What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (18 Viewers)

Cooper the weak link again.  Thought this guy was supposed to be one of our best cornerbacks.  Absolute garbage. 

Bears D has looked pretty good overall.  If they could just get some better QB play with WRs who catch the ball consistently then it's not a bad team.

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Got away with a hold, but we'll take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glennon era better be on life support. Honestly I'd throw Sanchez out there Thursday with the intention of starting Mitch week 5.

Watched the DVR when I got home from the lake. Nothing really new that stands out. 

Glennon still bad and hurts the team more than anyone. I'm sure they'll keep trotting his ### out there.  Multiple turnovers again.  Qb rating between 19 and 32 in each of first 3 weeks. Pathetic 

Very little pass rush again but forced some fumbles.

Floyd completely invisible during his first 3 games.  

Zero INTs through first 3 weeks of season.  A trend with Fangio. Can't say I'm impressed with him anymore.  Injuries and lack of talent isn't an excuse forever. Has never consistently pressured the qb, even though he now has a DL with the talent that should. 

Long makes all the difference in the world when he's playing.  OL completely different. 

Howard and Cohen together are phenomenal. 

Offense is horribly coached. More of the same from Loggains. 

1 catch and multiple drops for the WRs today. Looking at you, Pace. You blew it here and with signing Glennon instead. Bum

Great to get a win. But this entire coaching staff needs to go so it doesn't really matter if they keep trotting Glennon out there or not. No clue what they're doing or how to manage personnel. 

Watched the DVR when I got home from the lake. Nothing really new that stands out. 

Glennon still bad and hurts the team more than anyone. I'm sure they'll keep trotting his ### out there.  Multiple turnovers again.  Qb rating between 19 and 32 in each of first 3 weeks. Pathetic 

Zero INTs through first 3 weeks of season.  A trend with Fangio. Can't say I'm impressed with him anymore.  Injuries and lack of talent isn't an excuse forever. Has never consistently pressured the qb, even though he now has a DL with the talent that should. 

Long makes all the difference in the world when he's playing.  OL completely different. 

1 catch and multiple drops for the WRs today. Looking at you, Pace. You blew it here and with signing Glennon instead. Bum

Great to get a win. But this entire coaching staff needs to go so it doesn't really matter if they keep trotting Glennon out there or not. No clue what they're doing or how to manage personnel. 
Call Howard and Cohen phenomenal yet say Pace is a bum because of the Glennon signing.  Those were all Pace moves and you have to take the bad with the good.  No GM has ever hit on every move they made.

Glennon is the bum, not Pace. I'm allowed to criticize Pace, along with praising him for the good things he's done.  That doesn't mean he hasn't made some dumb moves. Allowing the WR core to get to this point was beyond idiotic.  It's so embarrassing. 

yes, yes, yes yes, yup, right, check...and yet somehow they are better than last year.....

Averaged more yards per rush than per pass and still won.  RBs accounted for 90% of the offense.  But somehow Trubisky couldn't accomplish this? Whatever, Fox... 

Averaged more yards per rush than per pass and still won.  RBs accounted for 90% of the offense.  But somehow Trubisky couldn't accomplish this? Whatever, Fox... 
This is the offense they should have been playing the last two games.  It's really not that hard to figure out that the running game is the strength.  If this remains the offensive strategy, which it should, then there is no reason not to put Trubisky out there.  Very short leash for him yet still has a great opportunity to learn and make some plays.

This is the offense they should have been playing the last two games.  It's really not that hard to figure out that the running game is the strength.  If this remains the offensive strategy, which it should, then there is no reason not to put Trubisky out there.  Very short leash for him yet still has a great opportunity to learn and make some plays.
You can't win consistently using this offense. 1 completed pass to a wr all game and they win. Has that ever even happened? RB 90% of the offense. Horrible 

Imagine if they put Trubisky in and opened up the offense some and still using Cohen and Howard. No excuse for their incompetence. 

I'm excited about the potential of Trubisky but very skeptical of what he can really do with this awful group of receivers. And this is a big reason I was a huge proponent of Watson leading up to the draft. Watson with this running game and this rag tag group or pass catchers would be really interesting to see. 

The Bears are actually ahead of what most of us expected at this point of the season. Did anyone ever realistically think the Bears would have more than one win after 4 games? They already have one after 3. I hope they had an intentional plan all along to start Trubisky after a difficult 4 game schedule to start the season and Glennon not living up to expectations (I'm being careful not to say fail). My ideal scenario would be to have GB win the first half of Thursday nights game against the Bears, then have Trubisky come in for the second and lead them to a victory. 

That said, I think its a little unfair to criticize Pace for signing Glennon. Most would agree that regardless of talent level, it was time for the Bears to part ways with Cutler. With free agency coming before the draft (which I think is backwards) the Bears had to cover all bases and get themselves a starter. The deal they signed him for is front loaded and basically a one-year deal. They had no idea how the draft would unfold and could not be sure if they would get Trubisky, even if he was the one they were targeting. 

Letting our WR core get to this point however... ugh.

John Fox’s response when asked if Mike Glennon is starting Thursday night: https://t.co/bDqPoztfpw
I hope he is.  I don't think we need to put in the new guy on a short week going into GB.  However... that being said a nice 10 day week to get the new guy prepped for his first start is appealing.  Though I still doubt it's going to happen then.  The "win" vs Pit is going to give them enough ammo to keep sending out Glennon.

Funny how bargain shopping with aging vets over younger guys rarely works out. Another flaw of Pace's 
Go figure.  Avoid the up and coming starters as they are expensive and then overpaying a 30+ year old has not be a successful strategy.  I liked it when we tried it the first few times, but after that we were supposed to start plugging those holes with young guys, they just haven't done it.

The Bears are actually ahead of what most of us expected at this point of the season. Did anyone ever realistically think the Bears would have more than one win after 4 games? They already have one after 3. I hope they had an intentional plan all along to start Trubisky after a difficult 4 game schedule to start the season and Glennon not living up to expectations (I'm being careful not to say fail). My ideal scenario would be to have GB win the first half of Thursday nights game against the Bears, then have Trubisky come in for the second and lead them to a victory. 

That said, I think its a little unfair to criticize Pace for signing Glennon. Most would agree that regardless of talent level, it was time for the Bears to part ways with Cutler. With free agency coming before the draft (which I think is backwards) the Bears had to cover all bases and get themselves a starter. The deal they signed him for is front loaded and basically a one-year deal. They had no idea how the draft would unfold and could not be sure if they would get Trubisky, even if he was the one they were targeting. 

Letting our WR core get to this point however... ugh.
I think I disagree with everything except the first and last lines.

I believe they signed Glennon to start the entire year, and still planned to do that after drafting Trubisky.  They wanted him to have his year partially because they gave him a bunch of money and wanted to justify it.  I still don't think we will see Trubisky after week 4 unless Glennon turns it over 4 times where they can't even pretend to justify playing him anymore.

I also think it's fully fair to criticize Pace for throwing 18M at Glennon.  If they needed someone to mediocre his way up and down the field there were plenty of options available some of them not named Cutler were even on the team last year that could have done that for 4-6M, hell one of those guys is on our team now.  I think they knew they were getting a QB in the first round, if not Trubisky, i think they were still going to take one, so why create this issue and waste.

Between Glennon, Simms, Amukamara, Cooper, Wheaton, and Demps, they turned a HUGE amount of off season cap space into one of the most lackluster hauls I've seen in years.

I hope he is.  I don't think we need to put in the new guy on a short week going into GB.  However... that being said a nice 10 day week to get the new guy prepped for his first start is appealing.  Though I still doubt it's going to happen then.  The "win" vs Pit is going to give them enough ammo to keep sending out Glennon.
I wouldn't call it a short week myself. He's been on the bench for month waiting to start. He could come in off the bench and easily outplay Glennon. 

I wouldn't call it a short week myself. He's been on the bench for month waiting to start. He could come in off the bench and easily outplay Glennon. 
We play Thursday night going into a higher pressure prime time game in a really rough stadium.  Just seems like a bad place to start to me.

We play Thursday night going into a higher pressure prime time game in a really rough stadium.  Just seems like a bad place to start to me.
What better way to get your new franchise qb tested? It's not like he's facing the Chiefs. This is the perfect time to put him out there imo.  Let's see what this kid has.  Stick to the running game and let Mitch do his thing. Of course they won't. 

What better way to get your new franchise qb tested? It's not like he's facing the Chiefs. This is the perfect time to put him out there imo.  Let's see what this kid has.  Stick to the running game and let Mitch do his thing. Of course they won't. 
I would rather set him up with the best possible path for success rather then a toss him in the deep end kinda test.  He'll get to those pressure games.  I'd just rather start him out in a home game, maybe not against the best QB in the league that he'll likely be compared to for the rest of his career.  I'll leave it at that, and I'm ok with us differing on this.

Either way, it ain't gonna happen, and i think we both are 100% sure of that.

I would rather set him up with the best possible path for success rather then a toss him in the deep end kinda test.  He'll get to those pressure games.  I'd just rather start him out in a home game, maybe not against the best QB in the league that he'll likely be compared to for the rest of his career.  I'll leave it at that, and I'm ok with us differing on this.

Either way, it ain't gonna happen, and i think we both are 100% sure of that.
Vikings defense miles better than the Packers.

No hope, except you are competing with super bowl teams (Falcons) and beating playoff teams (Steelers) and may have a future franchise qb on the bench (Jury is still out)

I was wrong on the RB percentage of the offense yesterday. It wasn't 90%. It was 95%. 

289 yards of their 304 total offensive yards against the Steelers

I was wrong on the RB percentage of the offense yesterday. It wasn't 90%. It was 95%. 

289 yards of their 304 total offensive yards against the Steelers
The impressive thing to me was that we weren't even pretending to throw the ball most of the time and we were still able to run it down their throats like that.  I don't know if they weren't stacking the box by the end of the game or we were just beating it.

Users who are viewing this thread