What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (1 Viewer)

So I just got this email from DirectTV. It relates to the gift card. I already sent this form out but they likely have not received it yet.

============

Thank you for being part of the DIRECTV® family. We appreciate your business and are constantly working hard to make the DIRECTV® experience even better for you and your family.

Please print and complete this Redemption Form per instructions detailed in the document for your $200 Visa® Prepaid card that you were eligible for when you activated your DIRECTV® service at the below address:

XXXXXX

Once you have returned the form by mail, please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your card. If you have not received it by then, you may check the status at any time by calling 1-800-508-1232.

If you encounter any issues accessing the Redemption Form link, please copy and paste this URL directly in your browser:

http://f.cm.directv.com/i/17/2088053260/RbtFrm_r4o0.pdf

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

I'm anxious. I want to call 2 hours later and say I got the email. Seems like everyone here started getting calls, within two hours of the call.

I'm having D TV installed this very moment for the first time ever.

I'm calling two hours after the guy leaves.
Why not have the Installer call DTV while he's there? He can tell them he just got done installing but the customer now wants to cancel, and he's implementing Operation NEWDEAL1 stat. Maybe he has gift cards on him? Don't they want to retain you as a customer?

I got impatient and called the number and said I recieved a missed call

Bill went from $104 to $76 for one year (normally pay in the $85 to $91 range)

Sunday Ticket Max

Then she offered HBO I said I don't use it anything else and she then gave the $200 GC I don't have to do anything it comes 6-8 weeks.

Just called and set my cancel date for June 5th.

I only have a month left of my contract so I would think I would get a nice offer.

I have never paid for ST before and I sure as hell don't plan to start now. :)

Throw in an monthly discount and $200 gift card and I will be glad to stay another year.

Call back that special number in two hours saying you missed a call from them and got an email about staying with them.

I only have a month left of my contract so I would think I would get a nice offer.

Throw in an monthly discount and $200 gift card and I will be glad to stay another year.

Call back that special number in two hours saying you missed a call from them and got an email about staying with them.

Can you post that number again?

called and cancelled was offered nothing after 11 years with them. Could tell right from when the CSR picked up she wasnt about to offer anything. She almost seemed irritated that I called to bother her

Can you post that number again?
The script is here

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/537834-can-you-negotiate-with-directv/?p=18062457

Just scheduled my disconnection for June 12. They told me the only thing they could do was to give me 3 months of HBO and Cinemax. And my contract is done!

I await the email from them.

avoiding injuries said:
My call: 2:09

Their calls:

3:54

4:15

4:26
:lmao: Wow
No exaggeration. They also called at:4:34

4:39

4:42

4:44

And then I finally answered at:

4:47 (call lasted 23 minutes, and 10 were spent waiting for someone to verify what we agreed on)
That's so bizarre. I made the initial call, got the NewDeal1 email 2 days later and then waited another 2 days to call them back ... and they never tried to call me once. I thought that meant I was screwed but I still got all the goodies.

GoFishTN said:
I've got like 14 months left on my commitment. Anyone had any luck with more than a year?
I'm at a year left and starting to get itchy here seeing all the luck.

Worst case scenario is you don't get anything and pay the $20/month cancellation...then you call back and get the service again at a likely better deal :shrug: But I doubt it even gets that far

avoiding injuries said:

Their calls:

4:47 (call lasted 23 minutes, and 10 were spent waiting for someone to verify what we agreed on)
That's so bizarre. I made the initial call, got the NewDeal1 email 2 days later and then waited another 2 days to call them back ... and they never tried to call me once. I thought that meant I was screwed but I still got all the goodies.
My cell number is on my account so when I call they automatically recognize me. I'm not sure why they called so many times though.

Took them only 16 hours to call me. ?

Got the $200 gift card. $40 off bill, ST max for free and free movie Chanel's for 3 months. 12 month renew.

Couldn't be more happy.

Just set my date for the 5th of June as well. Didn't even hear them out when they said they had some deals for me. I usually do the whole process every year but trying this way now. You guy better be right!!! Had 14 months remaining on my contract.

avoiding injuries said:

Their calls:

people I know who cancelled (and had no intention of signing back up again) had to block the number because Directv wouldn't stop calling them back begging them to stay.

Now when the 2nd call goes down, is it a negotiation or do they just start throwing this stuff at you?

Now when the 2nd call goes down, is it a negotiation or do they just start throwing this stuff at you?
Mine was a negotiation. He offered something and asked if that would work. I countered, he conceded. I requested ST Max, he said no problem. I said a friend got a $200 Visa card when he signed up and he said I was eligible for that too. Then he added some movie channels and when the lady came on to verify, she gave me another $10 off a month for 12 months.

Mine was a negotiation. He offered something and asked if that would work. I countered, he conceded. I requested ST Max, he said no problem. I said a friend got a $200 Visa card when he signed up and he said I was eligible for that too.Then he added some movie channels and when the lady came on to verify, she gave me another $10 off a month for 12 months.
Where was the $40+/mo. lower offers???? Dammit I need to do this.

They just laid mine all out at once. I did not have to ask.

You know what the group is though from every one else's responses:

~$43 off per month ( from my bill this looks to be two different credit's)

2015 Sunday Ticket Max

3 months free HBO/Starz/Showtime

$200 gift card

If you don't get all 4 items just mention that you read online about what ever piece you are missing as they probably just did not scroll down their offer screen to read it all to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just laid mine all out at once. I did not have to ask.

You know what the group is though from every one else's responses:

~$43 off per month ( from my bill this looks to be two different credit's)

2015 Sunday Ticket Max

3 months free HBO/Starz/Showtime

$200 gift card

If you don't get all 4 items just mention that you read online about what ever piece you are missing as they probably just did not scroll down their offer screen to read it all to you.
Right. He offered me two of the four. I slowed played the next two and it was no problem. This one was easy but in the past I just talked to them like he was my buddy had him laughing and such. Not sure if I needed to be that way but it's always worked for me.

Just set my date for the 5th of June as well. Didn't even hear them out when they said they had some deals for me. I usually do the whole process every year but trying this way now. You guy better be right!!! Had 14 months remaining on my contract.
I'll be watching this one closely as I have about a year still left on my contract.

I'll be watching this one closely as I have about a year still left on my contract.
Took less than 18 hours for them to call back. I got everything! Thanks bros. 43 dollars off a month. Sunday Ticket Max for free. 200 gift card. They didn't mention the movies channels so I did and they gave them to me as well. 20 minutes of my time. I love Directv!

Took less than 18 hours for them to call back. I got everything! Thanks bros. 43 dollars off a month. Sunday Ticket Max for free. 200 gift card. They didn't mention the movies channels so I did and they gave them to me as well. 20 minutes of my time. I love Directv!
so how did they handle the fact that you were still on contract? Did they extend your current contract a year or did they handle it differently?

so how did they handle the fact that you were still on contract? Did they extend your current contract a year or did they handle it differently?
I honestly have no clue. They said a new 12-month contract. I'm not sure if that means they would add to my existing or a new 12-month. I really wasn't too concerned, because I never plan on leaving Directv. Sorry I'm not much help on the question.

Has anyone who tried already had some credits on their account? I think I'm on about month 9 of a 12 month $20 off credit. I'm only paying about $74 a month with HBO. Still worth the call or should I wait until right before football season when the credit is done?

Has anyone who tried already had some credits on their account? I think I'm on about month 9 of a 12 month $20 off credit. I'm only paying about $74 a month with HBO. Still worth the call or should I wait until right before football season when the credit is done?
I had 2 or 3 months left and it didn't seem to make any difference at all.

If you have to wait for the actual disconnection to get the offer, you lose those credits.

If you have to wait for the actual disconnection to get the offer, you lose those credits.
I was under the impression that you don't disconnect, you cancel if you don't get the offer right away and try again.

I had some small credits left as well and had no issues. They simply remove those old credits and replace them with the new deal.

I was under the impression that you don't disconnect, you cancel if you don't get the offer right away and try again.
that is correct. Cancel and set your disconnect date a couple of weeks out. This allows you the time to get the NEWDEAL with out losing service.

just made the call. on the phone the guy was offering $45 but nothing else. if he would have offered the ST max, i would have been fine on the spot. he suggested putting in a "pending cancellation" so the credits could still be valid. i declined and set it up for the 15th. with the holiday weekend, i will give it until wed or thurs for me to call back.

this is gold!

Users who are viewing this thread