded to San Francisco resulted in the following players:

2006 84 San Francisco (from Washington) Brandon Williams Wide receiver Wisconsin

2007 104 San Francisco (from Washington) Moore, Jay DE 6-5 276 Nebraska

To be fair to Lloyd, the 3rd and the 4th picks that were traded to San Francisco resulted in the following players: 2006 84 San Francisco (from Washington) Brandon Williams Wide receiver Wisconsin2007 104 San Francisco (from Washington) Moore, Jay DE 6-5 276 Nebraska
Now that takes all the fun out of it. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread