What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bunch of riots going on (2 Viewers)

the store owner in Dallas who was set upon by about 10 people, then beaten over the head (one used a skateboard) and kicked repeatedly, has died. 

the little ####s made sure to rob him as he laid there bleeding profusely out the head and dying, to boot. 

i'm with @rockaction on this, those ####s need to be dealt with as severely as they dished it out. 

ETA: looking for confirmation on this, none yet ... good buddy of mine who works for the City told me the dude passed ... so let's see what news there is
He also wasn't a store owner (unless you have info updated from what I saw). What I saw (which certainly could be wrong) was him post that he was taking his machete down there because there's a bar he likes to go to. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He also wasn't a store owner (unless you have info updated from what I saw). What I saw (which certainly could be wrong) was him post that he was taking his machete down there because there's a bar he likes to go to. 
all early reports were that he was the owner of the business he was in front of ... if not, so be it - hope he pulls thru this #### with no long term effects, but that didn't look possible after the #### i saw. 

all early reports were that he was the owner of the business he was in front of ... if not, so be it - hope he pulls thru this #### with no long term effects, but that didn't look possible after the #### i saw. 
Is the guy and his posts accurate? A man posted online claiming to be the person attacked. He said he was ok and that he was probably pretty stupid for what he did. I am certainly not taking it as gospel, but maybe people saw further info on this. 

link

Is the guy and his posts accurate? A man posted online claiming to be the person attacked. He said he was ok and that he was probably pretty stupid for what he did. I am certainly not taking it as gospel, but maybe people saw further info on this. 

link
can't argue with that ... and it wasn't a post where i got it from, guy told me this morning it's what he heard out today in the City. 

he doesn't do FB or other social media ... so that's that. 

can't argue with that ... and it wasn't a post where i got it from, guy told me this morning it's what he heard out today in the City. 

he doesn't do FB or other social media ... so that's that. 
If this is all true, he rushed a bunch of people with a sword and they beat him up. He is ok. If that is the full story then it's really a miracle nobody was seriously hurt in the altercation. 

rascal said:
Asian culture is a lot different. Here people will flip over cars and burn them because their favorite team won or lost a playoff game. So we are always going to have an element that is looking to take out  their frustrations through violence. Many Asian cultures don’t have that rebellious selfish streak near the way Americans do. The tend to be more respectful of authority there.

People really think some sinister group is putting bricks out for looters?

In areas where they are doing construction it is common to have bricks stored.  Newsflash, they are used to build stuff.
It’s crazy how many weird videos of cops there are. Here’s one I just saw of the police breaking the metal protective gate for a jewelry store. https://twitter.com/kurtnicehhl/status/1268152494036844545?s=21

There are several videos of cops planting bricks, cops destroying their own cars, cops busting out windows of parked cars, cops destroying medic stations and their supplies. 

This is going to get wayyyyyy worse before it gets any better.  It's a pendulum.  It hasn't even reached it's furthest point yet before the "swing back" happens.

Is the police looting stores any different that the rioters looting stores?  Cops are people, too.

Nah, who knows what that's all about.  Cant imagine they would be dumb enough to just cut open a wall knowing people are watching to just loot the place.   Or maybe that's the genius of it

Is the police looting stores any different that the rioters looting stores?  Cops are people, too.

Nah, who knows what that's all about.  Cant imagine they would be dumb enough to just cut open a wall knowing people are watching to just loot the place.   Or maybe that's the genius of it
"All people loot" has a nice ring to it.

Apparently some looters were inside and the owner called police...per the twitter thread.

Sounds like they were helping arrest trapped looters which is good. 

Asian culture is a lot different. Here people will flip over cars and burn them because their favorite team won or lost a playoff game. So we are always going to have an element that is looking to take out  their frustrations through violence. Many Asian cultures don’t have that rebellious selfish streak near the way Americans do. The tend to be more respectful of authority there.
Yeah not quite...bad apples everywhere even in Asia and there was plenty of violence during the last round of HK protests.

“Multiple stores operating mainland Chinese-linked businesses were vandalised, trashed and set on fire during the protest on October 20, which began with an illegal but peaceful march in Tsim Sha Tsui.”

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3034221/hong-kong-man-jailed-looting-xiaomi-store-was-trashed

Lot’s of other examples but am too lazy to look them up. I also seem to recall the protesters in HK holed up in universities that they were fortifying to keep the police out of. Folks with bows and arrows and other weapons.  

Everything is under control on Philly...no need to panic.

@AESteele: Philly Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw and Mayor Jim Kenney are visiting businesses along Germantown Ave and Erie.  “These are our neighbors. These are our folks,” Kenney said.

@AESteele: Moments later, a man on the street punched a news photographer in the face in full view of the police commissioner and mayor, knocking him down, bloodying his face.

Users who are viewing this thread