What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can We Make It Official? (1 Viewer)

tdoss

Footballguy
For years it was thought that Tampa Bay's consistency, yet failure to reach the big game was due to Tony Dungy. It was assumed that Dungy was a very solid coach...with a defensive mindset and very little ingenuity on offense. Well...I say he's neither. It's obvious to me that Tampa Bay's defense is still rolling without Dungy...so it must've been Kiffen who was responsible for that great defense.

Then...you have Indy who even under a putz like Mora...was one of the strongest offenses in the league. Now...flashforward to today and Indy is relegated to three Field Goals...sure they won...and it's only one game this season...but if you asked me...they've been officially "Dungified"...

Expect more lackluster playcalling...and yet another up and down season...all those with hopes of Indy going deep in the playoffs...better scratch that notion.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's obvious to me that Tampa Bay's defense is still rolling without Dungy...so it must've been Kiffen who was responsible for that great defense.
What about Dungy's stellar defenses in Minnesota? What about the Colts D which rose from the #29 defense two seasons ago to #8 last season to allowing 265 total yds and 6 pts today on the road in game everyone said would be a shoot-out?As far as the offense goes...the Colts were 9th overall last season even with a gimpy Edge. Granted it was a suspect performance today (nice game-winning drive though).

James looked good today he only got 15 carries for 67 yard, 4.5 ypc.They passed 43 times, exactly how is this the same thing as being Dungified as the definition was around here 15 months ago.Holmes had 3 more carries and 18 more rushing yeards very similar rushing days. Now those 2 TD's and 7 receptions for 98 yards might make a difference to the fantasy score. But let's not get carried away here.

I agree Indy looked pretty bad this week (especially against that awful Browns D) but remember it's only week 1 and they did get the win. Next thing people will tell me is the Lions and Texans are playoff teams. It's a long season so don't jump off the Indy and Edge bandwagon just yet.

Manning looked terrible today. Harrison was pretty much taken out of the game and the Colts were lost without him. The real truth is that this team's offense sucks when Harrison doesn't get the ball.

I agree Indy looked pretty bad this week (especially against that awful Browns D) but remember it's only week 1 and they did get the win. Next thing people will tell me is the Lions and Texans are playoff teams. It's a long season so don't jump off the Indy and Edge bandwagon just yet.
I suspect you didn't even watch the game. The Browns D blanketed Harrison, and allowed nothing behind them, which left the Colts with nothing but underneath stuff, which they executed well. The Browns D-Line looked decent, tho I don't recall hearing GWarren's name, and, as referenced above, the secondary did their jobs. The Colts were able to take advantage of the young Cleve linebackers, which is how they won on the last drive, by going underneath. To lay the blame solely at Dungy's feet is ridiculous. There was another team on the field. Besides, the Colts did win. Don't cry just because they didn't do it in a strong fantasy way.

It's a fact. He has wrecked that offense. What's a shame is they think they did a good job today because they won. James, Manning and Harrison, zero td's???????????? You've got to be kidding me. I had manning last year and I didn't take him this year because I saw the difference last year. It's crap.

I'm sick of this crap. Unless the Colts win 31-0 every week, this team is going to get blasted! Why??!! I don't see other teams held to that standard. They are currently only one of two teams to win against a playoff team on the road this week (the Vikings the other team). That should be enough for this week. The D stepped up this week - I'm hearing next to nothing on that! This is the type of game that the Colts are supposed to lose...a defensive struggle, ugly game against a good team on the road, and they won it. Good grief. :rant: :hot:

The Colts played a great game today against a jacked up Browns team IMO. I think their offense will be fine and their Defense showed great promise with 2 HUGE goalline stands.The Browns played above their heads on Defense today IMO and I think this will end up being a tough loss for them. Peyton was under pressure all day today and made some horrible decisions the way Peyton always seems to do at times. Edge looked great on some of his runs and he will be back. I'm scared that I didn't get him in any of my leagues. All in all though, Indy will still be fighting for a Wildcard spot because it looks to me like the division winner resides in Nashville. They look great tonight against the best team in the AFC last year.

I can't believe anyone would come to any conclusions about the Indy offense after one road game. :no:

I had manning last year and I didn't take him this year because I saw the difference last year.
:wacko: :rolleyes: :sleep: 2001 547 Atts, 343 comps, 4131 yds, 26 TD's

2002 591 Atts, 392 comps, 4200 yds, 27 TD's

I really hate it when my QB throws the ball more for a higher number of yards and TD's than the previous season. :rolleyes:

I just don't understand why they threw the ball 43 times? Edge was getting 4.3 per carry. Run him a few more times for crying out loud!

I'm sick of this crap. Unless the Colts win 31-0 every week, this team is going to get blasted! Why??!! I don't see other teams held to that standard. They are currently only one of two teams to win against a playoff team on the road this week (the Vikings the other team). That should be enough for this week. The D stepped up this week - I'm hearing next to nothing on that! This is the type of game that the Colts are supposed to lose...a defensive struggle, ugly game against a good team on the road, and they won it. Good grief. :rant: :hot:
This is fantasy football. They don't have to win 31-0 for me. I don't care if they lose 35-31. Just get 31 points.People drafted Manning, James and Harrison high this year. So when they don't get any stats for fantasy football, you're going to hear complaints.Their defenese did step up, however, then doesn't help anyone starting 1 of the big 3.I saw Harrison drop a TD pass and Manning through a INT that was aimed for Pollard that looked pathetic.

I don't think you can say Harrison wasn't in the game plan. They threw to him 12 times and he caught 9 of them. The problem was he was able to catch 'em but not run w/ it. Even still though, 9 catches for only 44 yds, you have to ask yourself WTF!! :confused: Disappointing numbers from "STUDS" seemed to be the theme to my Sunday this week. It's pretty bad when your kicker (Vandy) outscores two of your three WR's combined (Harrison & Morgan).Something tells me that Morgan is this years FBG's Travis Taylor, i.e. overhyped "breakout" player. Too bad I bought that line of crap last year too :wall: :thumbdown:

...all those with hopes of Indy going deep in the playoffs...
lol @ "all those hopes" - what crack addict thought/hoped that ie as anything other than a pipe dream?However, "Dungification" remains a load of gibberish.

This is fantasy football. They don't have to win 31-0 for me. I don't care if they lose 35-31. Just get 31 points.People drafted Manning, James and Harrison high this year. So when they don't get any stats for fantasy football, you're going to hear complaints.Their defenese did step up, however, then doesn't help anyone starting 1 of the big 3.I saw Harrison drop a TD pass and Manning through a INT that was aimed for Pollard that looked pathetic.
Hell yeah I agree w you on most but the Harrison TD drop. That was overthrown! Hey we need MH to come down with it but Manning totally missed that shot. I agree that I am not up here to watch two FG kickers go at it and to the Indy fans- go to the Indy board if you want to pat yourselves on the back. This is FF and to me that was just a bad FF game from a team that should have rocked the Browns. Sorry, but the Colts just have too many weapons to be in a sit. where they are unable to score a TD...

Yes, that Colts offense just stinks.Dungy hasn't got a clue.P.S. Gotta love that Search function. All our comments can be brought back to haunt us.

I'm sick of this crap. Unless the Colts win 31-0 every week, this team is going to get blasted!
I'm wrong. Even when the Colts win by over 31, they still get blasted. I love how they were blasted by Randy Cross of all people for running up the score - look up some of those Niner scores in the 80s, and you tell me they never ran up the score.

Users who are viewing this thread