What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin? (1 Viewer)

yes Durham over Broyles but be aware that Bush will get more targets and Bell will get more touches/targets - all Calvin's targets aren't going to just one player
Just curious if your pulling this wisdom out of your #### or if you actually have sources to back this up?

This was a classic example where everyone had different opinions and you have to go with what YOU think, not 'experts'.

I am staying away from the Durham/Broyles question.

I picked up Terrence Williams and am going with him. My other option is Doug Baldwin.

Not sure what you guys can do within your leagues, just showing you what my options are. Argh!!!!
I did this as well. I also have Romo on that team so Williams just seemed like the better choice over Durham/Broyles. Dallas should be in a high scoring game.
Holy crap!!!! :)

I am staying away from the Durham/Broyles question.

I picked up Terrence Williams and am going with him. My other option is Doug Baldwin.

Not sure what you guys can do within your leagues, just showing you what my options are. Argh!!!!
I did this as well. I also have Romo on that team so Williams just seemed like the better choice over Durham/Broyles. Dallas should be in a high scoring game.
Holy crap!!!! :)
:hifive:

sure im peeved that i finally acquire calvin on wednesday and he then proceeds to miss his first game in 3 years.... but really, should the detroit beat writers be taken to task here? How could they not have the scoop that he was TRUELY a game time decision? it's their best player, you'd think they'd have sources

@PFF: With Calvin Johnson out, Kris Durham led Lions running 46 routes. 2nd Patrick Edwards (41) while Ryan Broyles managed 15.

sure im peeved that i finally acquire calvin on wednesday and he then proceeds to miss his first game in 3 years.... but really, should the detroit beat writers be taken to task here? How could they not have the scoop that he was TRUELY a game time decision? it's their best player, you'd think they'd have sources
Calvin could have season ending knee surgery tomorrow, or go for 200/3 this weekend, or any numbers of outcomes in between. I just don't know that we are gonna get anything outta the Lions regarding this.

Totally agree with this

Calvin could have season ending knee surgery tomorrow, or go for 200/3 this weekend, or any numbers of outcomes in between. I just don't know that we are gonna get anything outta the Lions regarding this.
well i would hope people actually start trying to use their lions sources here to get a better picture as to what is wrong with him.... i really dont want to watch the all 22's from the bears game again to see if i can see a point where he hurts a knee.... i'd rather let someone who is being paid to do that take care of it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
this article provides a little more info towards the bottom

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/10/08/receiver-calvin-johnson-leg-injury-week-6-cleveland-browns/2944217/

Johnson had 10 passes thrown his way against Chicago, and he took big hits on many throws. On his last catch, a 19-yarder with just under 4 minutes left, Johnson went awkwardly to the ground as cornerback Zack Bowman appeared to fall on the back of his right leg.

Johnson walked immediately to the sideline, and Joique Bell fumbled on the next play. Johnson returned to play on the Lions' onside kick return team and as a deep safety for Stafford's final three kneel-downs.

Birkett covers the Lions for the Detroit Free Press, a Gannett property.
i've watched this play several times, the tackle definitely looks awkward... i would have to guess some kind of knee sprain or something....after the play calvin lays there for a second before hopping up and slowly walking off the field.... that was the lions last real offensive play so you cant see any other plays after this one to compare....

Here is a link to a few videos of Calvin participating in limited drills today: http://www.tout.com/m/gqzfok?ref=tw4cszxe

Not sure how much you can take from this. In the 4 square drill, he wasn't cutting on the right knee. In the ladder drill, he looked normal, but that is straight line movement. He doesn't appear to be limping in the video. I hope we know more tomorrow, but there is a good chance this is a GTD.

Raider Nation said:
If he sits again, I'm starting Henne over Stafford. Totally serious.
Wow I actually thought about Henne or Weeden but then shrugged it off as being crazy. You'd really do it huh?

This is my first yr having Calvin in a league that I pay attention too and I also took Stafford in a start up this yr; I had him in another for a couple of yrs and really just check my line up there on sunday mornings. I always took for granted that he plays with injuries but man, now that I got some real stake in him I never realized how injuried he is... pretty much Q'd every week. Is his body breaking down?

I can't consider him WR1 anymore, its getting too nerve racking.

Haven't seen Durham. Can he get separation?
No. He makes Vincent Brown look like DeSean Jackson.
I have good confidence in SameSongNDance's opinion, but wish to solicit other opinions. I didn't see the game. With all the snaps they're giving Durham (and 6'6" height), is this guy a reasonable dynasty stash? Is he just fool's gold?
hes a big slow white dude. Redzone target though. little value in dyno IMO, TD heavy re-draft maybe a little value with Calvin & Burleson out and broyles sucking

Haven't seen Durham. Can he get separation?
No. He makes Vincent Brown look like DeSean Jackson.
I have good confidence in SameSongNDance's opinion, but wish to solicit other opinions. I didn't see the game. With all the snaps they're giving Durham (and 6'6" height), is this guy a reasonable dynasty stash? Is he just fool's gold?
hes a big slow white dude. Redzone target though. little value in dyno IMO, TD heavy re-draft maybe a little value with Calvin & Burleson out and broyles sucking
He's not slow, he's just white.

I may try and move him for RB help. Hate to say but I love me some Megatron but 5.5's are't going to cut it for me. Just need to convince an owner he will be fine (hey, he played this week) and try and get myself a RB1 for him.

His name carries a lot of weight and I am loaded at WR. Going to dangle him

I may try and move him for RB help. Hate to say but I love me some Megatron but 5.5's are't going to cut it for me. Just need to convince an owner he will be fine (hey, he played this week) and try and get myself a RB1 for him.

His name carries a lot of weight and I am loaded at WR. Going to dangle him
good idea, IMO.. Megatron just played Haden and stunk up the joint, now faces tough Bengals' secondary,then an easy one v. Dallas, then Bears against whom he has avg'd a paltry 4.7 recs/70yards, 0.41 Td/gm in 12 starts - , Ike Taylor and the Steelers, Revis and the Bucs..all on a bum knee..

as tough a schedule for a WR as you're likely to see..just my two cents,but I think he's a sell sell sell..and ASAP.

he's not going to be the 2012 Megatron.not even close..

I may hosed my season. I traded Blackman/Thompkins and Orange Julius for Megatron (hate that name) and Gates...

Dynasty league. Hoping the ship rights itself!!

Any news on Calvin? On the waiver wire show the doctor seemed pretty ominous about Calvin. Are we sitting tight with him or shopping him at this point?

The only league I own Calvin in I'm 5-1. I can afford to bench him, but if I were 2-3 I would have no problem looking to move him. The knee and last week's performance are certainly cause for concern, but on the flip side, if there are owners with losing records starting to panic, and you can afford to do so - go get him.

The Lions are addicted to passing the football, especially in the zona rojo.

Wasn't it right around week 6 or 7 last year that people were jumping ship on Calvin?

Buy or hold...he will reward you.

happy to see this!! :hifive: but part of me wanted to start Blackmon again this week vs SD. HATE that they both have week 9 bye.

if all signs point to healthy, I think Calvin has gotta be in lineups. Last week was a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say he's back to 100%. That 2nd TD was a thing of beauty. Outjumped 75% of the Cincy secondary.

Thank goodness. I really need him to have these kinds of weeks. I paid a premium to get him and the RB's I ended up with aren't going to win me much

Users who are viewing this thread