What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Farve throwing motion same as Tebow's? Just watch, what you (1 Viewer)

t8knovr

Footballguy
Brett Farve throwing motion same as Tebow's? Just watch, what you think?

Not to beat a dead horse about throwing motion, but I noticed something last night on ESPN about Brett Favre. They showed a highlight and I noticed this future HOF QB’s throwing motion. So I did a youtube search for Farve highlights. In Favre's throwing motion, I saw everything people criticize Tebow about. Farve holds the ball too low in front, chest level; drops the low to his hip; loops the ball and arm around in a circular motion before releasing the ball. Now Tebows motion is…or should I say was.. more exaggerated than Favre's, but the point still remains…Farve has the same throwing motion Tebow (except righty) is being bashed for and is told he won’t succeed because of it. Its worked for Farve…Nobody has corrected his motion. At least Tebow is busting his butt to correct his.

Watch and tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfaKoaAGNbo

How does this make you feel about Tebow’s new motion and/or if he were to go back to his old motion as D.Marino says he will?

I feel even better about Tebow and his ability to make throws in the NFL. Plus I’m also of the mind that I don’t care if my QB throws under hand as long as he completes 65-70%, Can make every throw, Throws few INTs, and can lead the team to wins. Seems to me Tebow was a pretty darn good passer, making every throw, throwing TDs, NOT throwing INTs, and willing his team to wins….in the SEC. (which everyone seems to say is the same as the NFL, except the SEC Players just get paid more). Not to mention everything he can do with his feet.

So I say to Tebow….Throw the Ball anyway you want as long as it works and Broncos win.

I've always wondered if Tebow's motion really makes his release slower than anyone else's. Whenever ESPN or whatever does their little comparisons where they show the difference between his throwing motion and a normal QB's throwing motion, they always use freeze-frames of the ball at its lowest point and show that its down lower. I've never actually seen them put a timer next to it, or put them side by side while trying to point that out.

If anything I was watching one time where they were again showing how much lower he dropped the ball, and they started the side-by-side videos at the same time, played them together, then froze it when they were both at the bottom of their throwing motion (at the same time), and then played it out to their release. The actual time it took from start to finish was the same.

Isn't it entirely possible that someone moves their arm faster than another person resulting in a quicker release? Or if he holds it lower to start he gets to that "bottom spot" quicker which makes the release time the same?

I dunno, it would be interesting to see it side by side with a stopwatch and see if it actually is any slower, and if so by how much, and whether or not that difference is the same as many other quarterbacks have between each other without anyone harping on it.

Hardly similar IMO. The biggest difference between the two is the ease at which Favre throws the ball while Tebow looks like every throw is difficult for him.

And FARVE?? REALLY?

Hardly similar IMO. The biggest difference between the two is the ease at which Favre throws the ball while Tebow looks like every throw is difficult for him. And FARVE?? REALLY?
Yeah...not really even close.Not on the motion...release points might be about the only thing similar and where they hold the ball.Favre had a quick enough release...and 10X the arm strength that Tebow will ever have.

In a related development, Tim Tebow announced today that he is not sure if he will come back for his first season in the NFL. He hopes to let the Denver Broncos know soon.

I noticed the same thing a while back.

The big difference is Favre's motion is quick, powerful, and well, he is Favre. He can get away with less than ideal form.

In a related development, Tim Tebow announced today that he is not sure if he will come back for his first season in the NFL. He hopes to let the Denver Broncos know soon.
Tebow has commited to playing in Denver for '10, wait he retired, wait he changed his mind again, now he says he's not sure he just wants to ride his tractor.

Tebow has commited to playing in Denver for '10, wait he retired, wait he changed his mind again, now he says he's not sure he just wants to ride his tractor.
huh-huh... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!shutup

Users who are viewing this thread