What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Westbrook basically played 14 games last year (1 Viewer)

Buck Bradcanon

Footballguy
im still debating my first pick for tomorrow night so i thought id share something on westy that i came across

everyone sees him as an injury risk and perhaps deservedly so..but why not see this as a positive? my point is in my PPR league last year he finished as RB4, but he basically played in only 14 games. he skipped one entirely... but then in week 17 Phi was i think locked into their playoff position and he had 1 carry and 1 catch.

so while the injury knock on westy is in fact very legitimate, what happens if/when he does play all 16?

for the record, reggie similarly saw limited action in week 17, with NO having sewn up the #2 spot. just for contrast sake to help my point, FWP had 37 carries in week 17.

this may not be anything major, but im looking for any slight notion to differentiate b/t these middle round 1 RBs at this point, and i found this interesting in my research. as an aside, Buckhalter and Hunt can be had for a bag of chips if you wish to handcuff.

It's easy to forget these things. This year, I'm going to try to remember to make a note of every player that sits for most of a game so that I'll adjust PPG accordingly when I look at the numbers the next summer. By the time I get to the summer, I've long forgotten what happened in week 17.

as an aside, Buckhalter and Hunt can be had for a bag of chips if you wish to handcuff.
Are they very valuable as handcuffs though? Guys like Betts & Turner are great cuffs but in this case it's two guys sharing the load, so you are getting 1/2 an RB. Also, will Westy get GL looks this season?

Last edited by a moderator:
H.K. said:
fo shizzle said:
as an aside, Buckhalter and Hunt can be had for a bag of chips if you wish to handcuff.
Are they very valuable as handcuffs though? Guys like Betts & Turner are great cuffs but in this case it's two guys sharing the load, so you are getting 1/2 an RB. Also, will Westy get GL looks this season?
agree on maybe not handcuffing at all.. depends on league rules though. there were 81 RBs drafted in my league last year, which obviously includes a lot of handcuffs.JWood would be the one with philly GL stats, but i dont think his TD production comes from the goalline. he will score 4 or 5 rushing and the same receiving, and they will usually start somewhere outside the 5..

fo shizzle said:
im still debating my first pick for tomorrow night so i thought id share something on westy that i came across everyone sees him as an injury risk and perhaps deservedly so..but why not see this as a positive? my point is in my PPR league last year he finished as RB4, but he basically played in only 14 games. he skipped one entirely... but then in week 17 Phi was i think locked into their playoff position and he had 1 carry and 1 catch. so while the injury knock on westy is in fact very legitimate, what happens if/when he does play all 16? for the record, reggie similarly saw limited action in week 17, with NO having sewn up the #2 spot. just for contrast sake to help my point, FWP had 37 carries in week 17. this may not be anything major, but im looking for any slight notion to differentiate b/t these middle round 1 RBs at this point, and i found this interesting in my research. as an aside, Buckhalter and Hunt can be had for a bag of chips if you wish to handcuff.
In the 14 games he did play in (really 13 games week 17 he did not play complete game only a few snaps)...he was rated 8th in points in ppr leagues..If he play that week 4 game and 17 complete he would of been around 4 best in FFP's.2006: point leaders ppr leaguesLTSJLJP.ManningD.BreesGoreHarrisonWestbrook

H.K. said:
fo shizzle said:
agree on maybe not handcuffing at all.. depends on league rules though. there were 81 RBs drafted in my league last year, which obviously includes a lot of handcuffs.JWood would be the one with philly GL stats, but i dont think his TD production comes from the goalline. he will score 4 or 5 rushing and the same receiving, and they will usually start somewhere outside the 5..
2006 GL stats1 Brian Westbrook 7 rsh 10 yds 2 TD & 2 targets for 2 recepts 8 yds 1 TD2 Correll Buckhalter 6 rsh 3 yds 2 TD & no targets3 Ryan Moats rb 2006 1 rsh 0 yds 0 TD & no targets4 Thomas Tapeh rb 2006 1 rsh 0 yds 0 TD 1 target for 0 receptsWesty got three TD's in close, Hunt may be used more at the stripe as last season they did not have him as an option.

H.K. said:
fo shizzle said:
2006 GL stats1 Brian Westbrook 7 rsh 10 yds 2 TD & 2 targets for 2 recepts 8 yds 1 TD2 Correll Buckhalter 6 rsh 3 yds 2 TD & no targets3 Ryan Moats rb 2006 1 rsh 0 yds 0 TD & no targets4 Thomas Tapeh rb 2006 1 rsh 0 yds 0 TD 1 target for 0 receptsWesty got three TD's in close, Hunt may be used more at the stripe as last season they did not have him as an option.
Have to agree about Hunt..he had a very good camp..thinking he will be the GL and SD RB... to give Westy a break.

thanks for the Hunt info. in my mind i see a slight dip in TDs from 11 overall to 6 or 7.

cant explain this but i am both willing to concede that last year looks like a career year for westy and wanting to draft him..

thanks for the Hunt info. in my mind i see a slight dip in TDs from 11 overall to 6 or 7.cant explain this but i am both willing to concede that last year looks like a career year for westy and wanting to draft him..
I think Westy is hitting his stride and will have an even better year. He is an HP stud and if McNabb plays all year....watch out.Westy has a great shot at a top 3 finish this season.

Westy,Bush, or FWP in a 0.5PPR for RBs league?I'm struggling!
I'm in the same boat with the 7th pick in a 10 team league. I believe at least two of these guys will be avaliable and maybe even all three. I was sold on FWP earlier, but i've been thinking harder lately about taking Westbrook first. In a 1 ppr league I think I would go Westbrook, Parker, Bush. In your .5 ppr league I would probably go Parker, Westbrook, Bush just because of the injury risk to Westbrook. I know Reggie is high on the list of most everyone in this forum, but I still think in most leagues you can get him in the first part of round 2 which is why I would consider passing on him in round one if I was drafting in the last half of the draft. You just might be able to grab him on the way back in round 2 which would make for a very strong start.

I am drafting in the 3rd slot in 1 hr - my VBD cheatsheet has Bush, then Westbrook, then addai as 3-5 -its a ppr league with rushing TD's =6 and 1pt per 10yds rush and rec - who would u take?

I realize all have questions but really struggling with this

I am drafting in the 3rd slot in 1 hr - my VBD cheatsheet has Bush, then Westbrook, then addai as 3-5 -its a ppr league with rushing TD's =6 and 1pt per 10yds rush and rec - who would u take? I realize all have questions but really struggling with this
Larry Johnson or Gore

When it is close, I use the bye week to help.Bush - 4Westy - 5FWP - 6Why does it matter?Well, what other RBs are you going to get on your team - that's important to know."4" is important to me because I like FTaylor and Deuce. If I take Bush, I'll be squeezed Week 4."5" is pretty clean, as I won't get Rudi and Westy, and the only other RB I might target is either ADP or LJordan."6" is pretty populated - 6 teams off Week 6. Buf, Det, Indy, Denver and SF. There are RB2 issues that could come up (Lynch and Tatum Bell).This is one of the reasons I go Westbrook.Also, at WR, I don't have a Top 20 WR with a "5" aside from Cincy. There's MANY WRs with 6, and Colston is a 4. Just things to think about, but I like going Westy whenever I can to maximize flexibility. I also see plenty of upside because of his stellar PPG numbers.

When it is close, I use the bye week to help.Bush - 4Westy - 5FWP - 6Why does it matter?Well, what other RBs are you going to get on your team - that's important to know."4" is important to me because I like FTaylor and Deuce. If I take Bush, I'll be squeezed Week 4."5" is pretty clean, as I won't get Rudi and Westy, and the only other RB I might target is either ADP or LJordan."6" is pretty populated - 6 teams off Week 6. Buf, Det, Indy, Denver and SF. There are RB2 issues that could come up (Lynch and Tatum Bell).This is one of the reasons I go Westbrook.Also, at WR, I don't have a Top 20 WR with a "5" aside from Cincy. There's MANY WRs with 6, and Colston is a 4. Just things to think about, but I like going Westy whenever I can to maximize flexibility. I also see plenty of upside because of his stellar PPG numbers.
:ph34r: Like that idea Jeff..I always get jammed up on 2 minute live drafts with those bye weeks!

fo shizzle said:
im still debating my first pick for tomorrow night so i thought id share something on westy that i came across

everyone sees him as an injury risk and perhaps deservedly so..but why not see this as a positive? my point is in my PPR league last year he finished as RB4, but he basically played in only 14 games. he skipped one entirely... but then in week 17 Phi was i think locked into their playoff position and he had 1 carry and 1 catch.

so while the injury knock on westy is in fact very legitimate, what happens if/when he does play all 16?

for the record, reggie similarly saw limited action in week 17, with NO having sewn up the #2 spot. just for contrast sake to help my point, FWP had 37 carries in week 17.

this may not be anything major, but im looking for any slight notion to differentiate b/t these middle round 1 RBs at this point, and i found this interesting in my research. as an aside, Buckhalter and Hunt can be had for a bag of chips if you wish to handcuff.
Has he ever?

fo shizzle said:

Has he ever?
No, just 15, 15, 13, 12 and 15.

fo shizzle said:

Has he ever?
No, just 15, 15, 13, 12 and 15.
In the season where he only played 13 games, two of those were "DNP - Coach's Decision", since the Eagles had already locked up HFA and were resting their starters. In 5 seasons, only once has he missed more than 1 game due to injury. He's actually missed below the average number of games for an NFL starting RB.

:confused: JP, I like this! Thanks for the input.

H.K. said:
fo shizzle said:
He didn't get them last year.

It's easy to forget these things. This year, I'm going to try to remember to make a note of every player that sits for most of a game so that I'll adjust PPG accordingly when I look at the numbers the next summer. By the time I get to the summer, I've long forgotten what happened in week 17.
This blog post displays all RBs' fantasy points per quarter played.

Users who are viewing this thread