What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bruno Mars to be Super Halftime act this year (1 Viewer)

Foo Fighters were busy?
Black Eyed Peas, Madonna, Shakira, Keith Urban, Ryan Seacrest, Bruno Mars. The target audience=middle-aged white suburbanite women.
i woulda figured "Target Audience" as men 25 to 54....you know, the people actually watching the SB.

and i agree: Bruno Mars will get you soccer mom, hipster doofus, and Gen Y co-eds.

I have honest to God never heard of this dude until today. I thought I was still somewhat in tune with pop culture and music. He seems to have a small devoted following but not as huge as Beyonce and the other past acts.

I guess they are running out of vanilla acts that will not cause a stir

This all stems from the fact that a good chunk of you #####es watch the SuperBowl with your girlfriends/wives

Bunch of #######.

I have honest to God never heard of this dude until today. I thought I was still somewhat in tune with pop culture and music. He seems to have a small devoted following but not as huge as Beyonce and the other past acts.

If someone has done the host/musical act SNL double, it's a safe bet that he or she is a pretty big pop star. You'd have to pretty studiously avoid pop music to have not heard of him.

Best mars:

Veronica, Bruno, Blackmon, Bar

If someone has done the host/musical act SNL double, it's a safe bet that he or she is a pretty big pop star. You'd have to pretty studiously avoid pop music to have not heard of him.
Music is getting too fractured for one act to permeate the noise and be universally recognized by all demographics.

Looking at the list of the top selling albums of all time, there is only one album in the top 15 in the 21st century. And its the Beatles.

In the top 40 most selling albums of all time, only one modern artist is listed. Adele with the album 21 (2011), ranked at #36. Norah Jones: Come Away With me (2002) is ranked at #43. Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory (2000) is ranked #49. Eninem: The Marshal Mathers LP (2000) is ranked at #54. Britney Spears: Oops I Did It Again (2000) is ranked #58. Usher: Confessions (2004) is ranked #70. That's it. Unless you want to say the 21st century started in 2001, then only 3 albums made the top 70 this century.

Bruno Mars sold 6 million copies of Doo-Wops & Hooligans, and 4 million copies of Unorthodox Jukebox. #70 on the best selling list of albums, Usher, sold 20 million by comparison.

Don't we have a thread like this every year? You're not going to be able to please everybody.

And who really cares? During the Superbowl I use halftime to rehydrate and/or apologize to everyone for what I probably said in the first half.

Foo Fighters were busy?
Black Eyed Peas, Madonna, Shakira, Keith Urban, Ryan Seacrest, Bruno Mars. The target audience=middle-aged white suburbanite women.
i woulda figured "Target Audience" as men 25 to 54....you know, the people actually watching the SB.

and i agree: Bruno Mars will get you soccer mom, hipster doofus, and Gen Y co-eds.
you know who is going to watch the super bowl regardless of the halftime entertainment? men 25-54

Foo Fighters were busy?

Most 25-54 year old men are already gonna watch the super bowl, regardless of the halftime act.

So to appeal to the women of the world with the Bruno Mars type seems like a smart move on the nfl's part?

Best mars:

Veronica, Bruno, Blackmon, Bar

Music is getting too fractured for one act to permeate the noise and be universally recognized by all demographics.

Looking at the list of the top selling albums of all time, there is only one album in the top 15 in the 21st century. And its the Beatles.

In the top 40 most selling albums of all time, only one modern artist is listed. Adele with the album 21 (2011), ranked at #36. Norah Jones: Come Away With me (2002) is ranked at #43. Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory (2000) is ranked #49. Eninem: The Marshal Mathers LP (2000) is ranked at #54. Britney Spears: Oops I Did It Again (2000) is ranked #58. Usher: Confessions (2004) is ranked #70. That's it. Unless you want to say the 21st century started in 2001, then only 3 albums made the top 70 this century.
So get the beattles for next year

Don't we have a thread like this every year? You're not going to be able to please everybody.

And who really cares? During the Superbowl I use halftime to rehydrate and/or apologize to everyone for what I probably said in the first half.
I dunno if it really helps the music industry to have Bruno Mars out there. Might be good for his fans, but for everyone else, it risks reminding people just how irrelevant modern music is.

I dunno if it really helps the music industry to have Bruno Mars out there. Might be good for his fans, but for everyone else, it risks reminding people just how irrelevant modern music is.
:lmao: Damn kids with their hair and their music. Come on.

The year they announce the halftime show will be Neo-Nazis stomping on puppies with a New Radicals tribute band providing musical backing is the year I really give a tin ####.

They had been focusing on big, internationally established brand name artists that in many cases spanned multiple decades and years of recording albums.

Bruno Mars has been a recording artist for what? 3 years tops? Even though they sold like hotcakes, he has put out only like 2 albums so far in his career. I like his music well enough but definitely seems like an abrupt shift in approach compared to the past artists.

:lmao: Damn kids with their hair and their music. Come on.
I'm not talking about that. I'm just saying he hasn't sold a lot of records. So he's relatively an unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread