What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

I may have mentioned this before but people who stand around in grocery stores or move at a ridiculously slow pace, or take forever to read labels. Yeah, dont mind me standing here waiting for you to finish reading how much riboflavin that box of Bisquick has compared to every other box you just picked up. Make a decision and get the **** out of the way. .

I just did the Thanksgiving shopping and it just makes me hate people so bad. Also, people who feel the need to shop as a family. It's already crowded enough as it is. Designate one person and the rest of you stay home already.

We just did our shopping sunday morning. store was empty... fantastic!
Sunday morning is always when we go. The store is nothing close to empty here at that time. Lots of folks actually. Saturday morning seems a bit slower.

2 people unfollowed me // automatically checked by....

People that do this on twitter. No one else gives a flying **** or wants to know how many new people followed or dumped you.

Peter Schraeger

and really all the people that have glommed on to various properties associated with the NFL because they saw an opportunity to be on TV, making money. they could just as easily be on a talk show about movies, or cooking, or Lego's if there was money in it.

they don't care about the product, they only like the visibility and opportunity for exposure offered. they don't have any real interest in what they're talking about. they have just figured out how to talk in very vague terms using bits and pieces of gossip and rumor that can be turned in to 10-15 second bites for twitter, buzzfeed, etc.

Kyle Brandt gets included here. at least he played football in college but he's a guy that just wants attention. anything to be seen/heard.

surely there are tons of casual fans that watch these shows and are interested in the gossipy stories, etc. but i wish it wasn't leaking so much in to the football-centric shows now. let the morning coffee talk NFL shows exist on E!. less airtime for these people to say vapid, vaguely footbally things.

give me more 3 yards and a cloud of dust talk from a guy with too many concussions, mangled hands and degenerative discs.

I can't watch that show anymore. So gross - and the fake Kyle rants are the suck.

Fathers-in-law

i see your fil and raise you a mil.

mil is in town from Colorado for thanksgiving. she is very socially awkward and often inappropriate. she was banned from our house for several years based on some very bad behavior with our daughter. last night.. she makes a comment about our daughter's acne problem (which was not even present). mil is very critical of everything though really has no accomplishments to her name.

... and she wonders why her daughters and only grandchild do not have good relationships with her, nor want to

I may have mentioned this before but people who stand around in grocery stores or move at a ridiculously slow pace, or take forever to read labels. Yeah, dont mind me standing here waiting for you to finish reading how much riboflavin that box of Bisquick has compared to every other box you just picked up. Make a decision and get the **** out of the way. .

I just did the Thanksgiving shopping and it just makes me hate people so bad. Also, people who feel the need to shop as a family. It's already crowded enough as it is. Designate one person and the rest of you stay home already.

This is our move as well. Get to store by 7 or so, there’s no one there. Problem this year was they had like 1 cashier working :lol:

I went today to get some last minute things and it looked like a war zone.

Self checkout down?

This is our move as well. Get to store by 7 or so, there’s no one there. Problem this year was they had like 1 cashier working :lol:

I went today to get some last minute things and it looked like a war zone.

Self checkout down?
I don’t like doing this unless I am buying like 5 things or so. The stupid scales always get messed up, you can’t fit much on the little area where you bag stuff, etc.

The NFL not allowing “Super Bowl” to be used in commercials. The local sports radio station is running commercials that it’s sending it’s morning show to the “big game” in February

hate it. They should just start saying the “Superb Owl in February” but that would probably annoy more people who don’t get it.

The NFL not allowing “Super Bowl” to be used in commercials. The local sports radio station is running commercials that it’s sending it’s morning show to the “big game” in February.
Could have been worse. They tried to trademark “Big Game” as well, but were denied in the courts.

I'm sure this is probably more me but now especially with smart phones I just get annoyed at little questions it would take the person 30seconds to look up.....hey do you know what division this school is? Nope....oh thought you would have known.

Related: When I spend the time and effort texting or emailing a person or a group all of the pertinent information about a meeting, get together, event (date, time, location, what to bring), and I get texts the day of like “when are we meeting again?” Hey buddy, why don’t you take the ten seconds it takes to scroll up to the text or find the email where I sent you all the info instead of wasting my time because you can’t be bothered?

For years now, I have been working to become more zen, but the above will get me every time.
I hope you condescendingly reply "please scroll up or read original email."

Anybody who adjusts your driver or passenger seat (more than simply sliding it forward or back) for a short ride.

Two recent examples are my wife's co-worker whom she recently gave a ride to work (about two miles) and the valet at the hotel we were at last weekend.
Grrrrrr. Had winter tires put on today. Dude must have used every possible adjustment to the driver's seat. I hope he made it absolutely perfect for his long drive in my car. :rolleyes:

Stupid medical practices/procedures

Had surgery yesterday on my ankle. Every single time somebody came in my room before surgery they asked the same dumb questions.

I don't have a problem with asking my last name and dob every time. But when the last few are still asking me which ankle I am having surgery on and what I am having done and my right leg is all marked up, shaved and is the only leg exposed and the injury is painfully obvious I think you can just verify I am who I am.

Just because some drunk a hole put a fake hip on the wrong side doesn't excuse such dumb "checks". That dummy would still eff it up.

Don't even get me started on the fact that they made me take off an n95 to put on a fake surgical mask. I even had a brand new n95 I brought in individual wrapping and they told me I had to wear their mask to enter. Wasn't even a real medical grade surgical mask.

Hate when my wife goes into a room turns on the light then leaves the room and leaves the light on. Don't know why this bothers me.
my wife and kids do this and it makes me insane

it's how i know i'm middle-aged
I mostly got over this when we got LED light bulbs. They last way longer and use less energy so I don't feel as bad about it. I still turn off the lights when I'm done, though.

About 5 years ago nearly every single pop song on the radio featured finger snapping. I don’t know why. It’s over now thankfully but it made radio unlistenable even when the family was in the car. I think once I counted on a road trip and 15 of 18 songs had it.

When you get sliced meat at a deli and they put the damn price tag sticker over the top of the ziploc slider. So when you tear the tag it also tears a hole in the plastic bag which renders the Zip fresh seal completely useless. WHY DO THEY DO THIS?!?!
Do the slider first, with force, and rip through the price sticker. Works for me.

When having a sit down dinner, people who start eating before the rest of the group has been served. My FIL does this every time. For Christmas, we started with a pasta course. Served him his plate first, and he starts eating before the next person got their plate. There were 6 of us total, so it took all of 2 minutes for everyone else to get their portion. Really gets under my skin, especially when people don’t wait for the host/person who prepared the meal.

When having a sit down dinner, people who start eating before the rest of the group has been served. My FIL does this every time. For Christmas, we started with a pasta course. Served him his plate first, and he starts eating before the next person got their plate. There were 6 of us total, so it took all of 2 minutes for everyone else to get their portion. Really gets under my skin, especially when people don’t wait for the host/person who prepared the meal.
Maybe serve him last?

Users who are viewing this thread