What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (13 Viewers)

For comparisons sake, the Saints gave up the same thing for freaking Marcus Davenport this year in the draft. Bears have plenty of cap space and didn't spend for the first 3 years of Pace's tenure in preparation for things like this. Great times. 

Two firsts + a monster salary is too much.  An elite QB might be worth that, but no way anyone else is.
2 future 1st round prospects for defensive player of the year and likely HOF'er  is easily worth it. The money is meaningless. Bears have their qb and other pass rusher on rookie contracts and their LT at a very affordable rate. 

This has got to be contingent on signing Mack to a long term deal, right?
The deal is probably contingent on Mack signing an extension because if he didn't then they would essentially be inheriting the same holdout that forced Oakland to trade him so yeah, he's going to sign a MASSIVE contract 'reportedly' expected to eclipse Aarron Donald's record setting deal.

Khalil Mack will reportedly be traded to the Chicago Bears where he is expected to sign a record contract

...Mack had been holding out as he sought to become of the highest-paid players in the NFL. According to Rapoport, he could have a record-breaking deal with the Bears as early as Saturday.

"Before the end of the day, the Bears are expected to negotiate a long-term deal with Khalil Mack that should eclipse the deal for Aaron Donald," Rapoport wrote.

Donald became the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history on Friday when he signed a new 6-year, $135 million deal with the Los Angeles Rams.

takes cojones to make a deal like this. kudos to pace. this is the kind of deal that can cripple your team or make it. Mack is obviously a talent but it remains to be seen what losing those picks (and maybe player) mean for Chicago, not to mention the contract. as mentioned earlier having so many other playmakers on rookie deals, this impact is likely not to be felt for a few years. 

I think raiders got a nice haul, especially depending if there is a player and who it is, and Chicago obviously got one of the best in the game. 

takes cojones to make a deal like this. kudos to pace. this is the kind of deal that can cripple your team or make it. Mack is obviously a talent but it remains to be seen what losing those picks (and maybe player) mean for Chicago, not to mention the contract. as mentioned earlier having so many other playmakers on rookie deals, this impact is likely not to be felt for a few years. 

I think raiders got a nice haul, especially depending if there is a player and who it is, and Chicago obviously got one of the best in the game. 
This is a very accurate assessment. 

Anybody have the cojones to snag Bears D now?  Starting off the season with the Pack in Lambeau on Monday.  Ouch.  And then a week 5 bye.  I typically stream, so I'm still not sure if I want them.

Anybody have the cojones to snag Bears D now?  Starting off the season with the Pack in Lambeau on Monday.  Ouch.  And then a week 5 bye.  I typically stream, so I'm still not sure if I want them.
I did in two leagues. Early in season so can afford to roster 2 defenses for a few weeks until you see how it plays out. 

Two firsts + a monster salary is too much.  An elite QB might be worth that, but no way anyone else is.
Couldn't disagree more. An elite pass rusher is the 2nd most important thing in football. The Bears have a QB they like, on a rookie deal for the next few years, which is what allows them to do something like this. Much like the Rams spending spree is made possible by having Goff. Teams that don't have QB's on huge deals, should be looking to make moves like this all the time. 

1st round picks are the most overrated assets anyway. Kevin White and Leonard Floyd were both recent Bears 1st round picks(top-10 even) half of all 1st round picks never amount to anything. Mack is already a proven stud, and is arguably still on the upswing, and should be an even better fit in Fangio's defense. On those great 49ers defenses in the early 2010's, Fangio had Justin Smith playing in front of Aldon Smith and it gave OC's nighmares. Hicks in front of Mack is likely even more dangerous.

Mack is so freaking dominant. Changes any defense. Double teamed constantly in Oakland and still dominated.  One of the best pass rushers of the last 20 years in his early prime. No way they can double him now with Hicks, Floyd, and Goldman next to him.  Wow

Bears who are 27* or younger:
Khalil Mack
Taylor Gabriel
Kyle Fuller
Trey Burton
Cody Whitehair
Charles Leno
Eddie Jackson
Adrian Amos
Allen Robinson
Leonard Floyd
Eddie Goldman
Mitch Trubisky
Jordan Howard
Adam Shaheen
Tarik Cohen
Anthony Miller
Roquan Smith
James Daniels

I like to think Gruden didn't get one over on us. But hey, he's probably as good as Lance Briggs.

Mack is so freaking dominant. Changes any defense. Double teamed constantly in Oakland and still dominated.  One of the best pass rushers of the last 20 years in his early prime. No way they can double him now with Hicks, Floyd, and Goldman next to him.  Wow
Who gains the most here?

Gotta be Akiem Hicks. 

This. Could. Be. Epic.

So get Khalil Mack already.  Let’s do this.

I’m really liking how Nagy is looking ahead to GB and making that their sole focus.  He seems to actually respect the rivalry and understands its importance.

Season’s almost here and yes, I’m getting fired up.

Shock the world.
:thumbup:

Can we call you 'fapgreen' today? Congratulations, bud!

Good player and smart move but let’s not forget the raiders were a bottom third defense last year.   Some of the posts here make it sound like Mack is the 85 bears on his own. 

Good player and smart move but let’s not forget the raiders were a bottom third defense last year.   Some of the posts here make it sound like Mack is the 85 bears on his own. 
Bears already had a top 10 defense and have now added the best pass rusher in the league. They're legit. 85 Bears was a once in a lifetime defense. I can't imagine anyone thinking that. Mack is the only potential hall of famer on the team. 85 was loaded with them. 

As long as they close the deal (it’s not done yet), Mack will instantly raise the effectiveness of the entire defense.

BassNBrew said:
He can do it.

flapgreen said:
Bears already had a top 10 defense and have now added the best pass rusher in the league. They're legit. 85 Bears was a once in a lifetime defense. I can't imagine anyone thinking that. Mack is the only potential hall of famer on the team. 85 was loaded with them. 
They did?

Users who are viewing this thread