What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chad Jackson will NOT make it past the Chargers (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
I'm going on record saying that there is ZERO chance that the Chargers take someone else and let Chad Jackson go to the Chiefs or Broncos. He may very well go higher to the Cowboys or another team, but the Chargers cannot afford to face Chad Jackson twice a year and will not let it happen. A tackle would be great to draft, but Quentin Jammer vs. Chad Jackson twice a year is a nightmare for Chargers fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going on record saying that there is ZERO chance that the Chargers take someone else and let Chad Jackson go to the Chiefs or Broncos. He may very well go higher to the Cowboys or another team, but the Chargers cannot afford to face Chad Jackson twice a year and will not let it happen. A tackle would be great to draft, but Quentin Jammer vs. Chad Jackson twice a year is a nightmare for Chargers fans.
Its chad jackson mania, a specimen. however, jerry porter was exactly the same out of college, it took him a few years.

Porter was a safety out of West Virgina correct? If I'm correct, where's the comparison?
I couldn't remember if he was a S or not, he was a project.The better comparison here may be another sleeper WR from the southeast.

6'4", 220 lbs, ran a 4.38. That is a physical specimen as well.

Porter was a safety out of West Virgina correct? If I'm correct, where's the comparison?
I couldn't remember if he was a S or not, he was a project.The better comparison here may be another sleeper WR from the southeast.

How were his hands again? Did he have injury problems in the NFL?

:banned: I'll drink to that. I'm crazy too though.

Ryan Hoag?

Yeah, i'm thinking that Dallas will take him at the 17th spot.....Maybe Denver can swap the 22nd pick along with a 3rd and move up and take Jackson....this kid looks like the real deal (but what do i know, i've only read about him)

OOH OOH, I know this!!! :lmao:

OOH OOH, I know this!!! :lmao:
So do I but the two have little in common beyond speed. Here were the known negatives he had that Jackson doesn't:
Will compete for the ball, but despite his leaping ability, tends to have problems maintaining position going for the high pass … Has to work on extending his hands better as he will absorb and trap the ball on occasion … Has large hands, yet they are not soft … Will cradle and body catch rather than plucking and extending for the ball, but has shown improvement trying to catch the ball outside the frame … Struggles fighting for the high pass, but maintains concentration on the ball in flight …

Yeah, i'm thinking that Dallas will take him at the 17th spot.....Maybe Denver can swap the 22nd pick along with a 3rd and move up and take Jackson....this kid looks like the real deal (but what do i know, i've only read about him)
Dont count on Dallas making this pick at all. If Dallas stays here , which I am predicting they wont, I would put money on it that Dallas doesn't take a WR. Maybe San Diego trades up with Dallas to grab this guy...... :popcorn:

Dont count on Dallas making this pick at all. If Dallas stays here , which I am predicting they wont, I would put money on it that Dallas doesn't take a WR. Maybe San Diego trades up with Dallas to grab this guy...... :popcorn:
I dunno, a WR seems like an ideal fit for Dallas if they stay in this spot....alot of people on the football's future seem to want him as well....i'm not a Dallas fan, so i'm not sure what the buzz is locally...

I dunno, a WR seems like an ideal fit for Dallas if they stay in this spot....alot of people on the football's future seem to want him as well....i'm not a Dallas fan, so i'm not sure what the buzz is locally...
Jerry Jones has all ready made comments about a trade being a good possibility. I just dont see them drafting a 1st round receiver.

The Chargers already have the real Jackson. Vincent Jackson 6-5 241lbs/4.46 40yd/ 39" vj/ 33 wonderlic. He would kick Chad Jacksons a-ss and beat him in a spelling bee.

Porter was primarily a safety but did play some WR, even played one game at QB (emergency) vs Rutgers

The Chargers already have the real Jackson. Vincent Jackson 6-5 241lbs/4.46 40yd/ 39" vj/ 33 wonderlic. He would kick Chad Jacksons a-ss and beat him in a spelling bee.
But other than Vinny, who do they have?? Cardell? dude is like 40 years old.. Eric Parker? Definetly not someone to brag about...

I'm going on record saying that there is ZERO chance that the Chargers take someone else and let Chad Jackson go to the Chiefs or Broncos.  He may very well go higher to the Cowboys or another team, but the Chargers cannot afford to face Chad Jackson twice a year and will not let it happen.  A tackle would be great to draft, but Quentin Jammer vs. Chad Jackson twice a year is a nightmare for Chargers fans.
But other than Vinny, who do they have?? Cardell? dude is like 40 years old.. Eric Parker? Definetly not someone to brag about...
I think they would be better off bringing in an experienced free agent, Moulds, Givens or even Bryant. I'm not so sure you want your starting wide receivers to be two guys with basically no experience.

While I do think the Chargers need a go to WR I have a feeling they are going to go S/CB in round 1. Another glaring need is OL. I would rather address the secondary and OL through FA but with AJ who knows, he seems to have a great nose for talent.

I wonder what kind of shot Reche Caldwell has this year?

As for Jackson, I really like his chances and SD may very well take him, but first year WRs succeeding in the NFL are an extremely rare breed.

I like Vince, but eventually McCardell will retire and the Jackson Two would be a great receiving duo along with Parker as the #3.

:lmao:

but the Chargers cannot afford to face Chad Jackson twice a year and will not let it happen
I love this place...
:goodposting: If they believe that he's such an incredible talent that they don't want to face him twice (gee, I thought there were more players on the team), then they see he's good enough to take there, regardless of who else may be interested.

I highly doubt Marty and the staff is thinking with this twisted logic. It's so much more important to get your guy for 16(+ hopefully) games a year than to face a guy twice.

but the Chargers cannot afford to face Chad Jackson twice a year and will not let it happen
I love this place...
I can only assume that you've spent too much time with your NYC wimmins and losing at poker to see much of the Chargers "tertiary" (as I've coined it). :D It's fine if the Broncos and Chiefs get good players, which they will, but I don't want one of them to be the #1 WR in the draft.

AJ Smith is likely to sign a top SS and maybe a FS as well, but Jammer will still be the #1 CB and gets burned by lesser WR's than Chad Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:

I love this place...
:goodposting: If they believe that he's such an incredible talent that they don't want to face him twice (gee, I thought there were more players on the team), then they see he's good enough to take there, regardless of who else may be interested.

I highly doubt Marty and the staff is thinking with this twisted logic. It's so much more important to get your guy for 16(+ hopefully) games a year than to face a guy twice.
Obviously they will have to think that he's as good as anyone else they can draft. My thinking is if they had Chad Jackson, Ko Simpson and Marcus McNeill ranked equally that they would rather take Jackson so that neither of their division rivals get the most talented player at both teams' need position.

A few of the guys above completely missed my point. I think the statements in this thread are absolutely laughable. We haven't seen this kid play a single down of NFL football and already teams "can't afford to face him twice a year."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love, love, love this place during the offseason.

A few of the guys above completely missed my point. I think the statements in this thread are absolutely laughable. We haven't seen this kid play a single down of NFL football and already teams "can't afford to face him twice a year."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love, love, love this place during the offseason.
Were threads like this in 1998 laughable as well?

Users who are viewing this thread