What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chime in if you are already disappointed (1 Viewer)

The Pats have not done anything, so I am a little dissapointed. I was hoping with the extra cap space I would see them settle on David Givens...Semour and Adam V too!

I'll let you know when Hutchinson signs.
I heard you guys got a RB that doesn't suck too bad.I'd say A- is the worst you could do if you do nothing more at all.
I'd take Hutch before SA in a heartbeat
He doesn't suck that bad cuz when he runs left there's no one there to stop him. Hutch is WAY more important thatn SA. I am far from happy so far, but with R & R in the front office I have faith. We have lots of cap room and Hutch knows he's got the best LT next to him and a perennial rushing champ/SB contender if he stays with the Hawks.

Living in Ohio, I am very aware that Browns fans are excited. They are setting Charlie Frye up for success. Hopefully his life span will be longer than Tim Couch's.

Grade : A
Bentley and Schaff signings were a perfect way to start out the Frye-era. They were wise to let him sit as long as they did last season and now they made moves to actually give the guy some protection. The fact he's more mobile than Tim Couch(read: he can do more than walk briskly) doesn't hurt either.
The Browns are taking huuuge steps. My good friend is a Browns Backer and I would love to see them tear up the AFCN. And even better news is that nothing bad has happened to KII yet!!! He might play this year.

You have to admit, Arrington walking away from that bonus is very suspect. I don't believe he walked for nothing, do you?
I believe he walked away since he couldn't establish himself as a fulltime player in DC, and they might cut him later in the offseason without the bonus, which was due in June. He was given the option of renegotiating his contract or leaving under these terms. He first decided to stay with a renegotiated contract, then changed his mind.Don't forget, his agent's name is Poston. You know, the one who didn't read the contract but signed it; the one who turned down a bonus that had the numbers 666 in it, the one who had the bonus scheduled to come in June instead of March, to give the Skins more time to hold him and then cut him with no bonus. He gets crap advice from his agent.

Chargers better do something.

If you're not going after anyone AJ, why did you let brees go?

:hot:

GEEZ!
They signed Marlon McCree
So what
This isn't fantasy football, guy. McCree is a great fit.
I'm well aware of what it is.He's decent, big deal.

Dont think this moves put them over the top.

Guy
This is the thread to ##### in so go ahead.McCree is an upgrade, but we're all expecting a lot more. If we don't get Demps or Hope and improve the OL Chargers fans are going to be in an uproar.

GEEZ!
So what

Guy
This is the thread to ##### in so go ahead.McCree is an upgrade, but we're all expecting a lot more. If we don't get Demps or Hope and improve the OL Chargers fans are going to be in an uproar.
Chargers fans are really going to be in an uproar when they realize there will be growing pains with a guy who is basically a rookie taking over. My bet, Shottencrapper is fired by mid season....

WOW- tough crowd considering that the FA has been in effect for what- a whole 35 hours or so?
A bunch of FA's have already signed and with so many teams having cap space because the salary cap went up the price of the remaining quality FA's is only going to go up imo.

GEEZ!
So what

Guy
Hate to break it to you, but the Bolts aren't going to add multiple FA safeties. McCree is the upgrade at S.OL help will be on the way - I fully expect at least 1 starter caliber lineman to be added through FAgency and the draft.

Living in Ohio, I am very aware that Browns fans are excited. They are setting Charlie Frye up for success. Hopefully his life span will be longer than Tim Couch's.

Grade : A
If CLE gets an A then STL is working hard for an A+. They resign Bruce at a lower #, sign Chavous and now Witherspoon. I'm not sure they are done yet, still some talk they are interested in DL and TE.

GEEZ!
So what

Guy
You want Demps or Hope over McCree? Yikes. Hope is horrible...no team in the NFL has even contacted him about signing him. Demps is coming off an ACL. McCree was an excellent signing given the market.

You mean free agency started?!?!? ;)

I don't know what the hell Jerry Angelo is doing. But the fact that he hasn't targeted Givens, and didn't bring A.Randle El in yet really bothers me. Especially since Danny Warbucks flew him into DC from Chicago on his private jet.

The Bears need offensive playmakers (I'm thinking a veteran WR and a 1st or 2nd round TE).

Get with the program Angelo!

....unless of course he's waiting for Marty Booker to get cut from Miami.
:goodposting: Minnesota's made a big splash in free agency already. Angelo, what are you waiting for? Godot?

You want Demps or Hope over McCree? Yikes. Hope is horrible...no team in the NFL has even contacted him about signing him. Demps is coming off an ACL.

McCree was an excellent signing given the market.
McCree wasn't bad because he was so cheap but Demps is a much better player imo and is younger with a brighter future.

You want Demps or Hope over McCree? Yikes. Hope is horrible...no team in the NFL has even contacted him about signing him. Demps is coming off an ACL.

McCree wasn't bad because he was so cheap but Demps is a much better player imo and is younger with a brighter future.
You see the press conference? I think McCree was the right guy. :thumbup:

You want Demps or Hope over McCree?  Yikes.  Hope is horrible...no team in the NFL has even contacted him about signing him.  Demps is coming off an ACL. 

Demps isn't better. Reed, Rolle and McAlister protected him. Of course, McGree's defense wasn't exactly chopped liver. But I still think you're getting the better player in McCree. Besides apples to oranges=FS to SS.

Thus far the Packers have certainly been frugal. There is something to be said, I suppose, for letting the first rush of overpayment play out and then making your impact.

Thus far the Packers have certainly been frugal. There is something to be said, I suppose, for letting the first rush of overpayment play out and then making your impact.
Tight-wad Thompson isn't doing much thus far. The Packers have tons of $ and tons of need and yet have made no moves. I still can't believe they let Longwell go :hot:

Demps isn't better. Reed, Rolle and McAlister protected him. Of course, McGree's defense wasn't exactly chopped liver. But I still think you're getting the better player in McCree. Besides apples to oranges=FS to SS.
Actually it's apples to apples in that Jue is still going to start with McCree he's just going to slide from one S position to the other so I'm comparing a S combo of Demps/Jue to Jue/McCree.We'll see who got protected more, I still say Demps plays better out of the shadow of BAL's defense than McCree does outside the shadow of CAR's. But I hope you're right.

GEEZ!
So what

Guy
You want Demps or Hope over McCree? Yikes. Hope is horrible...no team in the NFL has even contacted him about signing him. Demps is coming off an ACL. McCree was an excellent signing given the market.
No, I want one of them and McCree. Jue should not be a starting safety in the NFL.

Actually it's apples to apples in that Jue is still going to start with McCree he's just going to slide from one S position to the other so I'm comparing a S combo of Demps/Jue to Jue/McCree.We'll see who got protected more, I still say Demps plays better out of the shadow of BAL's defense than McCree does outside the shadow of CAR's. But I hope you're right.
Doesn't Demps/McCree should better than Jue/McCree?Also, shouldn't it be easy to get him back to SD after playing at SDSU?

Last edited by a moderator:
steelers.

:tumbleweed:

i understand that they are going to try and resign our guys but... still...

until we resign keisel or ANYONE else (minus kriewaldt), im disappointed

I'm not the one who wrote this, but there apparently are a few upset Bears fans:

The Bears have scheduled visits with.... NOBODY!!!! Well they are at it again. I guess the Bears do not need any help. They have an awesome WR corp who will all have breakout years. The DB's especially the cornerback position is outstanding. That peanut is a lock down cover corner. He's especially good at blanketing those small quick receivers, and the safety spot. Im sure they'll have a healthy Mike Brown for all 16 games so no problem there. Nickle back is no problem either with the emergance of Chris Thompson in the playoff game against Carolina, and Rasheed Davis working his Arena League magic. Exceptional depth. Tight end is also solid plenty of speed there. This team has no need for veteran help. There draft will yield plenty of players that will make immediate impacts in their first years so the Bears can go to the Super Bowl. Im sure glad the McCaskey's are wisely spending that extra money from raising those ticket prices.

As a Browns fan I am rather excited about the additions thus far!! Yes the Ravens are a much hated rival, as a fantasy owner I am mystified by the signings of both Anderson and Lewis. Nice insurance but kills their fantasy value!!

Now that the Redskins have signed Brandon Lloyd and Andre Carter, I'm a bit happier. They better re-sign Derrick Dockery, sign a kicker, and cut John Hall, and then I'll be happy.

Dear Jerry Angelo,

Did you dare Daniel Snyder to try to sign the free agents you targeted first? Because you're losing that game badly. :wall:

You want Demps or Hope over McCree?  Yikes.  Hope is horrible...no team in the NFL has even contacted him about signing him.  Demps is coming off an ACL. 

You see the press conference? I think McCree was the right guy. :thumbup:
:lmao:

And OL Mike Williams signs in JAX as the band goes playing on for AJ. Schaffer gone. Williams gone. Bentley gone. Hutchinson gone. Runyan hasn't heard from anyone. Hopkins hasn't even been mentioned for a visit. Or Ashworth. Or Fabini.

Why do I get the sinking feeling they won't be addressing OT on day one of the draft this year either? Again.

I'm immeasurably disappointed...

Eagles needed to focus on both lines this FA period AND had a boatload a money to do that. Instead we've let Runyan walk without an offer sheet, let Bentley play us for leverage in Cleveland, signed a marginal TE and LB, and had no visits scheduled this weekend of any consequence.

:sadbanana:
How dare you question the "Gold Standard"!! I really can't believe you're upset with the Eagles right now. C'mon, let's recap:We've signed Shawn Barber (remember, he had a great year in 2002)

A backup TE (hey, they're needed too!)

And please let's not forget, they resigned Reno Mahe!

Mike Anderson?? Please. The Eagles have Buckhalter! At least for the first week of training camp! Trade for Brandon Lloyd?? And give up a 3rd *AND* a 4th round pick?? Remember, "the Gold Standard".

We, as Philly fans, have to remember what's important here....WE'RE 25 MILLION UNDER THE CAP!' Stop whinning.

ETA: Also keep in mind they did make a play for Brian Finneran. Can't help it he if re-upped with Atlanta. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to count all those SB trophies again.

... and SD pulls off yet another bold move by signing TE Aaron Shea (Browns) to a three-year deal with some of the Brees $.

First McCree, now Shea. I have to think they are targeting a second tier punter floating around in FA next.

... and SD pulls off yet another bold move by signing TE Aaron Shea (Browns) to a three-year deal with some of the Brees $.

First McCree, now Shea. I have to think they are targeting a second tier punter floating around in FA next.
Shea, wow, I didn't see a huge signing like that coming. He'll probably challenge Gates for the starting job...That said, the Chargers needed another TE will Peele leaving.

Good signing by the Bolts. Shea has shown flashes.
Dude The Bolts could probably bring back Leaf and you'd love it.
What can I say, I think AJ Smith has basically ran the table the past couple of years with the decisions he's made. From cutting Boston and Wiley, to the Manning trade, to the Merriman/Castillo homeruns, AJ's been fantastic. Don't forget he has locked LT2, Gates, Rivers, Merriman, and Castillo up long term so we won't be in cap hades anytime in the near future.Dudes been fantastic lately.

Good signing by the Bolts.  Shea has shown flashes.
Dude The Bolts could probably bring back Leaf and you'd love it.
What can I say, I think AJ Smith has basically ran the table the past couple of years with the decisions he's made. From cutting Boston and Wiley, to the Manning trade, to the Merriman/Castillo homeruns, AJ's been fantastic. Don't forget he has locked LT2, Gates, Rivers, Merriman, and Castillo up long term so we won't be in cap hades anytime in the near future.Dudes been fantastic lately.
AJ's a good GM.The Brees/Rivers decsion is the only issue I have at this point.

I'd like an upgrade at oline before FA is over.

Users who are viewing this thread