What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brees (1 Viewer)

Scorehoard

Footballguy
Look who is back!! Drew Brees has seen his share of downs this season but wk. 6 was a new beginning as well as a continuation to last season. The Saints and Packers will flip flop their positions. N.O. will now be the team on fire and GB will be the team struggling for a victory. Look out!!!!!! A Brees is moving in...

Look who is back!! Drew Brees has seen his share of downs this season but wk. 6 was a new beginning as well as a continuation to last season. The Saints and Packers will flip flop their positions. N.O. will now be the team on fire and GB will be the team struggling for a victory. Look out!!!!!! A Brees is moving in...
Two big stats from that game.... 0 sacks and he played the entire game with the lead. Give Brees time and he'll find guys. If he's playing from ahead and the D has to respect the play action fakes I don't think there are a lot of guys better in the league. Make him pull the ball down or give him a deficit to overcome and you're in trouble.

I realize that New Orleans' win vs. the Seahawks on the road was a tremendous victory and all...but has everyone forgotten how bad the Saints were in the second half? 103 yards of offense on 37 plays and 0 points. If it wasn't for Seattle's total ineptitude, the Saints would have lost and I don't think we'd even be having this discussion.

Several points:1) It was one game.2) Brees barely found his WRs (this is NOT like 2006 where Colston, Henderson and even Copper were ripping teams). Yes he got locked onto Patten late - but most of his passes (13 of his 25) went to RBs or TEs. While he played much better, he still doesn't seem comfortable enough with his O-line to allow his WRs to get open on deeper routes. When Colston and co. start catching 50+ yarders, THEN we can say back to 2006 form. Don't get me wrong, this is certainly a step in the right direction, but a little soon to say "He's BAAACCCK!"

I realize that New Orleans' win vs. the Seahawks on the road was a tremendous victory and all...but has everyone forgotten how bad the Saints were in the second half? 103 yards of offense on 37 plays and 0 points. If it wasn't for Seattle's total ineptitude, the Saints would have lost and I don't think we'd even be having this discussion.
Nah, the Saints shut it down on offense the entire 4th quarter. They pretty much moved the ball at will.I still have doubts about the offensive line though. I don't think Brees is back to 2006 form.

I think the problem has been the Wrs. He needs Colston to get healthy because he is a non-factor right now. Henderson has dropped too many balls. Moore is ok but is not a game breaker. He needs Meachem to get into the starting lineup soon and Colston to get healthy.

az_prof said:
I think the problem has been the Wrs. He needs Colston to get healthy because he is a non-factor right now. Henderson has dropped too many balls. Moore is ok but is not a game breaker. He needs Meachem to get into the starting lineup soon and Colston to get healthy.
The OLine has been much more of a problem.Devery Henderson is useless without an Oline that can give Brees enough time for Devery to get into his deep routes. That didn't happen at all during the first 3 games. Since then, the Saints are running shorter routes.Meachem will not see the starting lineup this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree, he or the Saints are not back.

Seattle was there for the taking. They played Pittsburgh the week before and looked awful and didn't score a point. People thought that it was because they just played Pittsburgh and they're good but would get healthy vs. New Orleans.

Nada, Seattle is going no where fast. Their passing game is falling apart, their running game isn't even close to what it used to be and their defense isn't scaring anybody.

New Orleans was a desperate team taking advantage of a team who's overrated. I look for Seattle to stay in this tailspin and the Saints to continue to play shakey football. I see the Saints winning 6 to 7 games this year.

Users who are viewing this thread