What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buffalo Wild Wings (3 Viewers)

Went Monday with the family. Tried the combo bone in and boneless for the first time.  was not a fan of the boneless.  The wings are always pretty meaty, just depends on getting the right sauce that day.  Also a great place to take a two month old because it's pretty loud in there and no one will hear the screaming. 
DUDE!  I have a lot of respect for you, but getting boneless wings is a #### move.  Just get the tenders man, just get the tenders. 

I felt the same way the first time I went. Burger was amazing, wings were meh. Didn't go back for years, tried it again a couple years ago and only did wings and came away underwhelmed again.

Might need to go back and have the burger again.

There for the first time a few nights ago for a fantasy draft. Ordered boneless wings and fries. I never order boneless but didn't want to sauce up the stickers.

Ive had better nuggets at McDonald's than those boneless wings. Fries too. 

Probably will never go back
:bs:

I go there often on Tuesdays (1/2 priced wings). Mango Habanero and Asian Zing sauces are great. 

My favorite thing there is actually the chips and salsa. The best salsa I've ever had. 

I've only been there once and we tried a few things and a sampler appetizer- remember being pleasantly surprised with just about everything.  Nothing special but I'd go back again.  I think my MIL got the boneless wings and they were pretty good.

Get salt and vinegar on the fries and thank me later.

i really like the wings but can understand how some of you connoissuers think there just meh.  My palate as far as wings are concerned just isn't as sophisticated as some of yours.

Have  One right around the corner....always solid if not spectacular. Very consistent in my experi nce

buffalo chips + cheese with a buffalo blue burger. Hot wing sauce on the burger and to dip the chips in   :wub:

live in a college town so has that going for it as well

We had our draft at BWW the other night. I had never been there before. No lie... maybe the best burger + fries combo I've ever had. Oddly enough, their wings sucked.
had a group of friends that I used to go there with for wing night.  one of our buddies would always contemplate getting the burger instead of wings.  it became a running joke.  idk, cool story bro.

Have you guys tried the new #BroBurger at Buffalo Wild Wings? Had one at my draft the other night -- delicious. Cold beer and big breasts too. #BWW #ad

Last edited by a moderator:
We go to the local one once in a while on Thursday nights when it is like .50 boneless wing night.  It is kind of cool to get 4 of this flavor--4 of this flavor and just mix it up with 5-6 types of wings  for under $20.00. They have the bar trivia thing which I rule at and their beer is decent priced.

Going there on non-special nights you can drop $75.00--$85.00 and not blink an eye--so no thanks to that.

Anybody who drops 85 bucks at Buffalo Wild Wings should be removed from the gene pool. 
My wife and I took my daughter and her boyfriend to B-Dubs to watch a Michigan NCAA game last spring.  Our tab was around 75-80 dollars.  When I got to the car I said we just spent 100 dollars with tip for basically some chicken mcnuggets with sauce, fries and some draft beer.  Never again..plus both the boneless and regular wing were  substandard. 

Unless you don't have Sunday Ticket and like to drink and your apt. is within walking distance...

or I'm a goner.  
I would think most people live near a much better local place and don't have to resort to BDubs, maybe I am wrong on that though.

Weird, I know little about New Haven but I expected lots of cool restaurants and bars. 
There aren't very many except on Church St. and around the campus. Those having the Sunday Ticket are/were few and far between. It wasn't really that type of clientele. North Haven and West or East Haven maybe, but not really downtown.  

I actually like their wings and the variety of sauceS. :shrug:

Curry, mango habenero, and jerk are the ****.

Mediocre wings, good atmosphere, tons of tvs, great sauces and there is one about a 1/2 mile from me that's never over crowded.  I like as hot as you can get on the sauce and their Blazin' is miles hotter than the XXX at Hooters so if I have to pick between the 2, I'll choose BDubs.  

BW3 is perfect for travel. Lots of sports, consistent menu, Keto options. 
What is listed on the menu may be consistent, but the way it is cooked from place to place is far from it.  Burgers at the one closest to me seem like the your average frozen patty you can buy in bulk at one of the big warehouse stores and usually come out black, crispy, and dry...always over cooked.  The burgers at the Bdubs the next town over doesn't overcook them, so they are tolerable, but far from great.  Wings are average, nothing special which is a shame since this place is first and foremost a wing place.

Mediocre wings, good atmosphere, tons of tvs, great sauces and there is one about a 1/2 mile from me that's never over crowded.  I like as hot as you can get on the sauce and their Blazin' is miles hotter than the XXX at Hooters so if I have to pick between the 2, I'll choose BDubs.  
Man, I don't know how you can eat the Blazin' sauce. I had the 2nd-hottest sauce and I was dying. Just smelling it clears out your sinuses.

Man, I don't know how you can eat the Blazin' sauce. I had the 2nd-hottest sauce and I was dying. Just smelling it clears out your sinuses.
It's absolutely one of the hottest sauces I've had anywhere.  I'm sure there are much worse, but it ranks up there.

Usually just the first one is the one that hurts.  After that, your mouth is done being heat-raped and broken in a bit which makes the rest of the batch more tolerable.

It's absolutely one of the hottest sauces I've had anywhere.  I'm sure there are much worse, but it ranks up there.

Usually just the first one is the one that hurts.  After that, your mouth is done being heat-raped and broken in a bit which makes the rest of the batch more tolerable.
It's rough but doable.  Eating it isn't what deters me, it's the ring burner the next day

I am in a town that is 2.5 hours from a BWW.  The best wings in my town (that aren't smothered in carb-flour) are Pizza Hut.  I'd be at BWW all the time if they were close. :(

The best way to describe BWW is "a pretty good sports bar that also serves food".  I'm not a big wing guy but I've found their wings are decent.  The rest of their menu is pretty meh.  RN must have hit the burger jackpot if his was so great.

It's a clean, sterile environment to sit at a bar with astounding beer selection and be left alone to read or fart around on your phone.  Happy hour 3-6 to have giant beers of the month at $4.95 and any sporting event you want.  Traditional wings should be ordered with a light dry rub with sides of Asian zing and Carribean jerk to dip into.  It is what it is.  Complaining about it is dumb.  Just don't go.  Stock had performed well in spite of your negative Urban Spoon reviews.  They know what they're doing.

It's a clean, sterile environment to sit at a bar with astounding beer selection and be left alone to read or fart around on your phone.  Happy hour 3-6 to have giant beers of the month at $4.95 and any sporting event you want.  Traditional wings should be ordered with a light dry rub with sides of Asian zing and Carribean jerk to dip into.  It is what it is.  Complaining about it is dumb.  Just don't go.  Stock had performed well in spite of your negative Urban Spoon reviews.  They know what they're doing.
Good posting. Reminds me of the goons that diss Olive Garden because the food isn't made from scratch by some 90 year old mustache-Pete grandma.

Most BWWs have a good beer selection. No, they aren't going to have 25 elite-artisanal-hipster craft beers on tap but they'll have a decent variety that will have something for pretty much everyone.  

(Our local BWW has 36 beer handles)

General Malaise said:
They've got great sauces still and a nice sports watching concept. 10~15 years ago the place was awesome, great wings for cheap (25 cent night!), great beer selection before the micro brew craze took off, #### ton of tv's with every game. Now everybody has got wings and 20 different local brews on tap so they aren't unique anymore.

Victims of their own success, wing craze drove up prices and drove down quality and size. Too much franchizing, so many locations are inconsistent in their food prep. The great beer selection simply is average now and like a lot of other places. They were looking like they were getting things back on track the last few years by switching to the non-set number of wings in orders and increasing the size back to big huge drums and such.

They are going back to crap though, got taken over by an activist investor and being run into the ground. Recently dropped the wing Tuesday's that had been a staple since they first started.

OrtonToOlsen said:
Good posting. Reminds me of the goons that diss Olive Garden because the food isn't made from scratch by some 90 year old mustache-Pete grandma.

Most BWWs have a good beer selection. No, they aren't going to have 25 elite-artisanal-hipster craft beers on tap but they'll have a decent variety that will have something for pretty much everyone.  

(Our local BWW has 36 beer handles)
not sure what people expect out of a franchise.  BW3 has a great beer selection and the traditional wings are usually solid.  of course there are better wings out there, but overall it's a great place to have some drinks, watch some sports, and eat some decent wings.

Users who are viewing this thread