What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Browns Looking To Resign Droughns Long Term (1 Viewer)

Bloom

link
They'll work to get a new, long-term contract for 1,000-yard rusher Reuben Droughns, whose current contract goes through the '06 season. Orpheus Roye's agent was in Cleveland in late December, and Savage said the sides were close to a deal but didn't finalize it. Roye is eligible for free agency in March. "Orpheus is in our plans and we want him back," Savage said. "I think he'd like to be here. He's a good guy for our team. We burned no bridges with Orpheus and his people." Savage said he's not opposed to bringing back free agents Antonio Bryant and L.J. Shelton and thinks both players would like to return if things work out.

The Browns would be crazy not to bring back Droughns, I think he is a quality back and is better than anyone else they have. Bryant I am less enthused about. He's a good WR but potentially a troublemaker. That said, the Steelers could use another wideout. ;)

I think the Browns should bring both of these guys back - both know the system, produced, are still young, and probably aren't super-expensive yet. Seems like the ideal guys to sign to me.

That should put a damper on Suggs residual value if any - and Chester taylor can't be too happy either...

Good news! Droughns is hard-working and a tough runnerBryant, has great athletic ability (big, fast, great moves), but MUST work in the offseason on making the tough catch (in traffic, only using hands). He seems to use his body ALOT when catching passes.

Good news! Droughns is hard-working and a tough runner

Bryant, has great athletic ability (big, fast, great moves), but MUST work in the offseason on making the tough catch (in traffic, only using hands). He seems to use his body ALOT when catching passes.
Does he drop them as a result? Do they get knocked away more often? Does it limit his speed after the catch? I rarely see Browns games, so these are honest questions.I just remember nobody in the NHL wanting to give Hasek a chance because he did everything the wrong way: dropping his stick, using his blocker glove to pick up the puck, and flopping on his back - stuff that everyone knows is wrong for a goalie.

Users who are viewing this thread