What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 1 (1 Viewer)

4th and final pick.  Lot's of tough choices to sift through.  I'll go off the beaten path a little and select a cover of a well-known song, as The Blazers inject it with a necessary kick.

1. For the Love of Money, The O'Jays
  2. Sunny, Bobby Hebb
  3. I'm So Glad, Cream
  4. Going Up the Country, The Blazers

I'm pretty pleased with my effort in this draft.  Usually I hit beer two and go straight for the grab-bag of obscurities.  I'm here to compete Gawt Dammit, @krista4

Last edited by a moderator:
LOUD AND PROUD!

You just got a promotion with a big raise. It’s beautiful outside. These songs come on the radio. You HAVE to not only sing along, but roll down the windows and belt them out so loud that the people in the car next to you join along. 

Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey

Livin’ on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Celebration - Kool & the Gang

Your Love - The Outfield

You’re down on your luck?  It’s tough . . . Well, don’t stop believin’ . . . . We’re gonna have a good time tonight. . . I just want to use your love TONIIIIIGHT!!!!

krista4 said:
 @Chaos Commish owes three and could come in and make it rain if he'd like to be included, too.
I been outta pocket.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium
Wir betreten feuertrunken
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt

That's maybe 50% of my German. The climax of the greatest symphony ever composed (Ludwig's 9th) is called Ode to Joy. You know it even if you know nada about classical music. You recognize it even if you don't think you do. Beethoven remixed a poem about peace and brotherhood and turned it into one of the greatest moments in music history. Like my first pick, the Rocky theme, it is a triumph about triumphing. And I don't care how foolish I may look belting this ##### out while driving up PCH to my new digs.

2.xx Beethoven - Ode to Joy

I thought we'd fish in the Stevie pool a bit more. In the best ofs draft, I had a good time taking an artists best songs and putting them in a tournament. We can debate a million Stevie songs. Period. But for my ears and as I once witnessed, Stevie just Feels this one all over. And after such good news, I'd want to feel that joy with him delivering. Give me a long extended version like he did live in 80s. 

3.xx Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke

Those were the three songs that came immediately to mind when I first saw this concept. I've had a dozen ideas for the last one. I guess the most fun, and maybe most typical of me, well, younger me - would be to take it to the club and buy a few rounds. Nahmean?

4.xx Jerimih ft 50 Cent - Down on me

We'll buy another round and it's all on me
As long as I'm around put it down on me
Just put it down on me
Put it down on me
Down down on me
Put it down on me

3.xx Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke

Those were the three songs that came immediately to mind when I first saw this concept. I've had a dozen ideas for the last one. I guess the most fun, and maybe most typical of me, well, younger me - would be to take it to the club and buy a few rounds. Nahmean?

:clap:  Glad you did it!

Also, I told OH a few days ago that this would have been my pick for a Stevie song.  

Yo Mama said:
LOUD AND PROUD!

You just got a promotion with a big raise. It’s beautiful outside. These songs come on the radio. You HAVE to not only sing along, but roll down the windows and belt them out so loud that the people in the car next to you join along. 

Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey

Livin’ on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Celebration - Kool & the Gang

Your Love - The Outfield

You’re down on your luck?  It’s tough . . . Well, don’t stop believin’ . . . . We’re gonna have a good time tonight. . . I just want to use your love TONIIIIIGHT!!!!
Yep, still the Gen-Xer second wedding playlist. 😆

i now take music drafts very seriously having done exactly one so can someone change joy to the world to shambala on the spreadsheet for my last pick thank you take that to the bank brohans

NO TAKE-BACKS!

(Ok, fine.  Just because you're you.)

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I made a playlist of all drafted songs. They're arranged by drafter so if you listen in order while counting to four, you can prepare your ballot.  I had to substitute Canned Heat's "Going Up the Country" and one of the hundreds of identical Jeffersons' theme covers on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2IXRcf2xh6tcT04o3oS2on?si=be37c20a664a4526

It's collaborative so you can move your songs around if they're meant to be played in a particular order.

I made a playlist of all drafted songs. They're arranged by drafter so if you listen in order while counting to four, you can prepare your ballot.  I had to substitute Canned Heat's "Going Up the Country" and one of the hundreds of identical Jeffersons' theme covers on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2IXRcf2xh6tcT04o3oS2on?si=be37c20a664a4526

It's collaborative so you can move your songs around if they're meant to be played in a particular order.

This is incredible!

so i’m not in the draft but no queen in the top 22? maybe freddie is not the greatest lead singer ever, blasphemy 

If anyone is paying attention or still curating (or able to curate), Johnny "Guitar" Watson has his entire album in the Spotify playlist. I'm guessing that's wrong. 

More craziness here in Michigan. Someone brought a gun on campus at the HS in the city I live in. They locked down for several hours as police tried to locate the student with the weapon. Not sure if they found him but school is cancelled today and virtual next week. Freaking sucks man.

please be safe ilove80s i believe you are an educator correct even if you are not please be safe and take care 

I’ve received three sets of votes so far…for nine different draft lists.  It’s anybody’s game!
I think people should have to submit a vote in order to be in the running to win.  Otherwise, it's technically in your best interest not to vote and give other teams more points (that you can't give yourself).

I think people should have to submit a vote in order to be in the running to win.  Otherwise, it's technically in your best interest not to vote and give other teams more points (that you can't give yourself).
If people are doing this kind of calculus to win a competition for charity, then that person is the suck.  I don't think we have that type of person among us.

If people are doing this kind of calculus to win a competition for charity, then that person is the suck.  I don't think we have that type of person among us.
Yeah that's a little too calculative for me. I will probably vote - just because it seems like the right thing to do - but my only hesitation is because I just don't know if there's any real way to rank them fairly. I don't really like rap music but why should I penalize people that do?

I'm goin to try and just go with the lists that "fit" best I suppose.

Yeah that's a little too calculative for me. I will probably vote - just because it seems like the right thing to do - but my only hesitation is because I just don't know if there's any real way to rank them fairly. I don't really like rap music but why should I penalize people that do?

I'm goin to try and just go with the lists that "fit" best I suppose.
Yeah, I think we're safe by working with the honor system.  The only reason I don't want to force people to vote is because the process does take some time and some may not have it to spend. 

That said, I would strongly encourage everyone who did draft to vote since, as Lehigh mentioned, it could impact the overall results in your favor if you don't.     

ETA - I've got my own list down to 7 and will give them a thorough soup to nuts listen today before voting.

Users who are viewing this thread