What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS FAAB system (2 Viewers)

4th&inches

Footballguy
I've been the commish of my (paid) CBS keeper league for almost a decade now and we finally went to the FAAB system for waivers this year. However, unlike other sites, once waivers run Wed morning all players are NOT open for free pickups. You need to wait till the next day & have to submit another bid on them.

i.e. In Yahoo:

• waivers run Wed morning
  • all FAAB bids due Tue night
  • after FAAB bids have been won, all players left are able to be picked up for free as FA's.
Am I crazy in assuming this (yahoo example) is how FAAB waivers should be run?

Has anyone else used CBS in the past / currently and have any idea how I can get around this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but figured if anyone might know something; it'd be here.

thanks in advance

Thats the way it works in our cbs league and i hate it. I always figured it was the commishes decision and not software limitations though. Myfantasyleague we do it the way you wanna do it.

Not familiar with CBS, but it's not possible ESPN.

One work around is to make $0 minimum bids and do auctions every day from Wed-Sun. Not exactly like a FCFS pick-up system, but it works almost the same.

There is an easy way to make it work the way you want....

Once the bids have been run, simply go in to commish tools, then go to the transaction policies link and then set it up for allow owners to do add/drops or commish approved add/drops if you want to set a time.... then once the Monday games have started you can set it back to FAAB. It keeps all the information on bids and how much money is left... then once the bids have run again for the next week, simply repeat....

Once the bids have been run, simply go in to commish tools, then go to the transaction policies link and then set it up for allow owners to do add/drops or commish approved add/drops if you want to set a time.... then once the Monday games have started you can set it back to FAAB. It keeps all the information on bids and how much money is left... then once the bids have run again for the next week, simply repeat....
I wouldn't call that "easy."

Is there no way to set it up to automatically run FAAB on, say, Wednesday morning and then have FCFS for the rest of the week?

there is no way. We run it exactly how Wally Cleaver explained. Someone with commish rights will have to go in and change the policy to allow add/drops instead of FAAB. The good thing is that CBS site remembers the budgets for everyone even if you switch it back and forth. A pain in the butt, but it's what works for us. ESPN won't let you switch back and forth at all.

I wouldn't call that "easy."

Is there no way to set it up to automatically run FAAB on, say, Wednesday morning and then have FCFS for the rest of the week?
It's really not that tough... It's a couple clicks... Remembering after the Monday games is the only hard part actually... Set a reminder on your phone...

Wow, that's insane. Has it always been that way or is that another one of the "improvements" they've made in the past year or two?
Waivers work that way, waiver first day and free for all following. FAAB is new to CBS as of last year or the year before so still immature system. Wally's way is fairly easy, it's like four clicks for the commissioner twice a week.

FAAB has been around longer actually. We've been using CBS for a long time and the FAAB for at least 3-4 years if not longer

Wow, that's insane. Has it always been that way or is that another one of the "improvements" they've made in the past year or two?
Been that way for at least 7 years now because we tried it in 2006 and it did exactly how it was explained which prevented someone from being able to pick up a player on Sunday morning to replace a last minute scratch. Put in requests year after year to make the "enhancement" during the offseason to allow free agent pickups after FAAB runs (similar to their normal worst-to-first waivers process). Seems like a pretty easy programming fix. But guess CBS was too fixated on prettying up their site instead. So we finally left and went to MFL this year. Works great there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the switching - we have the commish manually process the fcfs moves after the faab runs - it's a much bigger pain in the ###

What a piece of #### this website is. I got a free trial for a CBS league, and thought I'd give it a go this year. This thing has been such a pain in my ###. You couldn't pay me to use it.

Just like the original OP here, we desire to run FAAB followed by FCFS, which is absolutely insane that it isn't an option to begin with, but I decided to stick it out, and give it a go with the manual switching. HOWEVER...

We do a $100 FAAB budget, but then FCFS pickups cost you $2 against that budget as well. This apparently cannot be done. I've processed our FAAB pickups, and now I've switched to FCFS, and set it to cost $2 per pickup, but there is no way to tie it to that FAAB budget other than manually changing the amount every Monday when I switch back over to FAAB.

It is just insane to me that the commish services that charges you the MOST in the industry seems to be lacking the simplest of options and customizations. I am MFL 4 Life, because of crap like this offered by the "big boys."

Rant over. Sorry.

I don't think many sites will let you run a FAAB system, then do a FCFS system the next day that still takes money out of the FAAB budget. The 3 sites I use can't do that

This is how it works on ESPN and we don't mind. Gives each owner a chance each day for players. I have used leagues that are setup both ways and I actually prefer CBS/ESPN's way as weird as that sounds. But it allows each owner to get to a computer at night and submit their bids for the next day. Some are not on a computer/phone during the day, so this makes it fair to all. The only issue I have is the time that it gets processed each day. ESPN does not allow you to do a custom time and instead you have to do it on the hour. So of course we don't want to choose 12 pm CST as our processing time for each day, since that would make it impossible to get your players in on Sundays after pickups since they would be considered locked at game time. So we do 11 am CST each day, but you usually know by then who the inactives are. Sure would be nice if ESPN would allow for a custom time though, ex: 11:30 am CST.

I've been the commish of my (paid) CBS keeper league for almost a decade now and we finally went to the FAAB system for waivers this year. However, unlike other sites, once waivers run Wed morning all players are NOT open for free pickups. You need to wait till the next day & have to submit another bid on them.

i.e. In Yahoo:

• waivers run Wed morning
  • all FAAB bids due Tue night
  • after FAAB bids have been won, all players left are able to be picked up for free as FA's.
Am I crazy in assuming this (yahoo example) is how FAAB waivers should be run?

Has anyone else used CBS in the past / currently and have any idea how I can get around this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but figured if anyone might know something; it'd be here.

thanks in advance

I was actually wondering earlier in the preseason if the other sites are catching up to MFL in functionality.

Apparently not, then, if they won't give you control over your own waiver schedule and type.

Users who are viewing this thread