What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking News (1 Viewer)

Traders2001

Footballguy
Seahawks | D. Jackson undergoes surgery

Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:44:43 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) underwent a second, less serious knee surgery this week. His long-term prognosis appears uncertain and his knee could require a considerable amount of rest in the coming months.

I had this posted and my post was deleted . dunno why.

This is why they gave 49 millions to Burleson ...

Because one thread titled "Burleson" is enough. Try not to be coy next time and just title it appropriately. Also, it wasn't deleted. They were merged together.

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) underwent a second, less serious knee surgery this week. His long-term prognosis appears uncertain and his knee could require a considerable amount of rest in the coming months.

:lmao:

Because one thread titled "Burleson" is enough. Try not to be coy next time and just title it appropriately. Also, it wasn't deleted. They were merged together.
Agreed i just noticed it was merged.

But still ,this was actually a decent Burleson post .

I seriously need to quit fantasy football. 20 years ago nobody would have given a rat's ### about an NFL player having follow-up surgery in late-March. Now, we have 100 chumps discussing it on a Saturday morning in late-March. Fantasy football is on the downward slide now. More and more people are starting to realize how time-consuming and worthless this so-called hobby really is. Word.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously need to quit fantasy football. 20 years ago nobody would have given a rat's ### about an NFL player having follow-up surgery in late-March. Now, we have 100 chumps discussing it on a Saturday morning in late-March. Fantasy football is on the downward slide now. More and more people are starting to realize how time-consuming and worthless this so-called hobby really is. Word.
:bye:

Does that include you?

I seriously need to quit fantasy football.  20 years ago nobody would have given a rat's ### about an NFL player having follow-up surgery in late-March.  Now, we have 100 chumps discussing it on a Saturday morning in late-March.  Fantasy football is on the downward slide now.  More and more people are starting to realize how time-consuming and worthless this so-called hobby really is.  Word.
Does that include you?
No, He's quitting.You know the saying when the tough get going, Loco Barlow goes home. :lmao:

I seriously need to quit fantasy football.  20 years ago nobody would have given a rat's ### about an NFL player having follow-up surgery in late-March.  Now, we have 100 chumps discussing it on a Saturday morning in late-March.  Fantasy football is on the downward slide now.  More and more people are starting to realize how time-consuming and worthless this so-called hobby really is.  Word.
Does that include you?
No, He's quitting.You know the saying when the tough get going, Loco Barlow goes home. :lmao:

:own3d: I like it Vegas. :thumbup:

EDIT: Change GP to oVVned.

Quality board suicide here. :thumbup:
Code:
You know what fantasy football was in my day?  It was that my brother-in-law would shut his pie-hole for 3 hours so I could watch the game.  It was buying Bart Starr's car, who bought it from the guy, who bought it from the guy, who bought it from Bart!

You're probably just a pissed off dynasty owner that blew your load banking on Barlow becoming a superstar, only to end up with a ####ty RB3 on the worst franchise in football. :bye:

Here is the full text from the Sando blog.
Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson underwent a second, less serious surgical procedure on his knee this week. There was apparently some flaking in the knee that needed to be cleaned out. I would expect Jackson to be ready for the season, but in the meantime he'll probably rest the knee quite a bit. This could be a situation where he does not practice much in training camp. I'm not sure what it means for Jackson's long-term health. We'll definitely want to keep a close watch on him. Jackson missed 10 games last season after undergoing a more serious knee surgery. This followup procedure was conducted in the doctor's office.
If this is a less serious surgical procedure and this is March, I would think he'll be fine. The first too DAJX out of action for ten weeks and he didn't look too bad in the playoffs. He has three full months and change just to training camp so I think Sando is speculating and he is also known to be very cautious in that speculation.

THE BLIP IN ITS ENTIRETY:Jackson has second surgery | Subscribe

Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson underwent a second, less serious surgical procedure on his knee this week. There was apparently some flaking in the knee that needed to be cleaned out. I would expect Jackson to be ready for the season, but in the meantime he'll probably rest the knee quite a bit. This could be a situation where he does not practice much in training camp. I'm not sure what it means for Jackson's long-term health. We'll definitely want to keep a close watch on him. Jackson missed 10 games last season after undergoing a more serious knee surgery. This followup procedure was conducted in the doctor's office.

Posted by mikesando Mar 25, 2006 8:59 am

Unfortunately, gotta bump D-Jax down a few notches - just how far down depends on all of the circumstances around the knee procedure (of course).

Hate to do it because he delivers quality PPG numbers when you can start him, hopefully he's fine for training camp.

God's little karmic joke for trying to screw the Vikings, and for us being the cry babies of the league. :rolleyes:
Not a Seahawks fan here, but I stand by what they have done every step of the way. They were robbed in the SB, and they were robbed of Hutch. Besides, wasn't Hasselbeck's hair enough punishment for one team?

And here I thought it started the slide when Barlow was hyped as the next Shaun Alexander. ;)

THE BLIP IN ITS ENTIRETY:

Jackson has second surgery | Subscribe

That's certainly better than a back alley.

Here's the blurb.

I didn't know he was still having problems with his knee. This certainly doesn't look very good for the Hawks.

:excited: WHAT ?

:eek:

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded." -- Yogi Berra

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded." -- Yogi Berra
That's the exact quote that came to my mind! :lmao:

THE BLIP IN ITS ENTIRETY:

Jackson has second surgery | Subscribe

That's certainly better than a back alley.
And more optimistic than if it was done at a hospital or surgical center.

Seahawks | D. Jackson out until training camp

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:14:33 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Seattle Seahawks WR Darrell Jackson (knee) will be out until training camp, according to head coach Mike Holmgren. He said he would not be surprised to see the team draft a wide receiver sometime from the third-round on.

Users who are viewing this thread