What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chess Tournament!- Round 5 in progress (1 Viewer)

Didn't we play last night?  :lol:    I beat someone named bfred... was that not you?
Oh #### I got a random request from someone named frinkahedron and just ####ed around I didn't think that was steelers from FBG for the tournament.  Was that you? 

Lol.  Yes that was me.   You want to play again?  
Sure

We can count it as a loss anyways but I'd like to see how id do if I was taking my time.  I was playing a 5 min plus 2 sec live game on chess time live when I got this and was like oh weird someone invited me on the other app. Never dawned on me that it was from, this

• Laughing
Reactions: Zow
Me and @joffer draw. I was glad he offered. I couldn’t think of any way to proceed without exposing my position. And I could tell he would have taken advantage of any mistake. 

cashman88 said:
Me and @joffer draw. I was glad he offered. I couldn’t think of any way to proceed without exposing my position. And I could tell he would have taken advantage of any mistake. 
gg.  I think you were slightly ahead.  you had at least one plausible alternate move in our little back and forth.  I really didn’t have any.

Can't stop watching Rosen YouTube videos.  Very instructive and entertaining.  And I can absolutely tell that my game has improved from watching him (added bonus!).  The best part is how he thinks out loud and gives the viewer a glimpse into how he's approaching the game as the positions evolve.

There's tons of fun videos, but some  of my favs so far:

OH NO My Queen.  OH YES My Ponziani

I played the Stafford Gambit against Hikaru...and then he played it against me

Vampire Opening leads to En Passant Checkmate

I Sacrificed My Queen 39 Times Against Alexandra Botez - this was super long and super fun to watch.  No spoilers, but he plays a match against Alexandra Botez, who is lower rated than him.  First to 20 wins wins the match, and it's speedy chess. The trick is, he is required to sac his queen within the first 10 moves of every game.  Hilarity - and suspense - ensues.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Woz beats Moops. Very evenly played game (I think I liked his position better) but a blunder cost him. 

@SandI'm driving much of the day today. I'll try to get this started tonight but otherwise it will be tomorrow. 

@kutta and I, for the second time now, end in a draw. Just no blunders, no positional movement, trades, etc. resulting in a stuck board. 

There was one gentleman I would play when I was a kid that I could never beat. I considered it a win when we played to a draw.
Me too, except he was my age and it was my college years. I was thrilled when I finally beat him our senior year.  Once.  :)

If anyone is interested in cash games, Blitz 5min/3sec, first to 4 wins, I will give the following handicap: 1 win to joffer, juxtatarot, kutta, timcochet, cashman88, 2 wins to zow, scoobus, nick vermeil,  the moops, aaabatteries, steeler, psychopav 3 wins to shuke, sand, ragincajun, dezbelief, freakshow.

edited to 4 wins rather than 4 points.  Giving a handicap could open up a draw strategy that might run me over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread