What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin? (1 Viewer)

i just traded for calvin and the missed practice concerns me.. so far this year this is the first time he didn't practice at all weds and thursday... i just hope he looks ok tomorrow

Last season he was questionable with some injury (knee maybe?) and there was speculation that he was so banged up that they were gonna trot him out there mostly as a decoy. I say him. He went berserk and caught like 150 yards and 2 Tds. I almost out my fist through the wall.

If Calvin is active you start him. Period.

My gut is that they are simply screwing with Green Bay. After 20+ straight losses there, they are pulling out all the stops. Mind games.

My gut is that they are simply screwing with Green Bay. After 20+ straight losses there, they are pulling out all the stops. Mind games.
I heard Calvin was running his routes in a wheelchair to further the ruse.

No worries, I am sure Calvin will be double teamed, the problem for GB will be Capers will have the double team 15 yards off him so he will still catch at least 10 passes.

To eoMMan, agree 100% about the Farside, that was the best, but check out The Argyle Sweater, it is pretty funny as well, he has a similar sense of humor.

http://www.theargylesweater.com/

guess there was reason to be concerned after all. Calvin normally takes Wednesday's off but I did see somewhere that it was extremely rare for him to take back to back days off. Wow, this really sucks.

Who is the pickup here?
Kris Durham ... caveat he doesn't get all those targets, some go to Reggie Bush who will be lined up in the slot and moved around so more touched for J. Bell but still some increase for Durham and Broyles (assuming he is on the field) also more for Pettigrew and Fauria

The Claymaker said:
Futz said:

No worries, I am sure Calvin will be double teamed, the problem for GB will be Capers will have the double team 15 yards off him so he will still catch at least 10 passes.

To eoMMan, agree 100% about the Farside, that was the best, but check out The Argyle Sweater, it is pretty funny as well, he has a similar sense of humor.

Respectfully, Green Bay plays Calvin straight up with Tramon Williams playing press cover.

Guess it doesn't matter.

http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2013/view_news_article?L=40226&ID=874630KFFL

The Detroit Lions have declared WR Calvin Johnson, CB Jonte Green, QB Kellen Moore, OT LaAdrian Waddle, OG Leroy Harris, RB Mikel Leshoure, WR Nate Burleson inactive for Week 5

Last edited by a moderator:
so do we have any idea what this knee injury is? now that we know it's real. Is it something that may linger? Damn Lions and their no injury info tactics.

Who is the pickup here?
Kris Durham ... caveat he doesn't get all those targets, some go to Reggie Bush who will be lined up in the slot and moved around so more touched for J. Bell but still some increase for Durham and Broyles (assuming he is on the field) also more for Pettigrew and Fauria
Durham over Broyles, or you are assuming Broyles is rostered?

Anyone benching stafford now?
I just put in Luck.

yes Durham over Broyles but be aware that Bush will get more targets and Bell will get more touches/targets - all Calvin's targets aren't going to just one player

The Claymaker said:
Futz said:

Respectfully, Green Bay plays Calvin straight up with Tramon Williams playing press cover.

Guess it doesn't matter.

http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2013/view_news_article?L=40226&ID=874630KFFL

The Detroit Lions have declared WR Calvin Johnson, CB Jonte Green, QB Kellen Moore, OT LaAdrian Waddle, OG Leroy Harris, RB Mikel Leshoure, WR Nate Burleson inactive for Week 5
To be honest, mine was more of a joke than anything else and a jab at worthless Capers.

I do not own Calvin in any league, so as a Packer's fan, I loved this news, take the burden off the GB defense.

I am staying away from the Durham/Broyles question.

I picked up Terrence Williams and am going with him. My other option is Doug Baldwin.

Not sure what you guys can do within your leagues, just showing you what my options are. Argh!!!!

Who is the pickup here?
Hook may be right - but this is just a completely guess. No way of knowing how much PT gets compared to Broyles or Edwards.

I guess I go with James Jones today.

Ugh.
Whu ugh? He is a much better play than secondary Lions receivers and the game will still be very high scoring AND Finley back but just barely off concussion
It IS an ugh because this game is much more likely to be a slugfest now. I suspect GB may try to run and control the clock. A high scoring game means that GB would pass more to keep up. A lower scoring games means more running and less passing. So this news would cause me to upgrade Lacy and Franklin and downgrade GB receivers.

I am staying away from the Durham/Broyles question.

I picked up Terrence Williams and am going with him. My other option is Doug Baldwin.

Not sure what you guys can do within your leagues, just showing you what my options are. Argh!!!!
I did this as well. I also have Romo on that team so Williams just seemed like the better choice over Durham/Broyles. Dallas should be in a high scoring game.

Users who are viewing this thread