What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaston in for a big game? (1 Viewer)

jcaleo

Footballguy
Got this off Rotoworld....pretty interesting

According to STATS Inc., Kurt Warner has been blitzed 135 times this season with 96 completions (71.1%), 10 touchdowns, one interception, and four sacks.

Figure Jim Johnson loves his blitzes, gotta figure Breaston will see lots of targets out of the slot espically with the chance of Samuel being out (no practice today) Could be a nice match up.

Thoughts?

I'm starting him over Braylon Edwards, but that isn't saying much. (and, although irrelevant for anyone else, the decision is largely based on the league format where each player is available twice, and one of my opponents is starting Breaston against me)

This is an old thread but the question bears repeating.

And why does FBG continue to rank him so low?

BRONG said:
This is an old thread but the question bears repeating. And why does FBG continue to rank him so low?
Fantastic question. I dropped Cotchery for Breaston so I can start Warner, Fitz and Breaston. He gets consistently more targets that Cotchery and a great many other players. Plus, he (unlike Terrell Owens, Braylon Edwards, etc) makes the most of his targets and actually catches the ball.Sure, he might (technically) be #3, but on this offense, I'll take it, especially now that I have 2 of the 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
right now I'm leaning towards starting Breaston over Santana Moss (despite good matchup vs Bengals) because of the following factors:

-Warner is 10x the QB Campbell is right now

-Its easier to catch a ball in a dome than the windy conditions in Ohio right now

-I too believe the Vikings will blitz, and Kurt tends to throw the short/slant balls to either Boldin or Breaston

FWIW, I have to choose two of Holmes/Edwards/Breaston. I'm benching Braylon and expect 5/80 from Breaston.
I went with Bess over Breaston, last minute. 80/90 for Breaston is what I was thinking too. More upside I think with Bess so I went for it. Never woulda guessed I'd be deciding between those two in the playoffs...

FWIW, I have to choose two of Holmes/Edwards/Breaston. I'm benching Braylon and expect 5/80 from Breaston.
I went with Bess over Breaston, last minute. 80/90 for Breaston is what I was thinking too. More upside I think with Bess so I went for it. Never woulda guessed I'd be deciding between those two in the playoffs...
I would have made the same call, but Bess is locked on my tax squad.

Users who are viewing this thread