What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs dolphins only on peacock. What the… (2 Viewers)

Will you watch tonight’s game?

• I already have peacock

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I’m signing up today

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • I’m not watching the game

Votes: 53 55.8%

• Total voters

DA RAIDERS

Footballguy
So NBC is testing the waters tonight. Will we pay for individual games? I will not be watching. The inability to record the game is a problem as well.

So NBC is testing the waters tonight. Will we pay for individual games? I will not be watching. The inability to record the game is a problem as well.
You wouldn't need to record it. It will be there to rewatch on Peacock app.
I’m working
Not sure what that has to do with anything. If you have the app, you don't need to record the game because you can just pull the game up and rewatch it like someone would pull up and watch an old episode of The Office.

I did a trial last summer for the Tour de France. It was pretty bad For sports. Amazon blows them out of the water.

You wouldn't need to record it. It will be there to rewatch on Peacock app.
I’m working
Not sure what that has to do with anything. If you have the app, you don't need to record the game because you can just pull the game up and rewatch it like someone would pull up and watch an old episode of The Office.
Hours later. The replay doesn’t happen right away. At least it didn’t for the TDF

So if I get home in the middle of the 4th quarter, I can’t rewind it to the beginning of the game(max 2 hours, I believe) so would have to wait for the replay. Ungood

So if I get home in the middle of the 4th quarter, I can’t rewind it to the beginning of the game(max 2 hours, I believe) so would have to wait for the replay. Ungood
Why can't you rewind it? I am watching the Browns game now on Peacock and can rewind it.

Why can't you rewind it? I am watching the Browns game now on Peacock and can rewind it.
Check it for me in a few hours. See if it will go back more than 2 hours.
Will do and I will see what happens when the game ends. Can it be pulled back up?

A few weeks ago my wife signed up for Peacock temporarily to watch some shows she's interested in, so I suppose I could watch KC v MIA if I wanted, but I'm not going to watch it because screw the greedy, money-grubbing NFL. I have plans anyway.

The poll is missing an option. I've heard there are ways to watch sporting events online without paying for them.
i just wanted to see whether NBC’s gambit will work. So far, it’s a definitive no. From a buncha football junkies.

Dude there's an entire thread discussing this
Didn’t see it link?
It was literally 3 posts below yours

Also missing the local nbc option
Is it available in the home markets on regular NBC?

Yes

Dude there's an entire thread discussing this
Didn’t see it link?
It was literally 3 posts below yours

Saw it thanks.

No need to complicate your life. Please watch it if you already have Peacock. If not and want to watch it then pay the $6. It’s not that complicated.

The poll is missing an option. I've heard there are ways to watch sporting events online without paying for them.
i just wanted to see whether NBC’s gambit will work. So far, it’s a definitive no. From a buncha football junkies.
It actually can't work. Peacock is dead. There is nothing short of an immaculate reception level miracle that can save the Peacock app.

It actually can't work. Peacock is dead. There is nothing short of an immaculate reception level miracle that can save the Peacock app.
Schtick? I thought it sucked last summer.

What do you mean schtick?

I have peacock and will "ATTEMPT" to watch this game. The stream is horrible or freezes at times and basically just sux. My internet is very solid by the way and not the issue.
I hate the idea of this and the amount of apps is annoying but I will say with games on Peacock I've had nothing but beautiful audio/visual and never a single issue.

are you making a joke or do you think peacock is doomed to fail?

No need to complicate your life. Please watch it if you already have Peacock. If not and want to watch it then pay the $6. It’s not that complicated.
Pay the 6$ ...LOL ..How much for the Super Bowl? 100$?
Yeah, I would pay $100 to watch the Super Bowl.
ok. That's the problem. Just not for you it appears.

$100 Super Bowl is definitely in their future vision

unless the raiders are playing, i'm out

The financial math would be crazy. I'd prolly not watch live anymore. My last ppv was Tyson vs Holyfield. I'm a big mma fan just never watch live. I could get used to just box score surfing the super bowl of they went ppv. I agree it's inevitable.

unless the raiders are playing, i'm out
In vegas there has to be better options than your home , I'd guess.

are you making a joke or do you think peacock is doomed to fail?
Oh it's for sure doomed to fail. Comcast lost $3 BILLLION on Peacock this last year alone. It's pretty open knowledge in the entertainment world that Peacock has no chance at surviving. It will either need to merge with something else (though it looks like it's going to be the service left out of the big mergers) or just get sold for parts.

@ChiefD and I are Fat Cats so we ponied up the $6 for the game tonight.

-I do think playoff games on streaming services is kinda weak but I will say for the $6, there are several movies i will be interested in as Miami fades into the bitter cold tonight
Lot of TV shows as well with no commercials.

I let Chief talk me into getting over myself and relaxing with my son tonight streaming the game.
:thumbup:

-I do think playoff games on streaming services is kinda weak but I will say for the $6, there are several movies i will be interested in as Miami fades into the bitter cold tonight

I let Chief talk me into getting over myself and relaxing with my son tonight streaming the game.
Is it on a local home-market channel for him?

All the Twilight movies are on also on Peacock so that's good.

Check it for me in a few hours. See if it will go back more than 2 hours.
Will do and I will see what happens when the game ends. Can it be pulled back up?
You are right that rewinding only worked like 2 hours back

Nothing remains the same. Must change with time. Don’t let your ego get in the way. Enjoy life.
If you’re happy with getting price gouged to that extreme then more power to you. I’ll find a pirate stream and watch the game for free as it’s always been, or not watch it at all and find something better to do with my time and the $100 I save.

I don’t actually think they’ll go that far any time soon, and they won’t have to because there’s already so much profit made from the Super Bowl sponsorships and advertising alone for them to jeopardize their viewer count.

Anyone know if they plan on doing this peacock-only thing with another game this post season? Anyone hear about that?

Users who are viewing this thread