What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

My manager and coworkers have started wearing suits to work because of new management.

Screw that, I need to start wearing jeans into the office.

:mad: ... going to the office

I do not mind too much anymore. We have the option of either 2 or 3 days and I go in "3" days a week. Two of those days are in an office that is less than 3 miles from my house, and once a week i drive across houston to work with a different team.

Having the face to face meetings is nice and that office is in a part of town with trendier restaurants than what we have in the suburbs. I always eat out for lunch when working there and look forward to that.

I also put "3" in quotation marks because that office is in a busier part of town we have all taken to leaving before the school zones start up. Ideally I try to leave at 2 and then work from home. The commute is not too bad, 25 minutes compared to an hour and 10 in rush hour traffic. Being able to leave in the middle of the day to avoid traffic is a pretty good perk.

That is also my most productive day, I work hands on with my programmers and sit down and debug with them, etc. Complex coding is always more efficient with 2 people there, it can be done remotely, but in person is nice to have occasionally.

We also have the ability to work remotely if i want to do that for a few weeks. I am not stuck going into the office if I want to work from El Paso or Denver for a week here or there.

My company does the remote work correctly I think.

@MTskibum

I consult and have a sales component to what I do. I do not mind my face to face meetings with clients.

Our HQ is in Fremont. I live in Sonoma County (about 70 miles). If the drive was only 70 minutes, I would not mind. If I leave HQ after 1p, it can be 3-5 hours to get home. It is brutal, and inefficient.

@MTskibum

I consult and have a sales component to what I do. I do not mind my face to face meetings with clients.

Our HQ is in Fremont. I live in Sonoma County (about 70 miles). If the drive was only 70 minutes, I would not mind. If I leave HQ after 1p, it can be 3-5 hours to get home. It is brutal, and inefficient.

I agree for you it does not make sense. We have plenty of people in the company that are that way that are full time *remote* work except for a few weeks a year.

Hopefully you do not need to go into the office very often.

Edit: left out a work.

Last edited:
In Florida, had to stop for gas stop at place right by hotel. Typical gas/circle K There is 16 pumps, 12 had empty parked cars.....wtf people I had to weave my way in to get to one of 4 pumps . ...gtfo with that
My guess, everyone running in to grab a "quick" Powerball ticket and the line was huge.

A person who breaks there checkout at the grocery store in to multiple checkouts. Apparently, the two cans of soup for Aunt Betty are so expensive they need to be put on a separate card. And just putting it on one card and having Aunt Betty hand you the $2 for it is way to inconvenient.

This has probably been mentioned before, but another car one that's been driving me batty lately: people who can't make a simple turn without drifting in the opposite direction first.

I'm on this one business road daily, 30 mph one-way with three lanes. I'll often be in the middle lane to avoid the vehicles turning off in each direction. At least once a week lately, someone next to me freaks me out by drifting over the line between our lanes, making me think they don't know I'm there as they're changing lanes right into me. But no, they're just approaching their turn and seem to think they're driving a semi turning into a driveway or something. Infuriating.

In Florida, had to stop for gas stop at place right by hotel. Typical gas/circle K There is 16 pumps, 12 had empty parked cars.....wtf people I had to weave my way in to get to one of 4 pumps . ...gtfo with that

I worked for an architecture firm that used to design gas stations. In many jurisdictions, they count the "spaces" in front of the pumps as parking spaces so they don't have to have as many in front of the building. Were the spots in front of the building full too?

I'll admit, I've used the "pump spot" even though I wasn't there for gas but only if all of the regular spots are taken.

My manager and coworkers have started wearing suits to work because of new management.

Screw that, I need to start wearing jeans into the office.

:mad: ... going to the office

I do not mind too much anymore. We have the option of either 2 or 3 days and I go in "3" days a week. Two of those days are in an office that is less than 3 miles from my house, and once a week i drive across houston to work with a different team.

Having the face to face meetings is nice and that office is in a part of town with trendier restaurants than what we have in the suburbs. I always eat out for lunch when working there and look forward to that.

I also put "3" in quotation marks because that office is in a busier part of town we have all taken to leaving before the school zones start up. Ideally I try to leave at 2 and then work from home. The commute is not too bad, 25 minutes compared to an hour and 10 in rush hour traffic. Being able to leave in the middle of the day to avoid traffic is a pretty good perk.

That is also my most productive day, I work hands on with my programmers and sit down and debug with them, etc. Complex coding is always more efficient with 2 people there, it can be done remotely, but in person is nice to have occasionally.

We also have the ability to work remotely if i want to do that for a few weeks. I am not stuck going into the office if I want to work from El Paso or Denver for a week here or there.

My company does the remote work correctly I think.

I am also 2-3 days a week. 2 for sure (M and Th) with a "flex" day if you want, of Wednesday. I tend to come in most Wednesdays since I usually get more work done from the office.

This has probably been mentioned before, but another car one that's been driving me batty lately: people who can't make a simple turn without drifting in the opposite direction first.

I'm on this one business road daily, 30 mph one-way with three lanes. I'll often be in the middle lane to avoid the vehicles turning off in each direction. At least once a week lately, someone next to me freaks me out by drifting over the line between our lanes, making me think they don't know I'm there as they're changing lanes right into me. But no, they're just approaching their turn and seem to think they're driving a semi turning into a driveway or something. Infuriating.
YES! This "drives" me nuts.

I worked for an architecture firm that used to design gas stations. In many jurisdictions, they count the "spaces" in front of the pumps as parking spaces so they don't have to have as many in front of the building. Were the spots in front of the building full too?

I'll admit, I've used the "pump spot" even though I wasn't there for gas but only if all of the regular spots are taken.
The spots in front are taken by people stuffing their pie-holes with roller taquitos and scrolling through their phones

The overwhelming amount of diabetes durg commercials that make everyone look so happy!! Diabetes looks like fun!!! Just loot at the commercials!

I want to throttle whoever came up with "Tell me you X without telling me you X". It's become the first and only way to try and snarkily insult someone online now, and the person saying it is always so smug and self-satisfied at how clever they are

tell me a better (fill in blank) ...I'll wait

so f'n punchable ...grrr

I want to throttle whoever came up with "Tell me you X without telling me you X". It's become the first and only way to try and snarkily insult someone online now, and the person saying it is always so smug and self-satisfied at how clever they are

so f'n punchable ...grrr

/generic_argumentative_statement

"change my mind"

so f'n punchable ...grrr

"change my mind"
I was today years old when I learned _______

How about you were today years old when you got your face good and punched.

so f'n punchable ...grrr

"change my mind"
I was today years old when I learned _______

How about you were today years old when you got your face good and punched.

Tell me you're 4 middle aged white dudes without telling me you're 4 middle aged white dudes.

Not being able to buy Taylor Swift tickets is not a major news story. Why is this talked about on the news every night?
It's just as much about Ticketmaster as it is about Swift. A lot of people have complaints about them. A LOT.
Exactly. I'm actually sick and tired of these ticket brokers sucking up all the tickets then soaking people on StubHub or whatever. I'm hoping this lawsuit forces some changes.

Not being able to buy Taylor Swift tickets is not a major news story. Why is this talked about on the news every night?
It's just as much about Ticketmaster as it is about Swift. A lot of people have complaints about them. A LOT.
Exactly. I'm actually sick and tired of these ticket brokers sucking up all the tickets then soaking people on StubHub or whatever. I'm hoping this lawsuit forces some changes.
It's way over covered. "Taylor" is on the main CNN page 4 times, "Ukraine" twice.

It's way over covered. "Taylor" is on the main CNN page 4 times, "Ukraine" twice.

The average person doesn't care or even know about what's going on in Ukraine. They want to see Taylor Swift. I'm not saying it's right, but that's the reason.

The average person doesn't care or even know about what's going on in Ukraine. They want to see Taylor Swift. I'm not saying it's right, but that's the reason.
Yes. This is a pet peeve of mine. That this is a top national story for days now is ridiculous.

Yes. This is a pet peeve of mine. That this is a top national story for days now is ridiculous.

But...it's important.

Yep. It is impossible to buy a ticket any more because the bots are buying them all for the resale sites. It’s a disgrace.

But...it's important.
I just hope we can all pull through this nightmare :lol:

Why you gotta be so mean?

Yep. It is impossible to buy a ticket any more because the bots are buying them all for the resale sites. It’s a disgrace.

Didn't Pearl Jam cover this like 20 years ago or something? Why is this not fixed yet?

Peter Schraeger

and really all the people that have glommed on to various properties associated with the NFL because they saw an opportunity to be on TV, making money. they could just as easily be on a talk show about movies, or cooking, or Lego's if there was money in it.

they don't care about the product, they only like the visibility and opportunity for exposure offered. they don't have any real interest in what they're talking about. they have just figured out how to talk in very vague terms using bits and pieces of gossip and rumor that can be turned in to 10-15 second bites for twitter, buzzfeed, etc.

Kyle Brandt gets included here. at least he played football in college but he's a guy that just wants attention. anything to be seen/heard.

surely there are tons of casual fans that watch these shows and are interested in the gossipy stories, etc. but i wish it wasn't leaking so much in to the football-centric shows now. let the morning coffee talk NFL shows exist on E!. less airtime for these people to say vapid, vaguely footbally things.

give me more 3 yards and a cloud of dust talk from a guy with too many concussions, mangled hands and degenerative discs.

I may have mentioned this before but people who stand around in grocery stores or move at a ridiculously slow pace, or take forever to read labels. Yeah, dont mind me standing here waiting for you to finish reading how much riboflavin that box of Bisquick has compared to every other box you just picked up. Make a decision and get the **** out of the way. .

I just did the Thanksgiving shopping and it just makes me hate people so bad. Also, people who feel the need to shop as a family. It's already crowded enough as it is. Designate one person and the rest of you stay home already.

Also, people who feel the need to shop as a family. It's already crowded enough as it is. Designate one person and the rest of you stay home already.
We always shopped as a family. But we split up and did the differents parts of the shopping so it went faster. And we didn't block the aisles. It bothers me much more when people block the doorways or aisles just to talk. Move over, idiots.

Also, people who feel the need to shop as a family. It's already crowded enough as it is. Designate one person and the rest of you stay home already.
We always shopped as a family. But we split up and did the differents parts of the shopping so it went faster. And we didn't block the aisles. It bothers me much more when people block the doorways or aisles just to talk. Move over, idiots.
Yes this is a good clarification. When it's like 4 people gathered around the shopping cart following it around, that's when it gets terrible.

I may have mentioned this before but people who stand around in grocery stores or move at a ridiculously slow pace, or take forever to read labels. Yeah, dont mind me standing here waiting for you to finish reading how much riboflavin that box of Bisquick has compared to every other box you just picked up. Make a decision and get the **** out of the way. .

I just did the Thanksgiving shopping and it just makes me hate people so bad. Also, people who feel the need to shop as a family. It's already crowded enough as it is. Designate one person and the rest of you stay home already.

We just did our shopping sunday morning. store was empty... fantastic!

We just did our shopping sunday morning. store was empty... fantastic!
This is our move as well. Get to store by 7 or so, there’s no one there. Problem this year was they had like 1 cashier working :lol:

I went today to get some last minute things and it looked like a war zone.

Users who are viewing this thread