What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (5 Viewers)

Poles panicked and the Steelers ate his lunch again.

Now what's the plan for a #2 QB? Or heck why should I even think there is a plan. Poles is probably happy to go into the season with an undrafted rookie as a backup again.

Best way to ruin a qb room, can't keep them both
I wanted Caleb to at least earn the job. JF would eventually play his way out of it.

Now JF goes into a pure backup role with zero chance of starting.

Bears Also have no "mentor" QB on the roster and FA is slim because we waited too long.

It isn't the 90's anymore. It doesn't work that way for top picks.
Probably why all the top picks lately aren't working out.

Burrow, Lawrence, Goff etc. The same as it has always been.
Goff didn't start week 1. He started 7 games as a rookie and went 0-7.

Burrow is one of the few that worked out well. He was also 24 when he started in the NFL.

I'd say the jury is still out on Lawrence who has a losing record as a starter.

You are trying to the twist the numbers to fit your argument. Just because Goff sucked as a rookie doesn't mean it didn't work out. Peyton Manning didn't work because he stunk his rookie year as well.
I think Peyton Manning is the only first overall pick to start his rookie season and win a championship.

That is a a trivia question, not a stat to measure success. Matt Stafford also.
The only success I care about it a championship.

I'll give Stafford a half point. He's a very good QB who was traded to a championship team.
Whoa now. These are some crazy high expectations for a franchise that hasn't even won a playoff game in over 10 years. Let's just make the playoffs first.
I was pretty confident the roster as is with JF and two elite prospects makes the playoffs next year.

That shouldn't be the same goal for Caleb. But considering he is a rookie, it will be a win if the Bears win 9 games.

If Caleb's time comes and goes with Chicago and the Bears don't win anything, I don't think I call that a success.

You are all over the map. First you want them competing, then you want Caleb to just win the job and Fields be the backup, then Fields makes the playoffs.
I don't want Caleb handed the job. I would have liked for him to learn and earn it from JF or whoever they had as a bridge QB.

JF makes the playoffs on a team WITHOUT Caleb because that top pick in theory gets traded for two early picks this year and maybe a player or early pick next year.

So it's really the difference of Caleb & #9 vs JF , MHjr, #9 , second rnd pick, and future first or starter in a trade.

If the only goal is winning playoff games, that second scenario is way safer.
This has all the ear marks of win now. We have seen this rope trick before. Stacking the vets and patch wirking the OL is a telling sign. The McCasky family stepped in.

Now what's the plan for a #2 QB? Or heck why should I even think there is a plan. Poles is probably happy to go into the season with an undrafted rookie as a backup again.

I wanted Caleb to at least earn the job. JF would eventually play his way out of it.

Bears Also have no "mentor" QB on the roster and FA is slim because we waited too long.

Burrow is one of the few that worked out well. He was also 24 when he started in the NFL.

You are trying to the twist the numbers to fit your argument. Just because Goff sucked as a rookie doesn't mean it didn't work out. Peyton Manning didn't work because he stunk his rookie year as well.
I think Peyton Manning is the only first overall pick to start his rookie season and win a championship.

I'll give Stafford a half point. He's a very good QB who was traded to a championship team.
Whoa now. These are some crazy high expectations for a franchise that hasn't even won a playoff game in over 10 years. Let's just make the playoffs first.
I was pretty confident the roster as is with JF and two elite prospects makes the playoffs next year.

That shouldn't be the same goal for Caleb. But considering he is a rookie, it will be a win if the Bears win 9 games.

If Caleb's time comes and goes with Chicago and the Bears don't win anything, I don't think I call that a success.
That's fair. I expect Caleb to do even better with this roster than Fields would. Fields showed very little in the way of success to me.
I'm rooting for Caleb now. I hope he is elite and all this concern goes right out the window.

I think Poles did a decent job upgrading the offense. In reality we picked up pro bowl RB1 and WR2. Wr3, TE2, C and backup IOL should all be better.

You are all over the map. First you want them competing, then you want Caleb to just win the job and Fields be the backup, then Fields makes the playoffs.
I don't want Caleb handed the job. I would have liked for him to learn and earn it from JF or whoever they had as a bridge QB.

JF makes the playoffs on a team WITHOUT Caleb because that top pick in theory gets traded for two early picks this year and maybe a player or early pick next year.

So it's really the difference of Caleb & #9 vs JF , MHjr, #9 , second rnd pick, and future first or starter in a trade.

This has all the ear marks of win now. We have seen this rope trick before. Stacking the vets and patch wirking the OL is a telling sign. The McCasky family stepped in.
I just don't see how they're patch working the OL. It's still being built.

Interesting to read how the Steelers fleeced the Bears again. Fields worth more than a 6th but every beat reporter, scout, pundit, talking head and NFL GM viewed him as nothing more than a backup? Inconsistencies running wild. Only time will tell. Not trying to be a Poles apologist but somewhere between the NFL sands of time it was clear that the Bears were going to take Williams or the fan base was coming w pitch forks, torches and uzis. The market adjusted, the Fields stats were leveraged ignoring the pop warner rosters that contributed to a bum like record. Poles was laughed at for trying to get more value as QB strapped teams went to plan B. Its odd but that Panthers first might come back to burn the organization for years. True - could go the other way. If Poles overplayed or overreacted we better hope there isn’t some rash damage control coming.
Poles misplayed the Fields situation and overestimated what his markey value was, that is true, but even if the Steelers fleeced them, the Bears fleeced the Panthers so badly that they are still way ahead in that regard. They are set up to be a playoff team right away if the QB they draft is good at all right away.

Flap its still being built for the last 25 years but I credit Poles for recognizing the criticality of this unit

Aikman. 1-15 as a rookie and things still kinda turned out pretty good.😎

Flap its still being built for the last 25 years but I credit Poles for recognizing the criticality of this unit
Good point

Aikman wants a word.

ETA: Saw he was included farther down the page.

I’m a Steeler fan and very excited about getting Fields but Bears fans shouldn’t sweat it. I watch every Trojans game (hate them, I’m a lifelong Bruins fan’, but I watch) and Caleb Williams is, simply put, the best QB to ever play for a Southern California university. He is probably the best college football QB I have ever seen. He is much like Mahomes only a little smarter. Expect greatness.

This is really annoying

A source told ESPN that five teams in addition to Pittsburgh reached out to Chicago, and the majority of those teams had envisioned the former first-round pick in a backup role," she wrote. "... The Bears had an additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter, per a source, but chose to send Fields to Pittsburgh with the hope of putting the 25-year-old in a position to continue his development — first as a backup to [Russell] Wilson and eventually as a starter."

Can't believe everyone is discounting Brett Rypien 😂. Why the hell did we sign him of all people? There are definitely better veteran options available.
He has experience in the Waldron system and seems to be angling for a coaching career. That would seem to indicate he's positioned or advertised as someone who can help Williams master the system. Whether Rypien will be any good at that is unanswerable for those of us on the outside.

But given Poles' repeated deliberate steps to surround Williams with actual football players, I'll have a shred of faith in this move for now.

Bears have 2 bonafide WRs, an OL that's improving over the past year and still being built. A defense that's improving. Soon to be the top QB in the draft walking into this. My view is that they may finally be doing things the right way.
What have you done with the real flapgreen?

I posted this in the Fields thread and figured I'd post it here, too. Please don't shoot the messenger. I don't take any pleasure in posting this.

Someone else will need to take over the Bears Thread from here on out. My time here has come to an end
Say it ain't so

Interesting to read how the Steelers fleeced the Bears again. Fields worth more than a 6th but every beat reporter, scout, pundit, talking head and NFL GM viewed him as nothing more than a backup? Inconsistencies running wild. Only time will tell. Not trying to be a Poles apologist but somewhere between the NFL sands of time it was clear that the Bears were going to take Williams or the fan base was coming w pitch forks, torches and uzis. The market adjusted, the Fields stats were leveraged ignoring the pop warner rosters that contributed to a bum like record. Poles was laughed at for trying to get more value as QB strapped teams went to plan B. Its odd but that Panthers first might come back to burn the organization for years. True - could go the other way. If Poles overplayed or overreacted we better hope there isn’t some rash damage control coming.
Poles misplayed the Fields situation and overestimated what his markey value was, that is true, but even if the Steelers fleeced them, the Bears fleeced the Panthers so badly that they are still way ahead in that regard. They are set up to be a playoff team
Well its on to USC Pro Day so hopefully everything points to a positive vibe. If Williams is the true prodigy for the Bear’s nation he will eventually lead the organization to finally beating the Packers and the inevitable SB victory. One wrung at a time

I posted this in the Fields thread and figured I'd post it here, too. Please don't shoot the messenger. I don't take any pleasure in posting this.

Horribly managed by Poles.

I think the Bears have had a decent offseason so far, but the Fields trade really puts a damper on things for me. I'm not going to dwell on it but I am putting more strikes on Poles for this.

I didn't hate committing to Flus when the possibility of keeping JF and trading #1 was an option. Now that JF is gone I feel like we missed our chance to reset at HC. There is a very realistic possibility the defense and Caleb struggle and the Bears have a losing record. Do you still keep Flus at that point? Or repeat the Bears cycle of being a constant rebuild?

#9 needs to be an Edge, (top 3) WR or trade down.

I think the Bears have had a decent offseason so far, but the Fields trade really puts a damper on things for me. I'm not going to dwell on it but I am putting more strikes on Poles for this.

I didn't hate committing to Flus when the possibility of keeping JF and trading #1 was an option. Now that JF is gone I feel like we missed our chance to reset at HC. There is a very realistic possibility the defense and Caleb struggle and the Bears have a losing record. Do you still keep Flus at that point? Or repeat the Bears cycle of being a constant rebuild?

Why do you think the D will struggle? I wanted the coaching reset too but they sold me on keeping Flus because of continuity with this young D. If the D takes a step back then we're in big trouble.

Why do you think the D will struggle? I wanted the coaching reset too but they sold me on keeping Flus because of continuity with this young D. If the D takes a step back then we're in big trouble.
Yep and we're back to a coaching change with a 2nd year QB. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I hate the current DL. Flus wants to only bring 4 and likes to rotate guys to keep them fresh. Bears have 1 legitimate pass rushing threat who plays 75% of snaps.

Current Depth chart (with sack numbers)

Walker (3.5) / Kareem (0)
Billings (0) / Pickens (0.5)
Dexter (2.5)
Sweat (12.5) / Robinson (0.5)

That's not a quality group. I'm sure we'll sign a couple rotational guys before FA is over. Bears had the 31st ranked pass rush last season and haven't done a thing to improve there so far. I think Dexter will get better, but if Sweat misses any time I see this defense reverting back to early 2023 version.

I will say this: it's one thing to write about the Bears' trade of Fields, it's another thing to report on the trade.

Local reporters - Courtney Cronin notably - have reported that the teams reaching out to the Bears valued Fields as a backup QB, not as a starter. So yes, a number of starter spots were filled before the Bears moved Fields, but the presumption that the Bears should have been fighting to be a part of that process may not actually be true.

The author's statement that Fields is definitively better than Sam Howell doesn't really stand to reason. With an extra year under his belt, it's hard to say Fields has put together a passing season like that of Howell.

Howell '23: 3,946 pass yards, 21 TD pass, 25 total turnover plays (INT + FUM), 65 sacks
Fields '22, arguably his best year: 2,242 pass yards, 11 TD pass, 27 turnover plays, 55 sacks

Of the teams that needed a starting QB, which ones were likely to trade for a low volume passer needing a contract extension?

Atlanta - with Drake London, Kyle Pitts and a strong catching back in Bijan Robinson, why go with a low-volume passer, in particular one who struggles in the short passing game?
Minnesota - not likely the Bears trade him within the division
Las Vegas - does Getsy actually want him?

Finally, there's the immeasurable factor of pacifying the locker room. By all accounts, Fields was extremely popular among his teammates. Last year, numerous Bears publicly advocated to keep him. Poles is setting up a pretty nice track record for himself of doing right by his own players: he's extended homegrown players like Kmet and Johnson, and now he's given Fields likely the best situation he could ask for. We shouldn't discount what that means for future free agency periods.

Poles is setting up a pretty nice track record for himself of doing right by his own players

Yeah, your response is thought out nicely and is well-worded. I'm not really arguing one way or the other, and your counterpoints take the arguments offered by Solak and refute them pretty admirably. I don't have much more to say than that.

I will say this: it's one thing to write about the Bears' trade of Fields, it's another thing to report on the trade.

Local reporters - Courtney Cronin notably - have reported that the teams reaching out to the Bears valued Fields as a backup QB, not as a starter. So yes, a number of starter spots were filled before the Bears moved Fields, but the presumption that the Bears should have been fighting to be a part of that process may not actually be true.

The author's statement that Fields is definitively better than Sam Howell doesn't really stand to reason. With an extra year under his belt, it's hard to say Fields has put together a passing season like that of Howell.

Howell '23: 3,946 pass yards, 21 TD pass, 25 total turnover plays (INT + FUM), 65 sacks
Fields '22, arguably his best year: 2,242 pass yards, 11 TD pass, 27 turnover plays, 55 sacks

Of the teams that needed a starting QB, which ones were likely to trade for a low volume passer needing a contract extension?

Atlanta - with Drake London, Kyle Pitts and a strong catching back in Bijan Robinson, why go with a low-volume passer, in particular one who struggles in the short passing game?

Finally, there's the immeasurable factor of pacifying the locker room. By all accounts, Fields was extremely popular among his teammates. Last year, numerous Bears publicly advocated to keep him. Poles is setting up a pretty nice track record for himself of doing right by his own players: he's extended homegrown players like Kmet and Johnson, and now he's given Fields likely the best situation he could ask for. We shouldn't discount what that means for future free agency periods.
What is funny about Fields being a "low volume passer" is that the Bears created that. The Bears were a low volume passing offense by their own design. So the Bears, by the nature of their bland offense that they designed and built with a patchwork of average to bad players, created a 25 year old QB with no trade value. Brilliant.

2019/20 Justin Fields in an OSU offense surrounded by great weapons did fine.

What is funny about Fields being a "low volume passer" is that the Bears created that. The Bears were a low volume passing offense by their own design. So the Bears, by the nature of their bland offense that they designed and built with a patchwork of average to bad players, created a 25 year old QB with no trade value. Brilliant.

I was really frustrated this year by how the Bears tried to turn Fields into a pocket passer. I would be the first to say it was stubbornness on Getsy's part, but there's nothing to suggest that Fields as a professional can play QB in structure. I would argue the low passing volume is a result of him failing to read defenses, notably zone coverage, and holding onto the ball until plays result in a sack or a cool-looking scramble that at face value feels like an awesome play but may very well be a missed opportunity for a chunk passing play.

I was really frustrated this year by how the Bears tried to turn Fields into a pocket passer. I would be the first to say it was stubbornness on Getsy's part, but there's nothing to suggest that Fields as a professional can play QB in structure. I would argue the low passing volume is a result of him failing to read defenses, notably zone coverage, and holding onto the ball until plays result in a sack or a cool-looking scramble that at face value feels like an awesome play but may very well be a missed opportunity for a chunk passing play.
Because of the Bears handling of Fields, former players like Deion Sanders and Robert Griffin are now telling Caleb not to go to Chicago because he'll never become a great QB here. The Bears have never developed a QB in their history. Why would a guy like Williams want to come here, especially seeing how the Bears helped develop their last first round QB pick into NFL backup worth a 6th round pick.

Is Sam Howell actually a better QB than Fields or did he just play in a more wide open offense? I doubt Williams thinks that it's all on Justin. Unless Poles somehow has an agreement with WIlliams, Caleb has a lot of leverage now with the current Bears starters being Bagent or Rypien. I can completely see Williams pulling an Eli and telling the Bears to pound sand.

I'm not sure I'm there with you on this one. I don't see the Steelers being a great landing spot for JF. Russ is going to keep him on the bench as long as he stays healthy.

I also don't like how Poles moved on from "homegrown" Roquan Smith because "Off ball LBs aren't worth big money", but then signed Edmonds to just shy of what Roquan got. He let Monty walk as well, so now he has to overpay for a RB1 a year later.

He also made Jaylon earn every penny of that contract. Poles didn't do him any favors here.

Because of the Bears handling of Fields, former players like Deion Sanders and Robert Griffin are now telling Caleb not to go to Chicago because he'll never become a great QB here. The Bears have never developed a QB in their history. Why would a guy like Williams want to come here, especially seeing how the Bears helped develop their last first round QB pick into NFL backup worth a 6th round pick.

Is Sam Howell actually a better QB than Fields or did he just play in a more wide open offense? I doubt Williams thinks that it's all on Justin. Unless Poles somehow has an agreement with WIlliams, Caleb has a lot of leverage now with the current Bears starters being Bagent or Rypien. I can completely see Williams pulling an Eli and telling the Bears to pound sand.
Why would Caleb Williams want to go to Washington or New England? Washington has been by far the worst-managed franchise in the NFL, plays in a decrepit stadium and has a few pieces but not many toward competing. Think the new owner has magically changed everything? Look at the NFLPA report card with F's all over the place.

Why New England? Did the franchise "develop" Tom Brady, or did they just luck out? We just watched them try to "develop" a QB by surrounding him with no talent whatsoever. They have a nice running back, nothing at WR and nothing special at TE.

These were not all your claims, but the narratives about Williams are starting to conflict themselves: he's too cocky about himself (in terms of wanting ownership shares) while also not wanting to go into a theoretical tough situation. He's too soft and can't handle tough situations, while putting his foot down and refusing to play for a franchise or multiple franchises. It just doesn't add up.

Why would Caleb Williams want to go to Washington or New England? Washington has been by far the worst-managed franchise in the NFL, plays in a decrepit stadium and has a few pieces but not many toward competing. Think the new owner has magically changed everything? Look at the NFLPA report card with F's all over the place.

Why New England? Did the franchise "develop" Tom Brady, or did they just luck out? We just watched them try to "develop" a QB by surrounding him with no talent whatsoever. They have a nice running back, nothing at WR and nothing special at TE.
Washington: Consistency with Kliff at OC and Williams is a hometown kid. Probably not New England for similar reasons as CHI. Giants a better spot; Dabol and the big stage of NYC. Hate to say it but Minny would be ideal; stable coaching, talent, play indoors. Bears wouldn't trade to them but if Caleb threatens to not to sign who knows what will happen. Caleb has leverage and even more so since the Bears now have no QB.

Washington: Consistency with Kliff at OC and Williams is a hometown kid. Probably not New England for similar reasons as CHI. Giants a better spot; Dabol and the big stage of NYC. Hate to say it but Minny would be ideal; stable coaching, talent, play indoors. Bears wouldn't trade to them but if Caleb threatens to not to sign who knows what will happen. Caleb has leverage and even more so since the Bears now have no QB.
Yet a lot of people say Williams regressed this year in his one year with Kingsbury as OC.

I am very hard-pressed to imagine any football player in any context who is dying to play for the Washington Commanders, but that's just my opinion.

Anyways, if he abjectly refuses to play for the Bears, it's not like the Bears don't have a fallback plan (Drake Maye + lots of draft capital).

I am very hard-pressed to imagine any football player in any context who is dying to play for the Washington Commanders, but that's just my opinion.

Count me among those who will be stunned if he spurns the Bears. I can maybe see if Washington pays at least four firsts to move up one, but otherwise I think Caleb Williams—despite Deion and RGIII making all sorts of attention-grabbing hot-take noise—will be playing for the Bears this year.

Horribly managed by Poles.
Absolutely. If this was your hometown FF league, guys would be crying collusion between Pittsburgh and Chicago between Claypoll and Fields. Hopefully some cash made its way to the Bears owners from Pittsburgh.

Hat tip to @BobbyLayne who posted this in the Steelers thread:

Pittsburgh has ended up with Joey Porter Jr & Justin Fields for Chase Claypool + a 6th round pick.
Silly Steelers. Bears only gave up a #7, #20, #31, #112, & #164 overall for Fields and Claypool.

I do feel better knowing the NYG turned #7 and #20 into Evan Neal and Kadarious Toney.

Getting Keenan Allen for a 4th, it's such a great move. Give a rookie Keenan and DJ Moore, and three backs you like.

Caleb could be decent. And if he is, Bears can make some noise. NFC has a bunch of flawed teams.

This has been a decent offseason for the Bears.

Re-signed
$19M/yr CB Jaylon Johnson (4yr $76M, or 3yr $60M, or 2yr $44M)
some low-dollar deals

Traded for
$23.1M/yr WR Keenan Allen (1yr $23.1M) (gave up pick 110)
$4M/yr OL Ryan Bates (2yr $8M, or 1yr $4M) (gave up pick 144)

Added in FA
$8M/yr RB D'Andre Swift (3yr $24M, or 2yr $16.5M)
$7.5M/yr S Kevin Byard (2yr $15M, or 1yr $8M)
$6M/yr TE Gerald Everett (2yr $12M, or 1yr $6.5M)
$3M/yr C Coleman Shelton (1yr $3M w $1.75M gtd)
$2.4M/yr S/ST Jonathan Owens (2yr $4.75M, or 1yr $2.6M)
$2.1M/yr LB/ST Amen Ogbongbemiga (1yr, $1M gtd)
$1.2M/yr EDGE Jake Martin (1yr, $0.7M gtd)
$1M/yr OL Matt Pryor (1yr $1M w $0.05M gtd)
$1M/yr OL Jake Curhan (1yr, none gtd)
$1M/yr QB Brett Rypien (1yr, none gtd)

Traded away
Justin Fields to PIT for a 2025 6th (which could become a 4th if he plays half the snaps)

Left in FA
$13M/yr WR Darnell Mooney ATL (3yr $39M)
$10.4M/yr DT Justin Jones ARI (3yr $31.165M)
some low-dollar deals

Cut
S Eddie Jackson (would've gotten $14.2M in new money in 2024)
IOL Cody Whitehair (would've gotten $10.3M in new money in 2024)

Most of these moves look fine or better. My favorites are the Jaylon Johnson re-signing (a top CB without a top-of-market contract, though there's some risk given that he just had 1 great season) and the Coleman Shelton contract (adequate starter for cheap). Smart to let Mooney, Jones, Jackson, and Whitehair go rather than paying them $10M+/yr.

The two moves that I don't like are the D'Andre Swift signing (an overpay for what he offers; Aaron Jones & Pollard are better players who got cheaper contracts) and the return on the Justin Fields trade (they apparently passed on the best offers that they were going to get and then sold low after those teams went in other directions & the market dried up).

(Edited to add newly released contract info)

Last edited:
I'd still like to see a rookie OC like Van-Pran taken as a developmental/rotational piece for the OL. If last season taught the Bears anything, it's that you can't have too many options on the OL.

I'd still like to see a rookie OC like Van-Pran taken as a developmental/rotational piece for the OL. If last season taught the Bears anything, it's that you can't have too many options on the OL.
I like van-pran as well. Is he going to be there at #75? That might be pushing it.

I'm conflicted with the best way forward for this draft. Caleb is obviously #1. I think there are still a couple elite talents there at #9. However the gap from 9 to 75 is brutal. I don't love the idea, but I think the Bears trade back from 9.

Ideally I'd trade back to LV at 13 and add their 3rd (pick 77). Take Verse at 13. IOL & WR at 75 & 77. Maybe move a 3rd and future pick to jump back into the 2nd if they like somewhere there.

The Bears have struggled to pull together a cohesive unit which has been a contributing factor in mostly dismall seasons over the course of the last 38 years. Was the 85-86 OL unit the last squad that rated the highest over the course of this time? Maybe. Balance and strategy in building, maintaining and scaling this unit will always position an organization to achieve success. Rebuilds take time. Walking a fine line between draft potentials and free agency in a demanding market is tricky. Did the Bears do enough to pull their OL into a top unit this year? Might not be elite but above the average? Poles is clearly attempting to put Williams into a better position than Fields. Poles is probably going to have to pull an ace out of his sleeve in the draft if there are further enhancements coming for the line. Possibly that 3rd rounder

I like van-pran as well. Is he going to be there at #75? That might be pushing it.

I'm conflicted with the best way forward for this draft. Caleb is obviously #1. I think there are still a couple elite talents there at #9. However the gap from 9 to 75 is brutal. I don't love the idea, but I think the Bears trade back from 9.

Ideally I'd trade back to LV at 13 and add their 3rd (pick 77). Take Verse at 13. IOL & WR at 75 & 77. Maybe move a 3rd and future pick to jump back into the 2nd if they like somewhere there.
I'd love to see a EDGE at 9 but I don't see value there at all. I'm not a fan of this year's best D-line prospects .
I think we're looking at an OT or one of Nabers or Odunze.
At 75, Van Pran would be best case. I'd say we have a 50/50 shot of that happening.

Kiper new mock has is taking Jared Verse at 9. Very meh. Rather have Murphy from Texas or Latu from UCLA. Maybe even Chop.
My biggest fear at 9 is them 'forcing' a pick just because of need.
I will say that I forgot about Dallas Turner when I made my previous post. I'd love to see him drafted here, but I don't think he makes it

Kiper new mock has is taking Jared Verse at 9. Very meh. Rather have Murphy from Texas or Latu from UCLA. Maybe even Chop.
My biggest fear at 9 is them 'forcing' a pick just because of need.
I will say that I forgot about Dallas Turner when I made my previous post. I'd love to see him drafted here, but I don't think he makes it

Verse might be drafted before Turner. They're different. Turner is all about the speed rush, but not so strong against the run. Verse is really powerful bull rusing and better against the run. They both could fall to the 20s. I think best OL at 9 is a no brainer. A top receiver would work. Bowers would work.

Users who are viewing this thread