What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chadwick Boseman R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

dickey moe said:
It's been reported that he died of liver cancer. Sad either way.

RIP

Edit: I must've originally accessed a bad source online. Looks like it was colon cancer.
Could have been colon cancer that eventually spread to the liver, so I'm not sure which they'd report as the cause.  My uncle died at 41 from colon cancer, and it spread to his liver as well.  In the years since then (that was in the 90s), screenings and early detection have become so much better that it's shocking to hear of someone so young having it.  I read today that it's more prevalent in the African-American community, and that group is recommended to start screenings at 40 instead of 50 (which wouldn't have helped him anyway).  This was from a doctor friend of mine, but I didn't verify that independently.

I've felt this loss today more than most celebrity losses.  In addition to his lead roles, his turn in Da 5 Bloods, which @Capella pointed out, was so memorable in a relatively small role.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP. You know you're out of touch with entertainment when an entertainer's death is hitting people hard and you don't even know who that person is. It doesn't matter. Colon and liver cancer at that age seems unjust. I hope he rests in peace for real.

I assume that the star of any movie has a full physical workup prior to starting any film (for insurance purposes). 42 was his first starring role and they probably filmed that sometime around 2011.   Guessing they don't automatically test for something like in someone so young so they just didn't catch it.  (Not sure if any warning signs for this would show in a more routine blood test or something)

Damn shame they didn't catch it early enough to save him.

Ugh. I’m bawling. Reminded me of my son Chance. He was a big Lord of the Rings fan. He and I went to see the first movie in The Hobbit trilogy and he loved it. Unfortunately, he passed before the second installment was released. I haven’t watched the second and third films and never will. 

In any event, GB Chadwick Boseman. What a great person he was. 

ABC is airing Black Panther commercial free tonight

Trying to think of the last time I watched a network channel for a couple hours straight (non-sports), drawing a blank 

I just saw that ABC is airing Black Panther commercial free tonight at 8, followed by a tribute to Boseman 

OrtonToOlsen said:
This man deserves his own thread.  
Very sad. Many will remember him for Black Panther but he was incredible in "42" as Jackie Robinson. I felt the movie was missing a bit in terms of really hitting the spot on the racism and threats he took and how Brooklyn was treated during this time for a bit. 

Just watched black panther again. Really depressing knowing he’s gone. I’m not a celebrity guy but he truly meant so much to so many. My friend was telling me how he had to tell his two young sons about his death yesterday. Rough. 

Users who are viewing this thread