What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Capella’s Soon-to-Be Extremely Wrong Over/Under Predictions 2022 (1 Viewer)

Capella

Footballguy
Mainly curious how I do by the end of the year. Add yours if interested or mock me because I said your favorite team isn’t that good.

Arizona 8.5 - under. Feel like this is gonna be a mess and Kliff may be gone at the end of the year.

Atlanta 4.5 - under. 4-13 seems right to me. Mariotta isn’t taking them on some magical run.

Baltimore 10.5 - slight over at 11. Presuming Lamar stays healthy, elite players deserves the payday.

Buffalo 11.5 - under. Think they win 10 or 11. Best defensive player out a quarter of the year, think they are an excellent team but the hype train is way out of control based on that KC game. Which, you know…they lost.

Carolina 6.5 - over. Think Baker makes them 7-win competent. They could also make a desperation trade to save everybody’s job.

Chicago 6.5 - way under. Had to double check to make sure this number was correct. May have taken the under if it were 4.5.

Cincinnati 9.5 - slight over at 10-7 for me. Hard to bounce back off those crushing Super Bowl losses but Burrow is a superhuman.

Cleveland 8.5 - slight under at 8 for me. Goodish team around Watson but Briskett isn’t really that good. Seems like they have average to above-average trench play though could tilt to 9.

Dallas 10.5 - way under. Think this could be a fiasco and McCarthy is gone for Payton at the end of the year. Already have injury problems, not the usual plethora of skill talent, big pass for me.

Denver 10.5 - another under. Think Russ makes them better but that’s a rough division. I think they are the 4th best team there.

Detroit 6.5 - going with 7 here as their trench play should be solid on both lines and Chicago has the possibility of being two wins alone. Goff isn’t good but sort of competent and they have some playmakers on offense too.

Green Bay 10.5 - 11 win team till Rodgers retires. Defense is fantastic and he’ll move the ball enough.

Houston 4.5 - under for me. 3-14 team, cannot believe Lovie is back as a head coach and that skill talent, especially at QB…woof.

Indy 9.5 - over. I think 10-11 wins. Ryan gives them a QB with a brain unlike that doofus they had last year.

Jacksonville 6.5 - under. 7 is asking for too much. 6 doubles their wins from 2021 and is a great season. They have improved their talent but going to 7 is a bridge too far for me.

Kansas City 10.5 - easy over. Too much of an overreaction to trading Hill. Mahomes will get them to 11-12 wins.

Chargers 10.5 - over. Yea I think they win 11. Herbert could make the super leap up and they have studs everywhere. Hopefully they get the last great year out of Mack.

Rams 10.5 - under. Think they win 9 or 10. Lot went right last year, they certainly have a lot of skill and the best coaching staff in the game and probably the best player but it’s hard to repeat and they are not a dominant SB Champ. Could have some egg on my face here but I think they face a lot of challenges running it back.

Raiders 8.5 - big over for me. They’re pretty good! Went over this last year and added a (presumably) good staff and a stud wideout and Chandler Jones - I like them a lot. Line play seems like it could hold them back.

How many teams are there Jesus Christ.

Miami 8.5 - slight over. Lot of talent on both sides, think they get to 9 wins and compete for the final wild card.

Minnesota 9.5 - under. Think they win 9 and also get that final wild card. Cousins is who he is at this point and I’m not banking on 10 wins. Should be a massive coaching upgrade though, that guy was a maniac.

New England 8.5 - under. Training camp fiasco team but that gets overplayed. What doesn’t though is they lack talent, have no OC, I think the QB is meh and while Bill will steal a few games, talent wins most often.

My God there’s still like a dozen teams left

New Orleans 8.5 - over, slightly. Good defense, the deep in the playoffs hype is ridiculous though. They still have Jameis at QB and a coach that had a winning percentage at his last job that would make Vanderbilt football blush.

Giants 7.5 - under, come on. Yea they were ok last year but I’m not a believer in Jones. Another team that should have a massive coaching upgrade but I can’t buy 8 wins with them.

Jets 5.5 - under, 5 seems right to me. Over may hit as they are forced to play the better QB the first month of the year.

Eagles 9.5 - under. Not going to 10 on this team yet but this is one I concede I could be very wrong on. Just not sure Hurts is that guy for a double-digit win season. Tampa tore him apart last year in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh 7.5 - under. 7 seems right to me. Tomlin alone may pull them to that but the QB play should be bad. Bad bad offensive line too. Defense will have to win some tight ones.

San Fran 9.5 - sliiiiiiiiight over. I don’t know about the NFC West this year. Going to have to see it with Lance to believe it but even if he struggles we know they can run the hell out of the ball and shorten the game.

Seattle 5.5 - under. No thanks. Any team with that QB combo is getting faded by me.

Tampa Bay 11.5 - over. Homer time. I think they win 11 or 12 games but if I’m betting my favorite team with the most legendary QB there has ever been, I’m sure as hell not betting the under. What’s the fun in that?

Tennessee 9.5 - under. No wideouts, lost Landry, QB kinda sucks, Jax and Indy are better, not a lot to like here.

Washington 7.5 - under. This entire franchise can go to hell.

Mainly curious how I do by the end of the year. Add yours if interested or mock me because I said your favorite team isn’t that good.

Arizona 8.5 - under. Feel like this is gonna be a mess and Kliff may be gone at the end of the year.

Atlanta 4.5 - under. 4-13 seems right to me. Mariotta isn’t taking them on some magical run.

Baltimore 10.5 - slight over at 11. Presuming Lamar stays healthy, elite players deserves the payday.

Buffalo 11.5 - under. Think they win 10 or 11. Best defensive player out a quarter of the year, think they are an excellent team but the hype train is way out of control based on that KC game. Which, you know…they lost.

Carolina 6.5 - over. Think Baker makes them 7-win competent. They could also make a desperation trade to save everybody’s job.

Chicago 6.5 - way under. Had to double check to make sure this number was correct. May have taken the under if it were 4.5.

Cincinnati 9.5 - slight over at 10-7 for me. Hard to bounce back off those crushing Super Bowl losses but Burrow is a superhuman.

Cleveland 8.5 - slight under at 8 for me. Goodish team around Watson but Briskett isn’t really that good. Seems like they have average to above-average trench play though could tilt to 9.

Dallas 10.5 - way under. Think this could be a fiasco and McCarthy is gone for Payton at the end of the year. Already have injury problems, not the usual plethora of skill talent, big pass for me.

Denver 10.5 - another under. Think Russ makes them better but that’s a rough division. I think they are the 4th best team there.

Detroit 6.5 - going with 7 here as their trench play should be solid on both lines and Chicago has the possibility of being two wins alone. Goff isn’t good but sort of competent and they have some playmakers on offense too.

Green Bay 10.5 - 11 win team till Rodgers retires. Defense is fantastic and he’ll move the ball enough.

Houston 4.5 - under for me. 3-14 team, cannot believe Lovie is back as a head coach and that skill talent, especially at QB…woof.

Indy 9.5 - over. I think 10-11 wins. Ryan gives them a QB with a brain unlike that doofus they had last year.

Jacksonville 6.5 - under. 7 is asking for too much. 6 doubles their wins from 2021 and is a great season. They have improved their talent but going to 7 is a bridge too far for me.

Kansas City 10.5 - easy over. Too much of an overreaction to trading Hill. Mahomes will get them to 11-12 wins.

Chargers 10.5 - over. Yea I think they win 11. Herbert could make the super leap up and they have studs everywhere. Hopefully they get the last great year out of Mack.

Rams 10.5 - under. Think they win 9 or 10. Lot went right last year, they certainly have a lot of skill and the best coaching staff in the game and probably the best player but it’s hard to repeat and they are not a dominant SB Champ. Could have some egg on my face here but I think they face a lot of challenges running it back.

Raiders 8.5 - big over for me. They’re pretty good! Went over this last year and added a (presumably) good staff and a stud wideout and Chandler Jones - I like them a lot. Line play seems like it could hold them back.

Miami 8.5 - slight over. Lot of talent on both sides, think they get to 9 wins and compete for the final wild card.

Minnesota 9.5 - under. Think they win 9 and also get that final wild card. Cousins is who he is at this point and I’m not banking on 10 wins. Should be a massive coaching upgrade though, that guy was a maniac.

New England 8.5 - under. Training camp fiasco team but that gets overplayed. What doesn’t though is they lack talent, have no OC, I think the QB is meh and while Bill will steal a few games, talent wins most often.

New Orleans 8.5 - over, slightly. Good defense, the deep in the playoffs hype is ridiculous though. They still have Jameis at QB and a coach that had a winning percentage at his last job that would make Vanderbilt football blush.

Giants 7.5 - under, come on. Yea they were ok last year but I’m not a believer in Jones. Another team that should have a massive coaching upgrade but I can’t buy 8 wins with them.

Jets 5.5 - under, 5 seems right to me. Over may hit as they are forced to play the better QB the first month of the year.

Eagles 9.5 - under. Not going to 10 on this team yet but this is one I concede I could be very wrong on. Just not sure Hurts is that guy for a double-digit win season. Tampa tore him apart last year in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh 7.5 - under. 7 seems right to me. Tomlin alone may pull them to that but the QB play should be bad. Bad bad offensive line too. Defense will have to win some tight ones.

San Fran 9.5 - sliiiiiiiiight over. I don’t know about the NFC West this year. Going to have to see it with Lance to believe it but even if he struggles we know they can run the hell out of the ball and shorten the game.

Seattle 5.5 - under. No thanks. Any team with that QB combo is getting faded by me.

Tampa Bay 11.5 - over. Homer time. I think they win 11 or 12 games but if I’m betting my favorite team with the most legendary QB there has ever been, I’m sure as hell not betting the under. What’s the fun in that?

Tennessee 9.5 - under. No wideouts, lost Landry, QB kinda sucks, Jax and Indy are better, not a lot to like here.

lol when you kept seeing all the teams.
I think you went UNDER way too many times. Added up your predicted wins and you're at 262-264 and there's 272 games. Maybe the 16 game schedule is stuck in your mind (I'm sure you know it's 17, just seeing that number of wins looks high but it's not as high with 17 games

So you think the NFC East will be bad (you're probably right), but how do you see that?
Philly 9
Dallas 8
Wash 7
Giants 6
?

It's pretty likely someone gets to 10 wins there.

lol when you kept seeing all the teams.
I think you went UNDER way too many times. Added up your predicted wins and you're at 262-264 and there's 272 games. Maybe the 16 game schedule is stuck in your mind (I'm sure you know it's 17, just seeing that number of wins looks high but it's not as high with 17 games

So you think the NFC East will be bad (you're probably right), but how do you see that?
Philly 9
Dallas 8
Wash 7
Giants 6
?

It's pretty likely someone gets to 10 wins there.
Your answer is right there in the thread title lol.

No I knew I would be shy with all the unders but I didn’t want to add it up. I may end up being very wrong on the Eagles, they have everything needed but I’m bearish on Hurts’ ability to win that many games.

Philly winning 12 games

God, I'm reminded that to everybody else but their fans, the Jets should be picking at the top of the draft again.

Maybe this time we'll luck out and draft a QB.

Oh wait...

Arizona 8.5 - over, but not by much - great offensive talent held back by coach who does dumb things

Atlanta 4.5 - under, what a mess

Baltimore 10.5 - over, and defense will be improved.

Buffalo 11.5 - way over, my pick for Supe Bowl champion

Carolina 6.5 - over if CMC stays healthy

Chicago 6.5 - under....no, way under. maybe next year sign a 2nd WR, they're kind of important in this league.

Cincinnati 9.5 - over, like their offense and their HC.

Cleveland 8.5 - way under. actually loved their roster construction a year or two ago but man are they headed south in a hurry.

Dallas 10.5 - slight under.

Denver 10.5 - def over, team is gonna be so much better on both sides of the ball.

Detroit 6.5 - under I may be done if they don't get it right this rebuild. Big talent deficit on defense - is Aidan Hutchinson great? He cannot be just OK or good.

Green Bay 10.5 - FTP I wouldn't take the over if they put it at 5.

Houston 4.5 - over, they actually might be competitive. sort of. it's all relative.

Indy 9.5 - over because I like their defense, but not enough playmakers (IMO) to go deep in the playoffs.

Jacksonville 6.5 - under, though I do think Lawrence starts playing better.

Kansas City 10.5 - under. offensive line concerns me, lack of playmakers on offense outside the otherworldly QB/TE.

Chargers 10.5 - over and a deep run. well rounded team.

Rams 10.5 - over. last night will be one of their worst games all year.

Raiders 8.5 - over, though ibh I'd prefer Josh McDaniels flame out again.

There are 32 teams @Capella

Miami 8.5 - over, gonna be tough out every week.

Minnesota 9.5 - way under. overhauling the roster, might wanna grab a Snickers.

New England 8.5 - under. Sith Lord will seem human. For like a minute.

@Capella do you even run?

New Orleans 8.5 - smidge over.

Giants 7.5 - under. thinking this was a typo.

Jets 5.5 - under. how many times can you draft the wrong QB? we're about to find out.

Eagles 9.5 - way over, probably going to the NFCCG, possible Super Bowl. Great roster. Muddled RBs and QB can make sketch throws but this is how you build an NFL franchise. Look at every position group - there are no true weaknesses here.

Pittsburgh 7.5 - over as I expect the defense to improve. should bite the bullet and play Pickett though.

San Fran 9.5 - over, and I think Lance takes a big step forward. another fantastic roster, could be a Super Bowl loser.

Seattle 5.5 - under. bad defense and bad QB is no way to go through life.

Tampa Bay 11.5 - under, oldest team in the league. but never bet against Brady right?

Tennessee 9.5 - over. King Henry returns. Vrabel vs Dan Campbell in the octagon would be an awesome event, right? this is a football coach.

Washington 7.5 - under, so dysfunctional they make a Lions fan feel good.

FTR I have never placed a sports bet. OK, I did go to Belmont for the Triple Crown. But I'm just not a gambler. Last year someone finally explained what that +/- in parenthesis thing means.

Chicago 6.5 - under....no, way under. maybe next year sign a 2nd WR, they're kind of important in this league.
Detroit 6.5 - under I may be done if they don't get it right this rebuild. Big talent deficit on defense - is Aidan Hutchinson great? He cannot be just OK or good.

Bobby - Someone has to win in the NFC North when they play each other.

:lmao:

I didn’t promise it would make sense when I got done.

IDK, lot of people think MIN will bounce back, but they’ve been tearing that roster up. Lot of warts.

We can all agree CHI is a mess.

We think DET is headed in the right direction. They still look like a 5-7 win team to me.

Nothing personal but FTP. Been making my life miserable for close to 30 years lol. Seriously, it is a good defense and I love both RBs. Probably not getting far in the playoffs but still the best in the North. OK, fine, over, who cares.
:p

hahaha I think he's just down on his Lions and wants everyone else to suffer too. Apparently he sees the division ending like this:

Detroit 6-11
Minny 6-11
Green Bay 4-13
Chicago 3-14

IDK, lot of people think MIN will bounce back, but they’ve been tearing that roster up. Lot of warts.

We think DET is headed in the right direction. They still look like a 5-7 win team to me.

Nothing personal but FTP. Been making my life miserable for close to 30 years lol. Seriously, it is a good defense and I love both RBs. Probably not getting far in the playoffs but still the best in the North. OK, fine, over, who cares.
Haha, so:

GBP 5-1-11
MIN 4-2-11
DET 5-12
CHI 5-12

Maybe something like that lol

hahaha I think he's just down on his Lions and wants everyone else to suffer too. Apparently he sees the division ending like this:

Detroit 6-11
Minny 6-11
Green Bay 4-13
Chicago 3-14

I mean all four could be under by 0.5 and it’s 10-6, 9-7, 6-10, 6-10.

I’m happy the direction the Lions are going in, love the GM, but the D is porous.

Detroit 6-11
Minny 6-11
Green Bay 4-13
Chicago 3-14

I’m happy the direction the Lions are going in, love the GM, but the D is porous.
Haha well you did say on GB "I wouldn't take the over if they put it at 5" and said "WAY UNDER" to the other ones.

I think Chicago is the only team I pick the UNDER on in that whole div.

Haha, so:

GBP 5-1-11
MIN 4-2-11
DET 5-12
CHI 5-12

Maybe something like that lol

It is probably the weakest division again this year, so I guess that is possible. But I've seen some projections that have GB with a bye and the Vikings with a wild card. Its a great time of year.

Detroit 6-11
Minny 6-11
Green Bay 4-13
Chicago 3-14

Haha well you did say on GB "I wouldn't take the over if they put it at 5" and said "WAY UNDER" to the other ones.

I think Chicago is the only team I pick the UNDER on in that whole div.

I don’t gamble

But as I understand it the premise is over or under - not over by a lot or under by a smidge

Whether I feel strongly or not, 0.5 game correct or 4.5 games correct, both are a win

anyway I don’t think any of the North teams are going deep

rn it seems like the AFC had stronger “best teams”

what I love about this league our Week 2 expectations are so different from preseason

and November / December when it starts to matter we’ll have vastly different views

But as I understand it the premise is over or under - not over by a lot or under by a smidge
Haha, I guess I understood your "way under" meaning your prediction was a lot of games under the number
I have no doubt whatsoever I would lose a lot of money if I did gamble!

It’s an interesting time in the NFC North. GB has had a stranglehold, 12 of the last 20 division titles (12-4-4-0.) The expectation is they’ll be vulnerable post-Rodgers. But who really has the roster to challenge them, with or without AR12? Right now I’d say no one.

But I like what Holmes is doing in Detroit. First time in my 56 seasons of being a fan we’re building a team from the inside out, acquiring talent on both the OL & DL. It’s an old school Parcels view and I’m not totally sure it fits todays NFL.

I don’t know if Campbell is a good coach. Positivity and motivation and authenticity….that’s all great stuff. But after 2-3 years of that you have to see it translate into wins. He’s an awesome dude and I hope he succeeds. But his style is…unique. Nobody else coaches like him.

Haha, I guess I understood your "way under" meaning your prediction was a lot of games under the number
I have no doubt whatsoever I would lose a lot of money if I did gamble!

It’s an interesting time in the NFC North. GB has had a stranglehold, 12 of the last 20 division titles (12-4-4-0.) The expectation is they’ll be vulnerable post-Rodgers. But who really has the roster to challenge them, with or without AR12? Right now I’d say no one.

But I like what Holmes is doing in Detroit. First time in my 56 seasons of being a fan we’re building a team from the inside out, acquiring talent on both the OL & DL. It’s an old school Parcels view and I’m not totally sure it fits todays NFL.

I don’t know if Campbell is a good coach. Positivity and motivation and authenticity….that’s all great stuff. But after 2-3 years of that you have to see it translate into wins. He’s an awesome dude and I hope he succeeds. But his style is…unique. Nobody else coaches like him.
I really like what Detroit is doing too. Building through the trenches, slowly acquiring young offensive talent, etc. They might need one more year and likely a good rookie QB, but I think they'll be challenging for the division in 2 years, or even next year.

God, I'm reminded that to everybody else but their fans, the Jets should be picking at the top of the draft again.

Maybe this time we'll luck out and draft a QB.

Oh wait...
Yea man I’m sorry but I think that guy is going to be a huge bust. Bigger problem is the 2023 draft has good qb prospects but will the Jets have seen enough of Wilson to move on?

Bigger problem is the 2023 draft has good qb prospects but will the Jets have seen enough of Wilson to move on?

That's really what I'm getting at. They're in quite the conundrum. They likely will have a shot at a QB early. Do they pull the trigger like the AZ Cardinals did with Murray?

I think ATL could get a little frisky this year.

I think Matt Ryan is getting some kind of halo effect from Wentz sucking so bad. 37 year old is riding in on his white horse to save the Colts.

I think it's got people thinking the Falcons just lost an MVP caliber QB.

I ain't saying Mariota is better, but he's almost .500 as a QB, which Ryan hasn't done in almost half a decade.

If Mariota don't bring the spark, the kid could. I could see this being a fun offense.

I think ATL could get a little frisky this year.

I think Matt Ryan is getting some kind of halo effect from Wentz sucking so bad. 37 year old is riding in on his white horse to save the Colts.

I think it's got people thinking the Falcons just lost an MVP caliber QB.

I ain't saying Mariota is better, but he's almost .500 as a QB, which Ryan hasn't done in almost half a decade.

If Mariota don't bring the spark, the kid could. I could see this being a fun offense.

Mariota is not a starter. That Cincinnati qb they drafted is also not a likely starter. They are setting up to get their qb next year.
Atl has some pieces but they won't win many games.

Probably not, but it’s likely also the result of a bad defense, poor OL, and having their WR1 suspended for the year than anything MM might do or not do.

Any reconsideration based on the demolition of the Rams?

Any reconsideration based on the demolition of the Rams?
Yea I was going to write that the rams game would likely decide which way those two bets go. Wish I was more emphatic on the Rams, I don’t believe in them at all, didn’t really last year either. Why was Todd Bowles in man to man!!! :mad:

Bills likely go over but week one is a liar. They look awesome though.

Users who are viewing this thread