What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (16 Viewers)

Chicago’s WR corps just got a hell of a lot better with DJM, Mooney coming back from injury, and Claypool knowing the playbook.

Dude has legit QB1 upside for FF next year with his rushing.

Not a fan. I hate coming out of this draft without Carter or Anderson. And I like Moore but he's no stud wr. He will be a huge step up for this team but that's not saying much.

Man not getting one of those two beasts is so disappointing.

Not a fan. I hate coming out of this draft without Carter or Anderson. And I like Moore but he's no stud wr. He will be a huge step up for this team but that's not saying much.

I don’t see how anyone could be disappointed with that haul. There will be a nice defensive player there. Or maybe they take the best OL if he’s sitting there.

The Bears have a lot more needs than 1 edge rusher. This gives them a lot of flexibility in the draft and changes the entire offense. And nets a 2024 1st in the process.

I agree they could have potentially moved to 4, but this is one heck of a trade for them.

ETA: with all the negative pub, Carter might well be there at 9.

As a Lions fan, I hate this trade. Bears absolutely nailed. At 9, they will have a chance to get a top OT prospect and the pick next year is likely a top 5 pick where they can potentially get next year's Jalen Carter or Will Anderson. Plus the Bears get a very good WR in his prime on an affordable 3 year deal.

I don’t see how anyone could be disappointed with that haul. There will be a nice defensive player there. Or maybe they take the best OL if he’s sitting there.

The Bears have a lot more needs than 1 edge rusher. This gives them a lot of flexibility in the draft and changes the entire offense. And nets a 2024 1st in the process.

I agree they could have potentially moved to 4, but this is one heck of a trade for them.

ETA: with all the negative pub, Carter might well be there at 9.
They were getting that first next year no matter where they went.

They desperately needed a franchise player on D and there are TWO in this draft. They basically took Moore who is not a stud wr and the '25 second in place of having a shot at Carter or Anderson.

They were getting that first next year no matter where they went.

But this is going to likely be a top 5 pick. Perhaps the other suitors seemed like they’d be better teams?

They desperately needed a franchise player on D and there are TWO in this draft. They basically took Moore who is not a stud wr and the '25 second in place of having a shot at Carter or Anderson.
They’re desperate for everything. If they get a generational OT or DL they’ll be fine either way. And again, there’s a non-zero chance they get Carter anyway, if they want him.

This is a team with lots of holes. Getting pick 61 is going to help them patch one more. Getting DJM fills a massive need for a WR1 in this offense.

Mooney is about to have his best season as a pro as a result, IMO.

Maybe the Texans and Colts weren't seriously looking to go up to 1. That's what I'm basing my disappointment on right now. If that's the case then this would look a lot better. I'm just not a draft mark like a lot of you guys. I almost never have confidence in this franchise hitting on draft picks. So when we get a chance at what seem to be can't miss franchise players I'd prefer we just take one.

People seem very confident that the pick next year will be top 5. I'm not so sure. Why can't the Panthers win the NFC South?
Not confident.

But there's enough history of people trading 1st for bunk players, and that 1 turning out to be huge--you just want to be sure you aren't on the wrong side of a story like that. I don't think Carolina knows for SURE they won't be top 5 next year, and maybe that means they included Marcus maye or marvin harrison Jr in the trade.

Not sure how you can't love this trade other than just being contrainian. Neither Anderson nor Carter are slam dunks like the top defenders were last year. I would have definitely taken a chance on them, but to say they are slam dunks just isn't correct.
Right now, Chicago has a chance to get the top rated OT or CB and I'm ok with that. Tyree Wilson could also be there who I like.
Gun to my head, I say they come out of this with Paris Johnson. Dude has played tackle and guard, so that flexibility will help even if Chicago gets someone like Orlando Brown.

I'm Happy with it. I feel its a fair trade for what QBs there are in this class.

Moore, Mooney and Claypool is a solid WR corps. Kmet is still a solid TE as well.

There are some good OT prospects that should come off the board around the #9 pick. Maybe a guy like Murphy, Carter or Wilson slip there on the DL side. Fingers crossed for a run on QBs in the top 10.

I like that the trade was made now to clarify our FA outlook.

Moore's Contract looks decent. Under control for 3 more years.

Maybe the Texans and Colts weren't seriously looking to go up to 1. That's what I'm basing my disappointment on right now. If that's the case then this would look a lot better. I'm just not a draft mark like a lot of you guys. I almost never have confidence in this franchise hitting on draft picks. So when we get a chance at what seem to be can't miss franchise players I'd prefer we just take one.
If you are not confident of them hitting on a draft pick should you not be happy they have more picks to try and hit on?

I think it's an incredible trade for the Bears. Saw mock draft the other day that had the Bears moving back twice and settling at 9. This trade basically brought the same haul.

Got a new WR1 under solid contract for 3 years, probably 5th non-QB of the draft, they can now really evaluate Fields and if they don't like their evaluation have Fields, two #1's and #2's next year to address the issue and if Fields is it they got a load of ammo to build up around him.

I'd truly be ecstatic is I was a Bears fan, and really down right now if I called Carolina my team.

People seem very confident that the pick next year will be top 5. I'm not so sure. Why can't the Panthers win the NFC South?
Predicting the outcome of a future NFL season is a fool's errand, no doubt. But I am a fool and like the chances of this pick ending up in the top 5. Carolina probably over-performed last year, and the coach who brought on that comeback is gone. Rookie QBs rarely perform well in their opening season, and the team just lost its best offensive weapon. There isn't a bona fide receiver on the market this year (hence why the Bears did this). Their run-heavy attack from last year hinged on D'Onta Foreman, who is a great story but seems like a guy who could turn into just a guy at any moment.

One of the top 2 OTs should be there at #9. Improving both the WRs and OL is a good step, plus the future draft picks makes this trade a no brainer.
I was thinking we could take care of the OL in FA since it's a much stronger class than DL.
Agreed. OL isn't really that big of a hole for the Bears, they really only need a RT, and maybe a LG, the rest of the line is good. OL should be finished before the draft in my opinion.

#9 should be all about defense. Tyree Wilson, Devon Witherspoon, or Christian Gonzalez most likely.

I know I'm a little higher on the guy than the consensus, but I wouldn't mind Lukas Van Ness at #9. I wouldn't be shocked if Calijah Kancey went that high either.

Not sure how you can't love this trade other than just being contrainian. Neither Anderson nor Carter are slam dunks like the top defenders were last year. I would have definitely taken a chance on them, but to say they are slam dunks just isn't correct.
Right now, Chicago has a chance to get the top rated OT or CB and I'm ok with that. Tyree Wilson could also be there who I like.
Gun to my head, I say they come out of this with Paris Johnson. Dude has played tackle and guard, so that flexibility will help even if Chicago gets someone like Orlando Brown.
I think you're completely wrong and that Carter and Anderson are franchise players.

I think you're completely wrong and that Carter and Anderson are franchise players.
Slight hot take: In today's NFL, there is no such thing as a true franchise player that isn't a QB. Not even Aaron Donald.

One of the top 2 OTs should be there at #9. Improving both the WRs and OL is a good step, plus the future draft picks makes this trade a no brainer.
I was thinking we could take care of the OL in FA since it's a much stronger class than DL.
They're definitely hitting OL hard in FA with someone like McGlinchy or Taylor and maybe Nate Davis. Then hit it again in the draft. FA DL can get Allen and Ekubam. Also address further in draft. Then almost definitely have a top 10 pick next year, if not top 5. Have their WR position mostly tied up at this point. Maybe even add another in the draft.

They're definitely hitting OL hard in FA with someone like McGlinchy or Taylor and maybe Nate Davis. Then hit it again in the draft. FA DL can get Allen and Ekubam. Also address further in draft. Then almost definitely have a top 10 pick next year, if not top 5. Have their WR position mostly tied up at this point. Maybe even add another in the draft.
I would really hope they would just stick with Larry Borom over signing Jawaan Taylor. That guy sucks. One of the worst run blocking OTs in NFL history. Could get on board a lot with Nate Davis though, and maybe McGlinchey or Kaleb McGary.

If you are not confident of them hitting on a draft pick should you not be happy they have more picks to try and hit on?

I think it's an incredible trade for the Bears. Saw mock draft the other day that had the Bears moving back twice and settling at 9. This trade basically brought the same haul.

Got a new WR1 under solid contract for 3 years, probably 5th non-QB of the draft, they can now really evaluate Fields and if they don't like their evaluation have Fields, two #1's and #2's next year to address the issue and if Fields is it they got a load of ammo to build up around him.

I'd truly be ecstatic is I was a Bears fan, and really down right now if I called Carolina my team.
That's actually a good point I hadn't thought of. If Fields is just downright awful, which I don't think he will be, then they'll have a shot at another one.

I would really hope they would just stick with Larry Borom over signing Jawaan Taylor. That guy sucks. One of the worst run blocking OTs in NFL history. Could get on board a lot with Nate Davis though, and maybe McGlinchey or Kaleb McGary.
I'd prefer McGlinchy over Taylor. Just an option. I'd have to disagree that OL isn't a weak point for them. They'll have at least 3 new starters this season.

I'd prefer McGlinchy over Taylor. Just an option. I'd have to disagree that OL isn't a weak point for them. They'll have at least 3 new starters this season.
At least 3? Which one of Braxton Jones, Teven Jenkins and Cody Whitehair is losing their jobs?

I kinda think everybody other than Philly fans thinks their OL is a weak spot. Truth is its basically impossible to be strong at all 5 spots. I'd probably put the Bears in the 10-15 range. Great run blocking, ok pass blocking. Not the OLs fault Fields took so many sacks because nobody was open.

Good luck if yall sign McGlinchey. He's garbage.
Garbage is a little strong, but he's never really lived up to his draft position I'd agree with that.

I'd say the OT market is:
1. Orlando Brown
dropoff
2. Kaleb McGary
3. Mike McGlinchey
4. Donovan Smith
5. Isaiah Wynn

Anybody else, I'm not sure is an upgrade from Larry Borom.

At least 3? Which one of Braxton Jones, Teven Jenkins and Cody Whitehair is losing their jobs?

I kinda think everybody other than Philly fans thinks their OL is a weak spot. Truth is its basically impossible to be strong at all 5 spots. I'd probably put the Bears in the 10-15 range. Great run blocking, ok pass blocking. Not the OLs fault Fields took so many sacks because nobody was open.
Whitehair is as good as gone. Saves 6 mil and he's been terrible. Bears OL was a disaster last year. Fields running is the only thing that saved it a little. Jones and Jenkins will remain.

Whitehair is as good as gone. Saves 6 mil and he's been terrible. Bears OL was a disaster last year. Fields running is the only thing that saved it a little. Jones and Jenkins will remain.
It really wasn't a disaster at all. The Bears led the league in yards per carry last season, and it wasn't just Fields, Khalil Herbert was 1st among RBs in YPC. If that's a disaster its one half the NFL would be happy to have. The Texans OL was a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread