What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (6 Viewers)

IheartGuinness said:
They're going to be fine. I still think they will win it all this season. They have an incredible defense, and you need to put their schedule in context. This is a great stretch of games for them:

at Washington

Vikings at home

at Oakland

Saints at home (without Brees)

Chargers at home

That's a great schedule. Washington tonight should be an easy win. I think they'll go undefeated during this stretch, but even if they lose to Minnesota, that puts them at 5-2 and in good shape to challenge for the division during the second half of the season. 

The next five games after that features two games against the Lions and one against the Giants. Again, some easily winnable contests. 

Finally, there's a tough stretch at the end with the Cowboys, Chiefs, Packers, and Vikings. But I think they'll be in good shape heading into that portion of the schedule.

Enjoy this season. It's going to be a good one. 
May not make a difference but the Oakland game is in London 

I bet the Skins drive down and score again. The Bears has a chance to ice the game, but Nagy gets cute, and Trubisky throws the pick. Just extremely poor play calling, and poor execution.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bears will get crushed by the Vikings if they play like this. It certainly isn’t a Super Bowl defense if you let them just drive down the field on you.

This game doesn’t make me feel any more confident about playing the Vikings next week. They will have to play a lot better than this to beat the Vikings.

I know Washington has a good front, but the OL was a mess tonight.  It has me worried about the rest of the season. 

Play calling didn't help f my concern either.

It is a win, that is good. Trubisky had some good throws. The one to Gabriel for the TD was very nice. But he missed a number of open receivers. I thought Nagy got way too cute. That interception at the goal line was a poor play call by Nagy, and even worse execution by Trubisky.Trubisky made a lot of really inaccurate throws again.

The defense was dominant in the first half. They seemed to be gassed in the fourth quarter in particular. They have done that a lot. They play brilliantly for 50 minutes and then let a team drive the length of the field. And take your foot off their throat and give them life.They were awesome early. But you look at the final score, and that doesn’t reflect a game you controlled for most of the game.

it was a win, but somehow not a particularly encouraging one. The Redskins are a bad team. As it appears, so are the Broncos. They play four good teams over the next five weeks. They need to beat a couple of these good teams to get some momentum, and build some confidence.

The numbers look good, but the optics and the timing of poor plays during the flow of the third quarter (and early in the first) caused indigestion.

It should’ve been 38-6 and potentially 38-0, but it’s been awhile since we put up 28 in one half, let alone being on the road and on MNF.

Coast mode sucks yet they still doubled up due to the heady play by Trevathan at the most crucial time.  The stupid penalties mostly went away but that deep shell sh!t has to stop.

Lot more rollouts, some slants and it was actually good to see some I-formation mixed in.  Signs of progress.

Come on, guys. What more do you want to be happy?  Mitch 25/31 3TDs and 1 INT.  D forces 5 turnovers and a defensive TD.  It's impossible for Bears fans to be happy sometimes. 2 wins in a row. 
I know, I'm definitely more optimistic, but there were a lot of missteps against a bad team. Should be a good game, at least we're at home.

Bears by far have the hardest remaining schedule vs. .692 opponent win %.  Next highest are DAL/DEN/WAS at .603.

One game at a time.

2-1 with 2 road wins  Team has progressed each game. All is well. Just have to continue to build on it. Run the ball more effectively and Mitch needs to keep improving. 

2018 Chicago Bears Defense
Weeks 1-3:

•Total Points Allowed: 55
•Total Sacks: 14
•Turnovers: 7

2019 Chicago Bears Defense
Weeks 1-3:

•Total Points Allowed: 39
•Total Sacks: 11
•Turnovers: 6 

Didn't miss a beat 

Weeks 1-3:

Weeks 1-3:

Didn't miss a beat 
I will say I though Clinton-Dix was an upgrade at his signing. The savings was a bonus.

I hated the Skrine signing and I'm still on the fence, but outside the Denver mishap he hasn't been too bad. The guy is a solid tackler. 

I really wish we would have upgraded from Lynch, but understand why we didnt. 

Irving has looked good at least. 

I'll also say the Eddie Jackson interview before MNF was eye opening. Asked about the difference between Fangio and Pagano and he said Pagano was more vocal and Fangio more laid back. Never would have guessed that. 

Weeks 1-3:

Weeks 1-3:

Didn't miss a beat 
I would rather have slightly fewer turnovers and sacks, yet give up 29% fewer points all day long.

I'll also say the Eddie Jackson interview before MNF was eye opening. Asked about the difference between Fangio and Pagano and he said Pagano was more vocal and Fangio more laid back. Never would have guessed that. 
D guys have mentioned this since at least training camp and possibly back as far as minicamp & OTAs.

Bears gonna have to pay Eddie big money in a year or two, along with Mitch. I'm interested in seeing how they manage the cap at that time. 

Whaddya know...  Jordan Howard actually caught two passes in a row, one for a TD.  Who’d a thunk it?

As I said, everything is positioned for the bears to win it all this season. After Minnesota, they have several easy games in a row and the Packers aren't very good. The road to the Super Bowl is wide open for them. 

Users who are viewing this thread