What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Burning Man (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
1 - Generally, it sounds like fun, anyone been? Any cool stories? I love music festivals but BM isn't quite my speed.

2 - This year's is an absolute disaster due to rain and a national state of emergency has been declared, no one is allowed in or out, 70k people stuck there and a certain subset claims ebola is running though the fest (it almost certainly isn't).

I have been twice. Will likely go again at some point. Like you @Northern Voice music festivals are more my thing, but Burning Man sure is something. It is something that is worth experiencing, at least once, IMO. Nothing like it anywhere else.

I will say that no matter what you are into, you can find many others there that are into the same thing. Kinky weird stuff naked stuff? Good designer drugs? Just being naked for an entire week? Whatever else you can think of? You can find your clan there

By the way, 1997 Burning man very different than Instagram Influencer in a bikini and Indian headdress 2023 Burning Man.

Almost everyone is there for the Gram, the drugs, or they actually believe that spiritual nonsense, so really, send me all the video of ALL these dumbbells stuck in the mud.

Got a lot of friends that have gone in the past and even went this year so I feel that I have a decent pulse on this, and I can say with a little certainty that it's not what it used to be. Definitely all about the "grammers these days. Sure, I've never gone myself but I bet it's definitely changed in the past decade-ish.

Late-Returning Burning Man Attendee Forced To Drive Fantastical Wooden Ship Straight To Work​

CUPERTINO, CA—Still sporting the fishnet tights, spiked metal collar, and brightly colored pasties he had worn to the festival, late-returning Burning Man attendee Greg Schaffer was forced Tuesday to drive his fantastical wooden ship straight to work. “So sorry I’m late, my fellow burners and I got stuck on the highway and it took us forever to transcend the physical realm,” said the mud- and dirt-caked Schaffer, who quickly peeled into the corporate parking lot, told his topless female crew to sit tight, and hurriedly sprinted into the office. “Truthfully, I would have been here sooner, but I got stuck in this awesome orgy and then I let some guy in a bird mask ride me around like a horse for two hours in exchange for this awesome turquoise skull. Would anyone be willing to barter for some coffee? I’m still hallucinating from the psychedelic mushrooms I took this morning.” At press time, Schaffer was relieved after watching the parking lot fill up with other burning man attendees forced to ride winged unicycles, drive a bus shaped like a cat, or fly a giant metal dragon.

Two of my buddies (don't know each other, but both ex-Marines) have made it out alive. :lol:

I gave thought to going this year.... I am not an ex-Marine so I'm kinda glad I passed.

Users who are viewing this thread