What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

c buckhalter worth anything as a late round pick (1 Viewer)

Hi abcbummer,

As an owner competing against you in this draft, I would love to tell you Buckhalter has value and worthy of a pick in round 17/18. Lets one more player fall to me at the turn. But, I just cant make a case for it. As an Eagles fan, I think the pass catching/3rd down looks go to LoBooker and short yardage go to Hunt in the event of a Westbrook injury. Buckhalter will form a vital part of a committee approach, but with other players stealing the catches and/or goalline, what would you expect? Low results IMO.

If Westy is healthy, Buck might get 60-80 carries this year. Much like 2006 AND 2007.

If Westy is hurt, Buck might spike to 120 carries, but no noticable gain in catches or short yardage/TD's.

Anyways, you are on the clock. Pick away!

abcbummer said:
what say you on c buckhalter worth anything to a none westy owner
I am a westy owner and I don't even want Buck. Even if Westbrook goes down Buckhalter isn't even close to interchangeable. And Westbrook isn't as "hurt" as it seems. He was in the injury report a lot the last two years, but he started 14 and 15 games. I am begining to think he just doesn't like to practice. There are some tense times with him on your roster but when he comes out and puts up 100 rushing yards, 40 receiving yards and a TD after not practicing all week it is easy to forgive the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread