What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cards want a third-rounder for Boldin (1 Viewer)

I could see teams getting creative in an uncapped year:

Say 19 mil in 2010

with team options for the nex two at 3 mil each
Then he'll cry in 2011 and 2012 that he's underpaid
In no way has Boldin impressed me that he is a whiny tool about money. He has quietly mentioned each of the last few years that he desired a new contract and more money. Even though he got neither of his desires he never lacked for participation in team activities and has given his all for the Cardinals. He never held out of TC. He has been a model player and a model citizen. So what if he got into it with Haley a couple of years ago? Boldin is the penultimate team player and he would be a valuable addition to any team which acquired his services. I don't think what YLiU is suggesting is that far out of the realm of possibilities. It basically kills two birds in one shot. It provides Boldin with a large payday which he almost assuredly deserves and gives the team acquiring him a chance to see if they want to retain his services longer than one year. Heck, for the right team that could mean a SB Championship in 2010. If Boldin doesn't pan out for that team they could cut bait if they chose. It seems to work for both parties involved.

I don't think I'm seeing this wrong........am I?
Boldin has been a true pro while being vastly underpaid the last two years.

Boldin is a guy like Sharper that would be a huge upgrade for so many teams, but just doesn't get signed/traded.

It's befuddling.

I'm not really buying a 3rd round pick as the asking price. If Boldin played out his contract in Arizona and later signed as a free agent somewhere, the Cardinals would get a compensatory pick as high as a third round pick depending on what he signed for. So they basically would be getting rid of Boldin for almost the same thing as if they kept him and let him walk.

Cassius said:
I could see teams getting creative in an uncapped year:Say 19 mil in 2010with team options for the nex two at 3 mil each
You can't do this. I forget the specific number offhand, but a player's salary can only increase by X% from one year to the next.
I amy be wrong but I think That's only for the FAs of final 4 or or the final 8 teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
RUMOR

Heard on the radio this afternoon that a Boldin trade was a "done deal." The three most likely teams are Baltimore, KC, or NE. Supposedly the Cards have received a lot of offers and they are weighing their options right now, and the speculation was that the deal was for a 2nd round pick.

For locals, this was on Bickley and MJ.

Done deal. Boldin/2010 5th for Ravens 2010 3rd and 4th. Per Schefter's tweet
:lmao:My favorite player gone. Cards lose Warner and Boldin on offense, and Dansby and Rolle on defense. That's a ton of leadership walking out the door.

Done deal. Boldin/2010 5th for Ravens 2010 3rd and 4th. Per Schefter's tweet
:confused:My favorite player gone. Cards lose Warner and Boldin on offense, and Dansby and Rolle on defense. That's a ton of leadership walking out the door.
Let's cornhole with some kleenex. This sux bad, but had to be done.
I agree it had to be done. Better to get something now than nothing next year. It just sucks seeing your favorite guy go. I didn't think I'd feel this way because I knew it was coming, but I am actually really bummed out right now.I say we cornhole with beer and kleenex...

Users who are viewing this thread