What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can V. Young wow scouts & GMs enough 2 be 1st qb (1 Viewer)

bigreese82

Footballguy
If he runs a 4.4??? If he doesn't miss a wr? or....is he #3

Can he fall out of the 1st rd? :popcorn:

The Pro Day watch is on

No. That would dictate someone trading up to get him.

I don't think any GM in the league would have the stones to trade up high enough to have a choice between Leinart and Young and then go Young.

Nobody doubts his physical skills, so I'm not sure how he'd make a huge leap right now.

What they doubt is his ability to read a pro defense and play the position in the NFL.

Unless his agent figures out a way to get a NFL level defense together and show VY running a pro offense, I just don't see where he can make much of a gain today.

Maybe in a Madden sim? ;)

Nobody doubts his physical skills, so I'm not sure how he'd make a huge leap right now.

What they doubt is his ability to read a pro defense and play the position in the NFL.

Unless his agent figures out a way to get a NFL level defense together and show VY running a pro offense, I just don't see where he can make much of a gain today.

I think his jump will come in one-on-ones with coaching staffs. The Titans brought Cutler in on Monday and put him through it!! Blackboard work and film work. If Vince can prove to coaches that he can do the classroom part, he might make a jumpHe has one-on ones with the Titans today

I think his jump will come in one-on-ones with coaching staffs. The Titans brought Cutler in on Monday and put him through it!! Blackboard work and film work. If Vince can prove to coaches that he can do the classroom part, he might make a jumpHe has one-on ones with the Titans today
Good point. This may help, but I just don't see it making a big enough difference. I've pretty much locked my projection with VY to Oakland, it would take a lot to change that.

Good point. This may help, but I just don't see it making a big enough difference. I've pretty much locked my projection with VY to Oakland, it would take a lot to change that.
Do you have Cutler going to the Titans. Is Cutler the number 2 qb?

http://66.45.13.138/index.cfm?section=7&sc...s&news_id=48666

Titans hit Texas to evaluate Young

By Terry McCormick, tmccormick@nashvillecitypaper.com

March 22, 2006

Vince Young, it’s your turn.

The Texas quarterback will hold his pro day today in Austin, and the Tennessee Titans will go even farther than that in evaluating him.

The Titans are poised to spend time with Young, getting to know him and talking football over the next day and a half in order to better determine if or where Young might fit into their plans with the No. 3 overall pick in the April draft.

For a couple of reasons, the Titans are much less familiar with Young than they are with the other two highly-touted quarterbacks in this draft. First, Young is a junior, while Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart are both seniors.

Because scouts and teams do their early prep work primarily on seniors, anytime an underclassmen declares himself for the draft, it forces teams to scramble to catch up in their evaluation of him.

Second, the Titans know Cutler from being in their backyard at Vanderbilt and from having coached him at the Senior Bowl in January. They also spent Monday with him in interview sessions.

They have a leg up on Matt Leinart, because offensive coordinator Norm Chow spent three seasons with Leinart at Southern Cal.

So the next two days are booked for the Titans coaches, scouts, personnel people and General Manager Floyd Reese to get to know Young.

“I think we just need to put our stamp on who Vince Young is,” said Titans scout Blake Beddingfield, who will be in Austin today as part of the Tennessee contingent. Beddingfield said watching Young run, lift or throw won’t be the only things teams will notice.

“We know he’s athletic. If he runs a 4.4, nobody is going to be shocked,” Beddingfield said. “If he runs a 4.9, he’s probably got lead in his shoes. We want to just meet the guy and get to know Vince Young. We want to watch him be around his teammates and see whether or not he’s a leader.”

Beddingfield used the illustration last year of how Adam “Pacman” Jones’ West Virginia teammates gravitated toward him and held him up as a leader during the Mountaineers’ workouts last year.

“You could tell that his teammates liked him,” Beddingfield said. “This is a chance for us to just sit on the side and see how he interacts with other people.”

Once the pro day is over, the Titans will have plenty of time to sit down with Young for “chalk talk” and to delve into his personality.

I see one of 4 ways he could move up to the 1st QB taken:

a) He demonstrates that he can poop out solid gold footballs

b) He gets a GM drunk and takes compromising photos of him

c) He assassinates Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler

d) He runs a 3.7

I see one of 4 ways he could move up to the 1st QB taken:

a) He demonstrates that he can poop out solid gold footballs

b) He gets a GM drunk and takes compromising photos of him

c) He assassinates Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler

d) He runs a 3.7
So. You're saying it IS possible?

I don't have Cutler in Tennessee, I have him falling to Dallas right now.

I don't have Cutler in Tennessee, I have him falling to Dallas right now.
I'll guarantee that Cutler is chosen before Young. Besides, Denver is going to take a QB at #15 whether it's Young or Cutler.

:goodposting:

I'll guarantee that Cutler is chosen before Young.
Are you willing to give odds?Even without them, I might be willing to take that bet.
4:1 - let me know. ;) The Raiders are the wild card since I put nothing past Big Al. However, he's an old school guy who I don't see implementing an offense to suit Young.

The Cardinals seem like a great fit for Cutler and the type of offense Denny Green has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Vick's slow development will cost Young. Throw in the poor wonderlic score...you get the picture. From what Ive' seen...there is no way I would take Young over einhart or Cutler. Would like to be a fly on the wall when teams test his football knowledge.

I don't think there's anything Young can do to make himself the first QB chosen; the only way he becomes the first QB chosen is if he does well at his pro day and Leinart blows it in some significant way. I don't think that's likely to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread