What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chess Tournament!- Round 5 in progress (1 Viewer)

If anyone is interested in cash games, Blitz 5min/3sec, first to 4 wins, I will give the following handicap: 1 win to joffer, juxtatarot, kutta, timcochet, cashman88, 2 wins to zow, scoobus, nick vermeil,  the moops, aaabatteries, steeler, psychopav 3 wins to shuke, sand, ragincajun, dezbelief, freakshow.

edited to 4 wins rather than 4 points.  Giving a handicap could open up a draw strategy that might run me over.
I play alot of blitz. My chess.com blitz rating is 1780, and has been as high as 1950. Are we talking that you have to win 4 games before I win one? Would this be played on chess.com?

I play alot of blitz. My chess.com blitz rating is 1780, and has been as high as 1950. Are we talking that you have to win 4 games before I win one? Would this be played on chess.com?
Hmm, giving you 3 games hardly seems fair.  I'm guessing my blitz rating on Chess.com would be around 2000.  I will start an account later.  Were you sandbagging the FBGs tournament?

I lose my concentration level on a longer game.
What's your name on chess.com?  Mine is Spelunking31 and after 25 games, my blitz rating is 1213.  I have 19 wins and 6 losses, I think 4 were disconnects and 2 real losses.  My internet is not stable but I noticed the site warning me when I disconnected yesterday whereas before I thought it was the other person's move.

What's your name on chess.com?  Mine is Spelunking31 and after 25 games, my blitz rating is 1213.  I have 19 wins and 6 losses, I think 4 were disconnects and 2 real losses.  My internet is not stable but I noticed the site warning me when I disconnected yesterday whereas before I thought it was the other person's move.
I sent you a friend request.  My name on chess.com is ajbanks3011

Chess related question for you guys, can I get a decent chess board & pieces for $200ish for a gift? Any suggestions as to where to buy from , Amazon ok?

I'm up for playing blitz with anyone who wants on chess.com.  My username there is cashman88 (and, no, it doesn't have anything to do with money (cash))

Chess related question for you guys, can I get a decent chess board & pieces for $200ish for a gift? Any suggestions as to where to buy from , Amazon ok?
I bought a $200 set 20 years ago.  It was nice but I used the $20 travel sets a lot more.  

$229 at House of Staunton https://www.houseofstaunton.com/the-library-grandmaster-chess-set-and-board-combination-14932.html

$139 at the Chess Store https://thechessstore.com/rustic-staunton-chess-set-brown-natural-wood-pieces-with-classic-walnut-board-3-5-king/?gclid=CjwKCAiAwKyNBhBfEiwA_mrUMvtS8fwPFBHqvoBQwuZZoA-i5t1cInWDk0ePBtnYCfd5Xmc-4XSzaRoCi9wQAvD_BwE

I like wood pieces the best, plastic and stone pieces are fine too. I'm not a fan of glass or metal pieces. My mom has a glass set that bothers me, the clear glass and frosted glass don't contrast enough for my liking.

Give me a cheap board with cheap plastic pieces and I'm just fine. Of course that's probably representative of my level of play.😂

Users who are viewing this thread